Car of the Week 228: COTY GTS Finale

• Thread starter Racer283
  • 3,110 comments
Yep and if we ever test out one of the High Rollers, I will let everyone know in advance since that can take couple of days to get those cars.
Awesome. Thank you! I really want to join in but I'm not too good. Plus I haven't signed up for PS internet, so i can't atm, but I'm thinking of buying it today. I play Tekken 7 also and need online for that.
I appreciate everyone's kindness and excitement here. TBH this is the best forum I've been on.
Cheers

Awesome. Thank you! I really want to join in but I'm not too good. Plus I haven't signed up for PS internet, so i can't atm, but I'm thinking of buying it today. I play Tekken 7 also and need online for that.
I appreciate everyone's kindness and excitement here. TBH this is the best forum I've been on.
Cheers

Feel free to join once you get the Plus Membership. We have good variety of racers in our group. We have our aliens but we also have people who place in mid to back position so you can find someone to race with in every race. The COTW Community is pretty good and we all share a love of cars and enjoy getting together and race against each other. Also this group has been around since GT5 but it has changed hands with each iteration of the game but still remains the same.

The GT by Citroen (one of dumbest names I've heard since "Chrysler TC by Maserati") was one of those cars I couldn't get a handle on. In street form it has the plowing understeer that's a staple of GT Sport now in spades, but then it would transition into a wild oversteer out of the corner. And it felt like that transition point was constantly changing. The GT3 car was slightly better but I didn't feel nearly as comfortable in it as in some of the other race cars I've driven such as the Aston Martin Vantage or the Chevrolet Corvette. Add that the wild styling and the TIE Fighter-like interior didn't appeal to me, and I don't see myself coming back to these cars anytime soon. Beaters.

Also this group has been around since GT5 but it has changed hands with each iteration of the game but still remains the same.
Some groups have leaders. Others have presidents. We just seem to change leadership with each game.

And the funny thing is we never planned it that way, each time it's been a different reason. I took over from McClarenDesign cos he couldn't commit the time to the community any more. Then Racer took over from me cos for the first year of GTS I didn't have a PS4 so he got the show on the road himself. :D

Some groups have leaders. Others have presidents. We just seem to change leadership with each game.

And the funny thing is we never planned it that way, each time it's been a different reason. I took over from McClarenDesign cos he couldn't commit the time to the community any more. Then Racer took over from me cos for the first year of GTS I didn't have a PS4 so he got the show on the road himself. :D

That's pretty awesome in a way. GT5 is still one of my favorites

More vids on the way, but how about this one!!! Another chapter in the seemingly never ending "Nismo vs Vic" saga! I was almost ready to accept defeat, until Vic made a mistake and I slipped by... The rest is a damn good watch!!!

Now, to send it to GT for their "MY GT MOMENT" thingy...

I had the pleasure of being a youth back when the GT by Citroen first surfaced on the internet. The wildly futuristic design which in my mind looked like an alien spaceship was the best looking thing my 13 year old brain had ever seen. In fact, the GTs appearance is exciting and forward looking enough that I still love it all these years later. Through out GT 5 and GT 6, the multiple versions of the Citroen have gone through some slight alterations as far as power and handling goes. Honestly, I just liked the look of it and never really put much time into driving it. Being a pure concept car, Polyphony has been able to, again, take some liberties in adjusting the GT by Citroen s characteristics. So with the expectations not really anywhere to begin with, we go racing.

Thanks to the entire COTW gang, last weeks racing was some of the best, most enjoyable racing I have had in a short GT Sport career. Despite a heartbreaking end to a Phenomenal rain race with @JackRyanWMU and @RobboGTAddict Then being almost 10 seconds off the pace of @Vic Reign93 at Lemans (Thats just embarrassing and insulting :lol: ) I am starting to realize how fast and how competitive this field of drivers is. And thankfully I am finding my place in it once again after too long a hiatus. Going back to the car, I felt very impressed and comfortable driving the GT. I actually got the feeling it can be used as a baseline for how cars should handle in the game. I think this one is a sleeper. Its a prehistoric Vision GT car I might have overlooked again on this generation of Gran Turismo, but its got good power and actully handles like my go kart irl. Which reminds me...

The week of the 24th of September I missed Cotw because I was actually racing karts at Jim Russel Academy in Mont Tremblant, Quebec. This was my first race outside of my home karting club (Its been a long time coming) and I am very happy to announce I have been invited to join a team for at least 2 rounds of the Montreal cup next season.:D I arrived for free practice on Friday and spent my first session completely lost :dunce: :lol: but after my 3rd session I came off the track and was told only 7 drivers had set faster lap times than me all day. I continued to find pace and was in the top 5 going into Saturday.

Unfortunately I made a mess of qualifying and only managed 20th. Mid pack so not terrible for a rookie but I felt rotten from the mistakes I made. Thankfully, I had a pre-final and final race still to go.
Coupe_Montreal_6 Prefinal Start02.jpg

This is from the start of our prefinal. From the start, the #732 got a monster start and I darted in behind for a tow up the middle. By the time we reached turn 1 both of us had made 10 places. Then the two rows of front runners started to squeeze us out of room. The 732 was catapulted into the air directly in front of me and with the driver dumped out on the ground many drivers behind darted into each other in attempts to avoid. Im in the red kart darting to the infield in the background and unfortunately, I was clipped by another driver and sent into a spin eventually colliding with a tire wall. The race was red flagged after another kart flipped going into turn 2. I managed to get going again and joined from the pit lane for the restart. But the pace I had the day before was lost as a result of the damaged kart. The final race of the day went much better. Even though I was off my regular pace, I gained 6 places and thanks to a last lap last corner pass around the outside, finished in 18th.

If anyone is interested, I have a few more pictures and some footage of the start of the Pre-final. I would be happy to share. Cheers

20191008210825.jpg

The Citroen Vision Gran Turismo!!!

Wait....

I think @Soyuz 77 said it perfectly. Here we have a prehistoric Vision Gran Turismo car. Sure it predates the VGT program by a few years, but it still fits the brief. Two door sports car? Check. Looking ahead to the near future? Check. Total creative freedom? You bet.

The GT By Citroen is a bit of a funny one for me. My first interactions with it were regarding the race car (more on that later), but the road car itself was still quite the curiosity. The original concept car featured a nearly 800bhp electric motor setup, and enough torque to put Jay Leno's Tank Car to shame! It seemed like an absolute weapon, and from the looks of things was going to revolutionize the EV scene, bearing in mind this was over a decade ago!!

So when the road car came out, I was surprised to learn that somewhere along the line the EV system had been totally gutted from the car and swapped out for a 5.4L Ford Coyote V8. I'm not exactly complaining, but I'd still like to know where in the production process the team had gone "Hmmmm, yeah let's not do that, let's just stuff a V8 in it!"

It's a fantastic car. Even on sport tyres it's agile, responsive and very punchy. I can thrash it around the track without too much hassle, not too much understeer, and the rear doesn't get too excitable in the slower corners either. The insane duel with Vic is testament to that. It's got a great sound to it, and I can use my H-patten shifter with it (Until I need 7th gear)! All in all, although I'll admit it's not my first choice in the N500 class, I had way more fun than I expected in the road car. It's a sleeper for sure!

20191008210815.jpg

The Racing Modification...
Lower weight. Higher power. Faster lap times.

As I alluded to earlier, the race car was my first taste of the GT By Citroen platform. Now for that story! I'm not sure if many of the regulars know, but I bought GT5 wayyyy after the online period was over. Which was fine for me, it was still a huge upgrade from GT4, but still I had no real grinding methods, aside from Like The Wind and a USA race at Indy that netted about $90k a pop.

Anyway, I had no idea of the existence of the GTBC at this point. And one day I was just perusing the various manufacturers, checking out the cars, when I came across the Citroen dealer. And the three GTBC cars. The fact that Citroen had made a supercar was surprising enough, but soon as I laid eyes on the racecar, HO BOY. It was gorgeous. I wanted it. I loved it. There was just one problem. It was $5,700,000. I was grinding for WEEKS to get it, and when I did, I got a sense of accomplishment I'd never had before in a GT game. It was amazing. The car was great!!! And don't even get me started on that hyper futuristic racing interior!

It only made sense to put it in Gr.3, really. It's as if it was purpose built for the class, with the right numbers and specs without the need for a big nerfing or anything. The only problem is it's age sort of shows. As one of the older cars in the GT3 grid (Possibly the oldest until the McLaren F1 showed up), it appears to get out gunned by other cars. I only say "appears" because I haven't done much Sport Mode racing in it, but when I've raced against them, they've been relatively easy targets. Maybe that's just the individual drivers, who knows.

What I do know is this. It's got the racecar go faster bits. It's got the GT class performance. And it still puts a smile on my face every time I do drive it. Maybe I oughta give it a chance in Sport Mode. Frankly I don't know why I haven't yet at this point.

Regardless, I'd say it's neutral, not because it's bad or because it's good, but because it performs pretty much how you expect it to. At least the road car genuinely surprised me.

Did a 7.23.684 with it on the Nordschleife. This thing certainly needs its aero parts. Man, what a handful. Very loose and slidy, but still very fun and rewarding, when you "tame" it. Still a few seconds to squeeze out of that monster. Verdict: it's a sleeper!

Last edited:
View attachment 856334
The Citroen Vision Gran Turismo!!!

Wait....

I think @Soyuz 77 said it perfectly. Here we have a prehistoric Vision Gran Turismo car. Sure it predates the VGT program by a few years, but it still fits the brief. Two door sports car? Check. Looking ahead to the near future? Check. Total creative freedom? You bet.

The GT By Citroen is a bit of a funny one for me. My first interactions with it were regarding the race car (more on that later), but the road car itself was still quite the curiosity. The original concept car featured a nearly 800bhp electric motor setup, and enough torque to put Jay Leno's Tank Car to shame! It seemed like an absolute weapon, and from the looks of things was going to revolutionize the EV scene, bearing in mind this was over a decade ago!!

So when the road car came out, I was surprised to learn that somewhere along the line the EV system had been totally gutted from the car and swapped out for a 5.4L Ford Coyote V8. I'm not exactly complaining, but I'd still like to know where in the production process the team had gone "Hmmmm, yeah let's not do that, let's just stuff a V8 in it!"

It's a fantastic car. Even on sport tyres it's agile, responsive and very punchy. I can thrash it around the track without too much hassle, not too much understeer, and the rear doesn't get too excitable in the slower corners either. The insane duel with Vic is testament to that. It's got a great sound to it, and I can use my H-patten shifter with it (Until I need 7th gear)! All in all, although I'll admit it's not my first choice in the N500 class, I had way more fun than I expected in the road car. It's a sleeper for sure!

View attachment 856338
The Racing Modification...
Lower weight. Higher power. Faster lap times.

As I alluded to earlier, the race car was my first taste of the GT By Citroen platform. Now for that story! I'm not sure if many of the regulars know, but I bought GT5 wayyyy after the online period was over. Which was fine for me, it was still a huge upgrade from GT4, but still I had no real grinding methods, aside from Like The Wind and a USA race at Indy that netted about $90k a pop.

Anyway, I had no idea of the existence of the GTBC at this point. And one day I was just perusing the various manufacturers, checking out the cars, when I came across the Citroen dealer. And the three GTBC cars. The fact that Citroen had made a supercar was surprising enough, but soon as I laid eyes on the racecar, HO BOY. It was gorgeous. I wanted it. I loved it. There was just one problem. It was $5,700,000. I was grinding for WEEKS to get it, and when I did, I got a sense of accomplishment I'd never had before in a GT game. It was amazing. The car was great!!! And don't even get me started on that hyper futuristic racing interior!

It only made sense to put it in Gr.3, really. It's as if it was purpose built for the class, with the right numbers and specs without the need for a big nerfing or anything. The only problem is it's age sort of shows. As one of the older cars in the GT3 grid (Possibly the oldest until the McLaren F1 showed up), it appears to get out gunned by other cars. I only say "appears" because I haven't done much Sport Mode racing in it, but when I've raced against them, they've been relatively easy targets. Maybe that's just the individual drivers, who knows.

What I do know is this. It's got the racecar go faster bits. It's got the GT class performance. And it still puts a smile on my face every time I do drive it. Maybe I oughta give it a chance in Sport Mode. Frankly I don't know why I haven't yet at this point.

Regardless, I'd say it's neutral, not because it's bad or because it's good, but because it performs pretty much how you expect it to. At least the road car genuinely surprised me.
Solid review!

I'm going to be entirely honest. I could have joined this week's Camaro racing but you see, I was doing something much more important. That and I forgot it was Tuesday and didn't realise until the day after.

I spent the entire night planning how I would make PS4 Assetto Corsa into a Grid Autosport clone complete with its own Discipline and Class system, and the car and livery you get in each subsequent season would determine your contract and car choice for the next season.

157F0FE2-CA2F-4524-8261-CCF8679D4AD8.jpeg.jpg

Then I spent a couple hours making class intro videos for no reason that I'm now addicted to making. Please send help.

Anyways, good news is that I've saved a couple videos from previous races in GT Sport and now that I have a regular stream of video files flowing between my PS4 and computer, I'll be sure to put a couple replays on and upload them soon-ish.

Also if anyone can guess the song and what game it's from, I owe you a cookie or something.

Last edited:
I haven't written up a review in a long time but Tuesday was pretty enjoyable. I do enjoy the Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE. I felt like it was more lively on a softer compound compared to the Sports Soft or Racing Tires. It was fun to get it to slide on St. Croix as you head up the hill to the esses. Overall it was a great night and some fun close races. I'd give the Camaro ZL1 1LE a sleeper status.

Here are some videos from Tuesday Night:

To my surprise the Camaro ZL1 is very enjoyable to drive in the game and I honestly didn't think it would see much time from me when it was released. The car I was looking forward to the most out of this update was the Ferrari Daytona but the Camaro has seen just as much action as the Ferrari.

It has great handling on it's stock Sport Tires and something most other high N-Class cars struggle with. The ZL1 Camaro just feels very well balanced overall and my only complaint with this car is there are very little places you can use it in GT League without a reduction in power.
The sound of the supercharger is absolutely fantastic and my favorite part about driving it. Putting my headphones on and cranking up the volume really makes that supercharger come alive.

This Camaro is definitely a Sleeper for me. I feel very few high powered N-Class cars in this game drive and sound just as good as they look in completely stock fourm as this Camaro does.

Without question, the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE is a beast straight out of the box. Almost as powerful as the Ferrari 488 I drove last month, with enough aero bits to look like its GT4 spec version, you won't be sneaking up on anyone in this car. Admittedly, the car didn't feel like it handled well until it had Racing spec rubber on it, but this isn't the sort of car you're going to drive in any kind of rain or snow anyway. It's a shame the Camaro ZL1 doesn't have the kind of rabid fandom the Dodge Challenger Hellcat does, especially since the Camaro can handle corners and has actually had a redesign in the past decade. The ZL1 isn't a Sleeper, but performance bang for your buck, it's very hard top.

The 1998 Supra 3.0 GT A is, imo, a beater but a fun one. I'm driving it pure stock on Hard Tires. Also, what is stock considered? Comfort tires?
It's slower from 0-155 mph than the 91 Mitsubishi GTO (head start for the Toyota), which I found interesting, especially because the Toyota actually has a higher top speed, just takes longer to get there. The two are both nice GT cars, but one thing is different - the Supra has RWD, and it will slide nicely through corners, at least by my standards (probably not high lol). Since the car is is a GT car, it does have a strong feeling to it, and it's not exactly featherweight. Definitely tends to stick well imo, but it still has a bulky feeling to it that it can't shed off.
I find it to be a lots of fun, dissapointing acceleration and imperfect handling non withstanding. The gearing is pretty good, it distributes power smoothly throughout it's powerband and is linear, making it feel slower than it is. I love the inside as well, PD did an awesome job on the inside and outside of the car. It takes a certain type of track, like Deep Forest from the older days, that it would be good on if the driver was competent.

Definitely more fun than the AWD 1991 Mitsu GTO which is my favorite (even though we all saw me throw a fit about it, sorry) There's quite a few older and newer cars in GTS that I cant wait to try.

Definitely a beater, but one that has more personality than the heavier 1991 Mitsubishi GTO. However, I could also see someone saying it's too bland, and I'd be able to see the point.

Can't wait to see what you all think!

Last edited:
The 1998 Supra 3.0 GT A is, imo, a beater but a fun one. I'm driving it pure stock on Hard Tires. Also, what is stock considered? Comfort tires?
It's slower from 0-155 mph than the 91 Mitsubishi GTO (head start for the Toyota), which I found interesting, especially because the Toyota actually has a higher top speed, just takes longer to get there. The two are both nice GT cars, but one thing is different - the Supra has RWD, and it will slide nicely through corners, at least by my standards (probably not high lol). Since the car is is a GT car, it does have a strong feeling to it, and it's not exactly featherweight. Definitely tends to stick well imo, but it still has a bulky feeling to it that it can't shed off.
I find it to be a lots of fun, dissapointing acceleration and imperfect handling non withstanding. The gearing is pretty good, it distributes power smoothly throughout it's powerband and is linear, making it feel slower than it is. I love the inside as well, PD did an awesome job on the inside and outside of the car. It takes a certain type of track, like Deep Forest from the older days, that it would be good on if the driver was competent.

Definitely more fun than the AWD 1991 Mitsu GTO which is my favorite (even though we all saw me throw a fit about it, sorry) There's quite a few older and newer cars in GTS that I cant wait to try.

Definitely a beater, but one that has more personality than the heavier 1991 Mitsubishi GTO. However, I could also see someone saying it's too bland, and I'd be able to see the point.

Can't wait to see what you all think!

1. I agree on everything you said about the car.
2. Stock means untouched. As you buy it from the dealership. Far above 90% sports hard tyres.
3. Please do not double post. Please use the EDIT button.

Sorry about that. So when you go for all out stock testing, do you use comfort soft /medium / hard or whatever the car came equppiped with? I know it sounds like a stupid question, sorry

Sorry about that. So when you go for all out stock testing, do you use comfort soft /medium / hard or whatever the car came equppiped with? I know it sounds like a stupid question, sorry

Because I only test street cars, I exclusivly use sport hard tyres.

Back