Car of the Week 228: COTY GTS Finale

• Thread starter Racer283
  • 3,110 comments
We meet every Tuesday at 11:00pm EST. All skill levels are welcome. Hell, you don't even need to drive the COTW to participate.

Which lobby? Which name etc? Thanks for the reply! Also, IF some other German is also pariticipating, what time is that in Germany? :)

The room will have the letters COTW and the current car. Or find my PSN: Rob_on_Drums.

As for the European time zones, Germany is usually 6 hours ahead, so its 5am, or 05:00

The room will have the letters COTW and the current car. Or find my PSN: Rob_on_Drums.

As for the European time zones, Germany is usually 6 hours ahead, so its 5am, or 05:00

Thank you for the fast response! 5am huh? Well ok, next tuesday I am free anyway, so I guess participating at least once should be worth it ;)
Next tuesday we are driving the next weekly car, right?

Last edited:
Thank you for the fast response! 5am huh? Well ok, next tuesday I am free anyway, so I guess participating at least one should be worth it ;)
Next tuesday we are driving the next weekly car, right?

The next car will be announced usually on Sunday or Monday just depends on what day I get around to posting it.

Bit off topic but some seriously exciting news I wanted to share with you all!

So a while back I learned of an opportunity to further my racing career, by entering the BMW Race Driver Series. They run a scholarship that provides a car, all the kit and everything for the season. A good old E30 shape 320i that has proved it's worth many a time.

Anyway, I applied, and within 24 hours I was accepted to go along to a test day and hopefully secure the seat for the season!!! I'm super stoked, and to be honest hella nervous. This is a leap from budget Lemons racing to full on competition. :eek:

20190718_213609.jpg
20190719_222854.jpg

This sounds fun, I'll be at y'alls nex meet Tuesday!

It's a lot of fun and great group of racers. There are times where the races are as close as a hundredth of a second between people. We meet at 10PM Central Time. You can either add me on PSN: Racer2833 or search for Car of the Week or COTW in the title for the game servers.

The rest of my vids from our time in the DC2 are up!

I REALLY like this car. It's the closest thing I have to the almighty N15 Pulsar in the game. It's dirt cheap, maneuverable, quick and even on comfort tyres it clings to corners and manages to be as fun and enjoyable to drive as any Gr.3 or Gr.4 car! Sleeper of the year candidate right here!

Also thanks to all for the support re the BMW scholarship! I went and saw the guys at the CRC Speedshow, and they're all good blokes, the car looks awesome and I'm super excited for the 17th of August now!!!

The Integra provided a great night of close racing. This was the car I wanted to choose earlier in the year, but had a brain fart and picked the '97 Supra. It's (IMO) the best FF car in the game, but the new physics model (IMO) changed it from incredible to really good. But I have a question for you guys that were running MT. What was your shift point? Not counting the folks running an extra 40-50 hp, everyone was blowing past me on the straight. I finally switched to AT at and at least got a podium.

Props to @RobboGTAddict for drumming up some new folks to join in our races. Um....that was unintentional (rob_on_drums) :lol:

Anyway, it was easy to give the Integra a verdict of: Sleeper!

My gratuitous livery pic, inspired by some stuff I saw online. Plus some pink candy in Cuba.

8152176207277851156_0.jpg

8296291393740998172_0.jpg

Last edited:
But I have a question for you guys that were running MT. What was your shift point?

I was shifting pretty much on the limiter. Being a 1.8 vtec, you need all the revs you can get as it's got no torque so you need to really wring it. When I jumped into the Impreza I had to remember to shift way earlier to make use of the turbo torque, especially since it was way down on power in order to match the Integra.

This week we will be testing the 45HP engine Toyota S800. Be sure to tune the car up to 100HP as that is the starting point for online lobbies. This weeks car was chosen by @MidFieldMaven

Toyota-S800-02.jpg

I fully tuned it now. BOP on or of? It's 04.55 am here now. Cant find the toom. Already up?

It's 05.01. Room can not be found. When does the race start? Please answer :)

Edit: off to bed again...

Last edited:
It held on your Wednesday our Tuesday here in the states. Join us tomorrow.

Not gonna get up at 04:30am a second time in a row. Maybe next week. I like slow cars, but this weeks car is a snail anyway. Also I hate tuning cars. Hopefully next weeks car will be driven bone stock.
Cheers and a lot of fun to all of you tomorrow! :)

Not gonna get up at 04:30am a second time in a row. Maybe next week. I like slow cars, but this weeks car is a snail anyway. Also I hate tuning cars. Hopefully next weeks car will be driven bone stock.
Cheers and a lot of fun to all of you tomorrow! :)

Most of the time we race the cars stock but within the N100 class there are cars that only come with 45HP. When you come to creating the room and you go to setting the horsepower it only goes down to 100HP so you have to bring up those cars to 100HP to have them run in the lobby without having to check each player after every race to see if they are in compliance with the rules.

The regulars may have noticed I've made a PlayStation Community for COTW. Rest assured, we're not ditching GTPlanet, I just thought I'd try it out and see what a Community page can offer the group. My thinking was the Events tab could be host to some sort of revived Playing With TT's challenge.

The regulars may have noticed I've made a PlayStation Community for COTW. Rest assured, we're not ditching GTPlanet, I just thought I'd try it out and see what a Community page can offer the group. My thinking was the Events tab could be host to some sort of revived Playing With TT's challenge.

I've been meaning to get back to you about that and I think it has the potential to grow our community with creating events and sharing videos on that page.

I've been meaning to get back to you about that and I think it has the potential to grow our community with creating events and sharing videos on that page.
I tried to attach a video to that tread last night and it would not let me. Only screenshots.

And just my luck, I'll be missing it. Been called into work, AGAIN (I get three days off yet they only ever call in favours for Wednesday), delivering a Hyundai i45 to Wellington.

Screenshot_20190730-105743_Maps.jpg

There and back in a day, ya reckon? Guess for someone like @Pete05 it would be a breeze :lol:

Back