Car Performance Deterioration

Yes, my 991 has lost BHP, I've kind of grown fond of it, have had lots of wins with it, so I'm keeping it till we find out if it can have an engine rebuild or oil change or something in the future.
I wouldn't be surprised if there is also chassis damage.

I've applied a livery to my gift car, but I keep forgetting to use it.

When BOP is on, both cars appear to have the same power and weight, so I don't know if the BHP loss is still there in sport races.

Does car performance deteriorate over time like in GT5/6?
I'll add a bit more info.
Technically Yes, but also No. :P

The first I heard of it was someone saying the lost BHP in (I think) an SRT Tomahawk.
It had 15,000kms on it.
I calculated the power drop and it was a small fraction of 1%.

Personally I have 2 Audi TT Gr.4's
One has over 10,000kms and the other 0kms.
According to the stats. sheet, they both have the same BHP but the car I use has lost 0.1kgfm of torque.

So technically yes, they do lose performance, at least engine wise.
But it takes thousands upon thousands of kms and it seems to be a very small drop.

And in that respect I wouldn't put it in the quite the same class as earlier games with their oil and engine deteriorations.

Yes, my 991 has lost BHP, I've kind of grown fond of it, have had lots of wins with it, so I'm keeping it till we find out if it can have an engine rebuild or oil change or something in the future.
I wouldn't be surprised if there is also chassis damage.

I've applied a livery to my gift car, but I keep forgetting to use it.

When BOP is on, both cars appear to have the same power and weight, so I don't know if the BHP loss is still there in sport races.
Are you the guy with the freak Porshe with one less hp ? I wouldn't say that's proof since you have a mutant Porshe defective from the factory lmao .

Did not know this even happens. It isn't like early GTs where you could buy used cars. Not being able to gain 10hp from an oil change makes me think, "no" as an answer.

Back