Car Pricing Question...

• Thread starter Picc84
  • 7 comments
AmuseR1
A buddy of myin was never really into the car scene till I took him to a few meets, now he really wants a honda. Welp another friend of myin is selling a built civic. GSR block, ITR head, crazy suspension/brake setup, many extras. Well He currently owns a 04' Grand Am. And he's wondering what he could get for it. KBB says like, 4k for some reason and I know its worth more. The car has 40,000mi's on it, clean interior, clean exterior, new tires, still has a extended warrenty. What do you think its worth?

Look around on Auto Trader and Craigslist in your area, KBB is pretty awful at determining value in my opinion.

MSN Auto says $5500 - 6700.
Edmunds is in the same range.
Auto Trader in this area has some as high as $9900, but I don't see them selling soon.

If you live near a college, perhaps put up some fliers around campus advertising it for around $6500. Grand Ams seem to be popular with college students, especially girls.

Last edited:
I don't know why KBB is referenced anymore, it's no longer the industry standard, NADA is (this is what banks, dealers, and insurers use). Keep in mind, it's going to be tough to sell a car from an extinct manufacturer.

I use it due to my father used to use it and its what I was taught to use! Guess I need to update!

Pontiac died?!

Its still GM, it won't matter. I bought my '99 Grand Am (GT, coupe) for $5000 with 98k. I'd say maybe $6000 would be a good starting point.

Its still GM, it won't matter.
For the most part, you'll be fine, but Pontiac is history, and that's going to be a glaring factor to the mom buying her teenager a car, even if it's not a factor to people like us, who know they can nab parts off a Chevy to fix it.

Back