Car pulling to one side or the other.

Every time I play GT4 the car I'm driving (no matter what one) has a tendancy to pull to one side of the road or the other almost all the time, much like the sensitivity to one side of the joypad (Dual Shock 2) is a lot higher than the other side. For example, I drove the Laguna Seca backwards and notived the car wanted to pull to the left immediately if I tried to correct the car by pressing the joystick left. It's not the controller because I have another one and it does the same thing.

Is the "pulling" just due to the course's tilt to the left and/or the right? Like if the course is tilted to the left, the car wants to go to the left and vice versa.

It's starting to annoy me and I hope it's not a bug or my controller's fault.

Epinionator89
Every time I play GT4 the car I'm driving (no matter what one) has a tendancy to pull to one side of the road or the other almost all the time, much like the sensitivity to one side of the joypad (Dual Shock 2) is a lot higher than the other side. For example, I drove the Laguna Seca backwards and notived the car wanted to pull to the left immediately if I tried to correct the car by pressing the joystick left. It's not the controller because I have another one and it does the same thing.

Is the "pulling" just due to the course's tilt to the left and/or the right? Like if the course is tilted to the left, the car wants to go to the left and vice versa.

It's starting to annoy me and I hope it's not a bug or my controller's fault.

last few times I have played some of my cars seemed to act like what you described have not really noticed it before, maybe the chasis needs refreshed or maybe its just my imagination, doubt it is a tuning issue. Anyway not that big of a deal yet.

Never had a car do that too me on any track, and i'm using a DS2.
I've even had cars that needed chassis refreshing, and they still didn't do that.
Check your controllers on other games, might be the problem there. :odd:

My cars almost always pull slightly to the left at the start of races (with the DS2), but if I let go of the left stick for a second on a straightaway later in the race, it doesn't happen. Weird, but true.

kennythebomb
I already started a thread on this, but for me it only happens very rarely and only lasts for a corner or two.

Is it quite severe, or really subtle? I thought I had a busted controller when I noticed it once or twice, but I think it was actually the game...

I remember in GT3 when doing "Like the wind" on the test course. When my tyres on one side were really worn, the car would pull to that side. Are you sure this isn't a tyre issue?

Im pretty sure ive got kind of the same issue and once you notice it its a right pain. Mine seems to be that steering using the d-pad appears more sensitive going left or right (im sure it changes). My old PS1 controller doesnt seem to have the same problem so I can only imagine its a problem with the DS2 and GT4 being so reliant on the pressure sensitive buttons.

I found out that I have to re-buy the car, so I guess it's just because the car gets old. My Prius was doing it yesterday and it has only a thousand miles. However, my Bently 8, even after driving 3200 laps without stopping,still drives fine, with no horsepower loss either.

I have the same issue. All my cars, no matter how old, will pull to one side or the other and sometimes it’s only a slight pull and other times it’s horrific. It makes it a real pain to pass any license test or win any of the challenges. I didn’t have the issue until after the last update, 1.08.

I have the same issue. All my cars, no matter how old, will pull to one side or the other and sometimes it’s only a slight pull and other times it’s horrific. It makes it a real pain to pass any license test or win any of the challenges. I didn’t have the issue until after the last update, 1.08.
Are you sure you have the right thread?

This is a Gran Turismo 4 thread and the last post in it, before yours was in 2005. GT4 also wasn't online and so never had any updates, let alone 1.08. I think you might be after the GT 7 forum and threads.

Back