Car setting in lobbies is broken

Slovakia
Slovakia
dawko-san
Hi. I created this thread to inform you all interested that car setting in lobbies is completely broken. It let’s you customize a car but the setting doesn’t seem to apply. This means you can actually bypass restrictions like PP limit. Pick a car with 750PP from you garage, join a lobby, modify it in the lobby to, say, 700PP, game checks, it’s 700PP, but your settings don’t change.

Furthermore, for some reason my top speed is higher when I decrease horsepower. I was doing about 240km/h on a straight with 600hp, de-tuned the car to 300hp and now I’m doing 275km/h on the same straight.

Noted issues with online experience:

Cannot save lobby settings
Cannot change lobby settings once lobby has been launched
Cannot boot players from lobbies
Very hard to launch a race (says player still initializing)
Race payouts extremely low
No miles accumulated for free roam

Sport ended up being miles ahead of this current experience, but I remember Sport had a host of issues and concerns when it first came out too. Here's to hoping these issues are all addressed.

Noted issues with online experience:

Cannot save lobby settings
Cannot change lobby settings once lobby has been launched
Cannot boot players from lobbies
Very hard to launch a race (says player still initializing)
Race payouts extremely low
No miles accumulated for free roam

Sport ended up being miles ahead of this current experience, but I remember Sport had a host of issues and concerns when it first came out too. Here's to hoping these issues are all addressed.
This is one of the most infuriating things; why would you release a game where you can't even change lobby settings after hosting a game?

I noticed you missed something though, there is no voice chat in lobbies.

With BoP enabled, can't use setup sheets and need to change setup values for each new lobby. Can't set maximum speed also, even if tuning is enabled.
Am I missing something anywhere?

Last edited:
With BoP enabled, can't use setup sheets and need to change setup values for each new lobby. Can't set maximum speed also, even if tuning is enabled.
Am I missing something anywhere?

1:Is there a way to determine when a race is going on before entering a lobby race?
2:Why don't the results of a race stay on beyond 5 seconds?
3:Why is it that when the host leaves the room, the whole room closes?
4: Rooms continue to crash either while racing or at the end of the race and only way to get out of the dark terror is to reboot the PS5. Is this correct?

Very frustrating!!!!

I used to run a 305hp daily driver room that would fill any time I opened it. I couldn’t get players last few times I open a room.

Would like to do jeeps on dirt. Could not figure out how to allow nitrous. Seemed like everything set up and selected but when I entered it was not there.

No voice chat is crap.

It's about time that the lobbies get their turn in the next update!
For me, it's the most important point in the whole game, here you can do everything the way you want and together with your friends. It's a pity that there has been almost no focus on improving it so far. I can't understand it either, because it was already much better in GT Sport. Why didn't they adopt this instead of going back 10 steps?

Yes, not only the PP system is broken and totally unreliable... but I'm getting strange errors like changing the gearbox to Full Custom Racing but when I go to the track I'm still running the previous Full Custom Manual... very weird stuff! You never really know what settings are truly set and what "real" PP you and other have.

Yes, not only the PP system is broken and totally unreliable... but I'm getting strange errors like changing the gearbox to Full Custom Racing but when I go to the track I'm still running the previous Full Custom Manual... very weird stuff! You never really know what settings are truly set and what "real" PP you and other have.
that's because you're not actually applying any changes to the car when in the lobby. just min-max the ride height and you'll see there's no change. it's completely broken.

Last edited:
You enabled BOP?
When you enable BOP and enable tuning at the same time... Tuning doesn't actually work. That's the issue. You can tune anything but when you join the track it reverts back to stock settings. That's another nonsense thing Kaz needs to fix.

Back