Car setup advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tokyonino
  • 3 comments
  • 542 views
Messages
14
Messages
Tokyonino
Hi all I wanted to know how do you set up cars so that they turn more easy into corners.
For example I have the lambo gallardo, and it has massive understeer into corners, just puts me straight into the guard rail each time.
Not only the Lambo many other cars as well.

When I see some clips on youtube, cars seems to turn sharp into corners.

Any setup help or advice is much appreciatted.

Thanks again.
Nino
 
Set the VCD so that more power goes to the back, rather than the front
Make the brakes slightly (1 or 2 settings higher) in the back
Negative front toe

Those 3 settings usually work for me, and make sure you have good tires on it.
 
Firstly drive the car....Brake earlier..Im not trying to patronise you this is how it works...:)

However...You could stiffen the back end....Roll bars and springs...This has the effect that as you turn it doesnt shift the weight as much onto the tyres so they dont get as much grip and you get over steer....This is like Voodoo magic though cause if you make the back end too soft all the weight will shift onto the tyres....they will exceed the grip limit and you will oversteer...lol

Try some set ups and make your own car that you like to drive!

I think Scaff wrote an article on this some time ago ill see if i can find it!!
 
Last edited:
Back