Car setup for Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur

• Thread starter tknoff
  • 22 comments
Hi all

I own a Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur that is fully modified and am doing a race on Suzuka Circuit with Super Hard tyres and I can never win the race so I was wondering if someone has a good setup for this car so I can beat the other cars in the series called JAPAN ALL GT CHAMPSIONSHIP or something like that? It's in the PROFESSIONAL EVENTS and it requires the IA license and you're racing against tuned race cars.

Any help will be highly appreciated :) 👍

Most any tuner has a fully tuned Skyline setup in their garage. Check them out. I'll be posting an R33 Tune in my garage later tonight, it might work on the R34. Check out McRae Factory Racing, if you don't mind my self-promotion. :P Seriously, it's probably the most commonly tuned car in the game!

Last edited:
Most any tuner has a fully tuned Skyline setup in their garage. Check them out. I'll be posting an R33 Tune in my garage later tonight, it might work on the R34.

It won't. The R33 and R34 are different kettles of fish.

Go check MFT or RRV, they will have the R34 you want. 👍 As for an R33, I have a Nismo GT-R that's already been done. ;)

Hi all

I own a Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur that is fully modified and am doing a race on Suzuka Circuit with Super Hard tyres and I can never win the race so I was wondering if someone has a good setup for this car so I can beat the other cars in the series called JAPAN ALL GT CHAMPSIONSHIP or something like that? It's in the PROFESSIONAL EVENTS and it requires the IA license and you're racing against tuned race cars.

Any help will be highly appreciated :) 👍

Wow, that first sentence is long. Ever heard of commas? :lol:

Are Super-hard tires necessary? I ran R2 or R3s in the AJGT, depending which track I was at and which car I drove. R1s aren't grippy enough.

What sort of set-up (suspension, limited, slip, etc) are you using? Has your car got wings attached? Any weight reductions?

Parnelli, did you mention a limited slip diff in a sentence that is related to GT-R? Shame on you. You should know better. :P

as you can tell i was never good at english in school or grammar lol

thanks for the reply

now how do i get to these garages you are all talkin about?

I'll do one better....I'll link you directly to the setups. 👍

RRV's R34 GT-R - Codename GT-450R!
This one has 450hp and S3 tyres.

MFT's R34 GT-R - Codename Grim R34per!
This one has 900hp and R3 tyres.

They should help you out one way or the other. The garages are on the front page of this forum section.....check out the big 5 which is MFT, RRV, GME, Shoman & ETZ. RZA gets a good mention too as there are a heap of tunes in there too. 👍

tknoff - Why are you trying to win against JGT-Race cars in a Skyline ? They have so many advantages in weight and aerodynamics, I doubt, that this is possible. If you have enough money, buy the Xanavi Nismo GT-R or the Nissan Motul Pitwork Z or something

tknoff - Why are you trying to win against JGT-Race cars in a Skyline ? They have so many advantages in weight and aerodynamics, I doubt, that this is possible. If you have enough money, buy the Xanavi Nismo GT-R or the Nissan Motul Pitwork Z or something

It's more than possible though. In fact I seem to remember ETZ doing up some massive Merc to eat the JGTC cars.

Even a 510 bhp R32 can take JGTC's down when driven properly (read: bloody fast) and a full tune R34 is five to ten seconds a lap faster still. It's no contest if the driver is any good, the power difference is so huge.

Alright, just did it. Never tried it in a normal car before, because I love these colorful JGTC
It was pretty easy, got the lead right before the first corner, then the horde became a speck in my rear-mirror - and disappeared ...

Parnelli, did you mention a limited slip diff in a sentence that is related to GT-R? Shame on you. You should know better. :P

Luv u 2, pal. :P

Parnelli Bone: I pretty much got everything installed on my ride, minus the WING and STAGE 5 TURBO

Install a wing and use max settings (or near max). Minimize weight. Stop using R1 tires. That should do it for the AJGT.

It's totally possible to bring a car which isn't a JGTC, ya know. I've raced a '99 Viper GTS, a Pagani, and I believe a Nissan 300ZX for these races. None of these were racing cars, just highly-tuned pedestrian rides. 👍

Even a 510 bhp R32 can take JGTC's down when driven properly (read: bloody fast) and a full tune R34 is five to ten seconds a lap faster still. It's no contest if the driver is any good, the power difference is so huge.

I have built one of those. I'm planning to release it in the near future. It totally kicks the Calsonic Skyline's arse.

thanks for all you responses

yous are all great help

reason why i use a normal car rather than A JGTC is because i haven't got enough money saved up and i'm impatient to save money because i just spend it all as soon as i win it lol

thanks for all you responses

yous are all great help

reason why i use a normal car rather than A JGTC is because i haven't got enough money saved up and i'm impatient to save money because i just spend it all as soon as i win it lol

Despite what that other poster said above, you don't need an actual JGTC to win the AJGT.

Another tip: keep the Nissan Pitwork Z and Xavani Skylines off the grid. These three cars jackrabbit, which means they'll get way ahead of everyone else. I personally don't find racing against them very fun, but it's your call.

Hi, tknoff. How's it going in AJGT ? Glad, that we were able, to help you. With a wing and RH tires, shouldn't be too difficult.
Btw: Your prize will be the Nissan Motul Pitwork Z

furai: forgot to post that i finally finished the last race and won it all lol

i believe i used MFT's R34 GT-R - Codename Grim R34per! setup so i had to start from the start but i finished it

now i somehow gotta finish off the beginner class and professional with slower cars :S

Back