Car Setup Online

• Thread starter Aeries27
  • 8 comments
United States
United States
Hello everyone. Long time GT player, but new Sport driver.

Haven't had the game long and have dabbled in some dailies and a couple of Cup races as I work through campaign mode.
Everything I have played sport mode so far does not allow you to setup your car.
For me setting up and tweaking the cars is 50% of the fun utilizing knowledge I gained being around racing growing up.

The only thing I haven't tried is Manufacturer Cup simply because I don't know who I would sign with at this point.
Is Manufacturer the only series where you can actually set up a car or am I missing something?

Thanks for any replies.

Hello everyone. Long time GT player, but new Sport driver.

Haven't had the game long and have dabbled in some dailies and a couple of Cup races as I work through campaign mode.
Everything I have played sport mode so far does not allow you to setup your car.
For me setting up and tweaking the cars is 50% of the fun utilizing knowledge I gained being around racing growing up.

The only thing I haven't tried is Manufacturer Cup simply because I don't know who I would sign with at this point.
Is Manufacturer the only series where you can actually set up a car or am I missing something?

Thanks for any replies.

99.9% of Sport Mode races including both FIA series run stock setups, it makes the racing about the drivers and not the setups, it also makes it easier for people to just jump in and race. There are two running time trials that change bi weekly I think? One allows tuning and one is stock setup, I can only remember one daily race in the past 18 months that allowed tuning. :)

Welcome to GT Planet. :gtpflag:

99.9% of Sport Mode races including both FIA series run stock setups, it makes the racing about the drivers and not the setups, it also makes it easier for people to just jump in and race. There are two running time trials that change bi weekly I think? One allows tuning and one is stock setup, I can only remember one daily race in the past 18 months that allowed tuning. :)

Welcome to GT Planet. :gtpflag:

Thank you for the info. :cheers:

Get what you mean about the driver, but doesn't make a whole lot of sense why PD would spend all the time and money developing tunability then just go and lock it all out. Crazy imho. Sigh, BB and TC, not much for my gearhead brain to fiddle with in SM.

Oh well, SM still a blast, just have to find cars that click better vs tuning to taste.

Thanks again.

Thank you for the info. :cheers:

Get what you mean about the driver, but doesn't make a whole lot of sense why PD would spend all the time and money developing tunability then just go and lock it all out. Crazy imho. Sigh, BB and TC, not much for my gearhead brain to fiddle with in SM.

Oh well, SM still a blast, just have to find cars that click better vs tuning to taste.

Thanks again.

Happy to help, be sure to check out the daily race and FIA thread for more info. :)

There are leagues run by GTP members that allow tuning if that’s your thing. But I agree with you, SM is a lot of fun. The tunability being in the game is probably mostly there to help PD even out the car classes under BoP for online racing. You’re already onto the main idea though, look at each car as a tune in an of itself, different types of cars will behave differently and be best suited to certain tracks. It’s actually kind of nice once you get used to it, because you end up driving all kinds of different cars, instead of just retuning you’re favourite car every week for the new track. :)

Last edited:
Hmm. Why haven't I checked out these TTs with tuning yet?
Is it any good - as far as the setup is concerned?
Or is it just about finding an OP car/setting witin the limits?

Getting into past achievements yesterday,
I noticed that the Race A where I made the top10 had tuning enabled. 10.03.2019
I did not tune, as far as I remember. Conclusion: It seems to not have mattered that much.

Hmm. Why haven't I checked out these TTs with tuning yet?
Is it any good - as far as the setup is concerned?
Or is it just about finding an OP car/setting witin the limits?

Getting into past achievements yesterday,
I noticed that the Race A where I made the top10 had tuning enabled. 10.03.2019
I did not tune, as far as I remember. Conclusion: It seems to not have mattered that much.

They are usually one make TT’s, but they have had open class ones too. I’m no good at the tuning so I just avoid them, I prefer Spec Racing where it’s all about the driver. But that’s just my personal preference. :)

More variables, more problems, given that I can't even converge on a BB setting.
Obviously, guys teaming up will have a huge advantage

More variables, more problems, given that I can't even converge on a BB setting.
Obviously, guys teaming up will have a huge advantage

There’s a thread on the main page for just the TT’s, where guys will share there tunes and lap videos. Most guys around here are pretty good with info sharing. :)

Setups work . It's when you dont know what you doing to what, that makes no difference . You need to see what the car is doing that you dont want it do , and know what to tune to make it stop doing what you dont want it to do.
Tuning the car wont make the car faster....will only make it behave better while you drive it .

I gained 1 second per lap just with one click on the front stabilizer bar. That's how sensitive it is.

I use old school controller directional crosshair buttons x and square. Manual tranny and cockpit view.

Have shared my setup with a wheel user and he claims there was no difference ....though I did see him with better laptimes....I understand clearly a control user teaching a wheel user ...lol. cant be good for his investment.

Last edited:
Back