Car setup Problem

• Thread starter iceman007
  • 6 comments
Im learning more and more about how to set my car up as i play career mode. But the problem is get is when i drive on a corner that is banked such as the first left hand corner in malaysia, couple of corners in the nurburgring, and the corners before and after the tight hairpin in monaco i get a huge amount of oversteer. I been decreasing my camber and trying all kinds of things but i still get the problem so to deal with it i end up just going slow in these corners carefully which is costing me a lot of time. Anyone know a solution for this?
thanks

There are various ways to overcome this problem,

1 - Check the toe, being close to 0 isnt aways the best option,
2- have more rear downforce than front
3- the line into that corner isnt always what the PS3 says
4- if u r in manual gears, use a higher gear

There are more ways such as more rear anti roll bar and.... but thats fr when this stuff doesnt work

Best Regards
Alireza

Also by teasing the throttle through it (i.e. repeatedly tapping X very quickly) it usually gets you through. Isn't the fastest solution but it usually catches the car before it spins.

As Alireza says and in addition
-more rear negative camber than front
-softer rear suspension
This will make sure the rear sticks to the ground. The thing is, if you optimize the car for those turns, how will that impact your ability to drive the rest of the track? It's a compromise judgement call on overall setting, and sometimes, some corners one just have to be careful with. Shaggy's suggestion of tapping throttle is something I find very useful at times. Sepang turn two during testdrivning (which means you can't affect settings) comes to mind. But usually I try to setup the car so that there is no need for such technique. To risky in 100% races :)

I have found changing driving style for these type of corners has helped me. Getting most of the braking done,being back on the throttle (just) even still on the brakes, settles the rear of a mid engine car,as they definately prefer to be on the power.

Back