Car slides when breaking

• Thread starter Calanon
  • 6 comments
Czech Republic
Czech Republic
IMG_1978.jpeg

When I brake on a slight corner with this setup the car starts sliding to the left or right and very hard to get control back. What’s wrong with my setup ?

Keep it simply: install a custom rear wing and set it to 300. No other change needed.
You can try to find the optimal wing value by decreasing it, this will improve speed and reduce fuel consumption, but setting it too low then at some point it will start to slide around again.

Keep it simply: install a custom rear wing and set it to 300. No other change needed.
You can try to find the optimal wing value by decreasing it, this will improve speed and reduce fuel consumption, but setting it too low then at some point it will start to slide around again.
What about the sliding when breaking

I don't really understand LSD so this night be complete nonsense but I think increasing braking sensitivity would be an alternative way to fix the problem? My incredibly limited understanding is that you want braking sensitivity as low as possible without inducing oversteer. If you get a lot of instability under braking then increasing this number will make the car more stable / induce understeer.

I'm trying to get to grips with some of this stuff so would welcome a refutation or confirmation of that from someone who actually knows something. :D

Edit: to be clear though, my first action would be to increase rear downforce as well. This won't always be possible or desirable though so I guess it helps to have some other options.

Last edited:
I don't really understand LSD so this night be complete nonsense but I think increasing braking sensitivity would be an alternative way to fix the problem? My incredibly limited understanding is that you want braking sensitivity as low as possible without inducing oversteer. If you get a lot of instability under braking then increasing this number will make the car more stable / induce understeer.

I'm trying to get to grips with some of this stuff so would welcome a refutation or confirmation of that from someone who actually knows something. :D

Edit: to be clear though, my first action would be to increase rear downforce as well. This won't always be possible or desirable though so I guess it helps to have some other options.
Understanding how the LSD works and how it affects your handling is possibly one of the hardest things to understand.But you need to understand how to set the suspension first. LSD is all about how the power is delivered,so if you don’t have a good suspension setup the LSD isn’t going to help much.Conversely if you have upgraded the engine and have a decent suspension setup and poor LSD settings then you can’t get the extra power down.Every person has different settings to suit their own driving style so you need to find your sweet spot. The reason for using custom suspension settings is to try and make the body of the car stay level so the handling is not affected by the body rolling,diving or rising so there is maximum amount of rubber in contact with the track surface.Try thinking that the car is a seesaw. If the front goes up or down the rear does the opposite.So you use the expansion and compression settings to eliminate or reduce it.This may then cause other problems,so it’s a lot of trial and error to start with.You may need different settings for different tracks as a Le Mans setup will be different to a Nordschliefe setup. I always make an initial setup then make a copy of the sheet so if it all goes wrong you can roll back.Also DONT change multiple things at once as if there is a problem it’s hard to identify the issue. If I might make a suggestion,look at the various tune “garages “ for the same car, then copy them and try them out. I prefer stiffer settings for suspension and high initial torque and acceleration on the LSD and low braking setting on the LSD.One caveat is that I only drive post 1975 cars,very few of them have any aerodynamic packs and a lot have skinny tyres, so you need good tunes for maximum performance,that said some of the best chassis in the game are in the Classic Cars and don’t think they are slow,the Aston
Martin DB 3s will go over 200 mph.Not all Classics cost a fortune either,for some reason a lot of people just don’t want to drive them and are missing a whole new World of racing.Don’t hesitate to ask for help as I am more than happy to assist you.

Back