Car sounds

• Thread starter Gulyo
  • 9 comments
Hungary
Hungary
Car sounds are very important part of game like this. GT improved a lot in this but not enough. Race cars are pretty good but transmission whining is too loud. TOO LOUD. Fix it please OR make it adjustable in audio menu.
Street cars sounds still bad, I dont understand how they dont hear it. Bad and artificial. Please fix them!
Otherwise i love the game, car physics are fantastic, handling is fantastic.

I respectfully disagree, best sounds I have heard in a racing game for me PS4. Of course it's all subjective.

Maybe the whine is a little over the top but I believe sounds in video games should be larger than life to really get that sensation into you.

Real life racing cars really make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck and to replicate that in a video game the sounds/effects need turning up to 11.

I respectfully disagree, best sounds I have heard in a racing game for me PS4. Of course it's all subjective.

Maybe the whine is a little over the top but I believe sounds in video games should be larger than life to really get that sensation into you.

Real life racing cars really make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck and to replicate that in a video game the sounds/effects need turning up to 11.

Arguably I still think PCars1 still sounds better than GT:sport

Also that Brands Hatch on-board the guy was all over the place not to mention the numerous collisions and excessive divebombing, If that's the kind of driving were to expect people are going to get pissed off for obvious reasons.

The biggest complaint from me is that they don't feel unique enough between cars. Lots of cars have almost identical sound.

Love the sound of the Ferraris though!

^ Yep. The whine in real life is almost pleasant sounding, but the one in GT just sounds... dreadful.

Agree 100%. It's also seems to be the exact same sound sample they've been using since GT5. It sounded bad then & still does now (see poll).

Which games have you played on PS4 and what type of system are you playing them through? If you think things should be over the top to make it larger than life, why make the transmission whine over the top, why not the engine sounds? If real life makes the hairs on your neck stand up shouldn't that be the target?

Back