Car specific assists and shifting/gearbox

VolusiaF30

(Banned)
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I was wondering, is there an option to have assists on or off based on what the real life car would have?

E.g. the game gives you no ABS/TCS for a vintage Mini by default. Or do all cars have assists if you choose to use them. I like to keep it authentic so I guess if not, the only way would be to google each car and find out what it should and shouldn't have.

Similarly, does the game recognise cars which come only with flappy paddles and/or a stick shift? For example if I buy the TH8A, will the game know whether I have to use the clutch to shift gears or can you just bypass that by using the paddle shifters?

I hope that makes sense, I didn't word it very well. I tried pushing the clutch pedal down during a race (cant remember what car it was but it was in manual mode) and the clutch didn't do anything, so I assume the game just knows which cars came with a stick shift and which didnt.

Not sure about shifting controls using a wheel as I've not ever done that on GT7.

As for the real world assists, you have to just fudge it yourself by setting the ABS and TC manually. The TC is far too intrusive even on 1 in a lot of cars to make it worth using though. Also there's a few cars with bugged brake bias that you'll not be able to adjust far enough forwards to reliably use without ABS.

I'd love to see realistic ABS/TC and an option to use the real car assists depending on the mode it's in, but it's just something they've totally neglected in GT for years.

Not sure about shifting controls using a wheel as I've not ever done that on GT7.

As for the real world assists, you have to just fudge it yourself by setting the ABS and TC manually. The TC is far too intrusive even on 1 in a lot of cars to make it worth using though. Also there's a few cars with bugged brake bias that you'll not be able to adjust far enough forwards to reliably use without ABS.

I'd love to see realistic ABS/TC and an option to use the real car assists depending on the mode it's in, but it's just something they've totally neglected in GT for years.
Yea for now I use no TCS or TCS 1 depending on vehicle. For example that passing mission in Tokyo with that weighty Toyota RWD car, absolute nightmare to drive without TCS1 enabled, got gold on it after a few times.
For ABS I just keep it on default mostly, but I could try disabling it on cars from 1995 and older, even though it only became standard in 2004. I dont use any other assists other than racing line on tracks I've never been on.
Since the game has sequential boxes, fully manual, auto, semi auto etc I like to think it just knows what car should be used with a stick and disables the stick shifter on cars which never had it. Hopefully someone can confirm. I'm getting a TH8A on friday

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back