Car Start up .wav files?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mxkid714
  • 6 comments
  • 2,351 views
Messages
65
Messages
lobby350
Does anyone know where I can find .wav files to download for the car start up sounds when you "get in" them? Or can anyone record one in game for me? Im looking for the sound of the '69 camaro start up, to use for my window's log on sound :sly:


*apologies if this isnt the right place for this.
 
You could do this yourself by hooking up the audio from your PS3 or TV to the "line in" or mic socket on your soundcard, and recording in real time with something like Audacity or Soundforge. I think there is a recorder built into most soundcards too, though it might be for limited length files, that shouldn't be an issue though :)

Another alternative is to find an equally awesome start up clip on youtube, there is various software that allows you to capture Youtube videos to your HD, and other software that will convert the audio from the resultant flv or mp4 video to .wav or .mp3 audio

Do a little homework, and have fun with some basic sound editing :)
 
Does anyone know where I can find .wav files to download for the car start up sounds when you "get in" them? Or can anyone record one in game for me? Im looking for the sound of the '69 camaro start up, to use for my window's log on sound :sly:


*apologies if this isnt the right place for this.

I don't think there's a way to directly get sounds from the game disc, I know you could with some PS1 games, but those were normal CDs... Back in the day!
 
Well I've seen videos on youtube were people have recorded the lounge music and other BGM onto youtube, so it should be possible somehow for this?

And Tyger, by hooking up the audio to my mic slot on my soundcard, do you mean plugging into my microphone jack on my laptop? Can i do that?
 
Yes, I've done that several times, it works really well with the right programs.
 
Well I've seen videos on youtube were people have recorded the lounge music and other BGM onto youtube, so it should be possible somehow for this?

And Tyger, by hooking up the audio to my mic slot on my soundcard, do you mean plugging into my microphone jack on my laptop? Can i do that?

Yeah you should be able to, easiest way would be if your TV has a headphone socket, then just use a male-male cable available from most electronics stores...the recorder in your soundcard should be fine, just make sure you have the recording source set to microphone :)

Obviously you will need to get the timing right as you are recording "live" but you should be able to find a basic WAV editor pretty easily anyway.
 
Back