Car suggestions

• Thread starter HatlessMan
  • 22 comments
United States
United States
Spinhazard
We all know that the drag community isn't what it used to be; there are much fewer active members.
I figure with such a tight knit group of folks we should be much more eager to share what cars we like the most that aren't necessarily ran too often. I'm tired of ZR1, ACR, and Lamborghini comps. It would be pretty sweet to see some other cars, so this thread is merely a suggestion thread for y'all to go out and get these cars. Let's see some variety in our dried up community

Only rules for this thread are to post how to run the car you posted and what it runs with (or at least what it traps or how it launches if you're unsure) as to give others an idea of what to buy and what to pass on.

Viper GTSR Concept '00
It's expensive but it runs dead even with the Viper Coupe '06; it's powerband is lower, about 700 from redline

Megane R.S. Trophy '11
Fastest FF car, runs with 70-110 kg and is pretty cheap. It dusts the SRT4 by a couple of cars. Redline shift.

FTO Super Touring Car
Also expensive but well worth it. 4WD, runs with Evo RS '03. Slick racecar with a good launch, high rpm powerband

Share your favorites below!

We all know that the drag community isn't what it used to be; there are much fewer active members.
I figure with such a tight knit group of folks we should be much more eager to share what cars we like the most that aren't necessarily ran too often. I'm tired of ZR1, ACR, and Lamborghini comps. It would be pretty sweet to see some other cars, so this thread is merely a suggestion thread for y'all to go out and get these cars. Let's see some variety in our dried up community

Only rules for this thread or to post how to run the car you posted and what it runs with (or at least what it traps or how it launches if you're unsure) as to give others an idea of what to buy and what to pass on.

Viper GTSR Concept '00
It's expensive but it runs dead even with the Viper Coupe '06; it's powerband is lower, about 700 from redline

Megane R.S. Trophy '11
Fastest FF car, runs with 70-110 kg and is pretty cheap. It dusts the SRT4 by a couple of cars. Redline shift.

FTO Super Touring Car
Also expensive but well worth it. 4WD, runs with Evo RS '03. Slick racecar with a good launch, high rpm powerband
I recommend you going with FTO Super Touring Car. It launches faster than MR CARS.

Fiat turbo plus (Plus kicks in, it's over!) 1-2-3 qs
Ford Focus RS- 2-3qs
Beetle RSI - Run in auto
91 Celica (awd one) - 1st gear ride out
BMW 135i- 2nd gear ride out
BMW Concept Series 1- 2nd gear ride out.
Peugeot 205 - run in auto
Any Honda except for that crappy Accord Euro R 00 - Depends on the car
Mazda6 Concept 01- 1-2qs
Mitsubishi Eclipse 06 and 95 - 2-3qs, 1-2qs
Renault Gordini - 1 gear ride out to 40 mph
Honda Odyssey - Secret!
86 Celica - 1st gear ride out
VW R32 03 - Run in Auto

Not sure what these cars run against as I have only run people with the same car.

Last edited:
5 off the top of my head that I like to run but don't see often.

Ford SVT Lightning - no longer the dog it was in gt5. Capable of taking out some muscle cars like the Chevelle. 1-2 QS or straight 2nd gear ride out, same result.

Chrysler 300c - a good match for the 90 ZR1. I like cars that don't don't look sporty or fast.

Audi Nuvolare Quattro - Pricey, but it's runs very close to the quickest Skylines...I can't stand Skylines, sick of them, though I tuned the pace car. I do what I describe as a lazy 1-2 QS. or second will bog slightly too much.

Pontiac Solstice - great launch for a lower power RWD car but runs out of steam at half track. The launch still surprises though, that's part of the fun of this car.

Daihatsu Midget - fun to tune and run 5 wide because they fit on the strip...and they sound awesome though there's nothing awesome about them.

Last edited:
5 off the top of my head that I like to run but don't see often.

Ford SVT Lightning - no longer the dog it was in gt5. Capable of taking out some muscle cars like the Chevelle.

Chrysler 300c - a good match for the 90 ZR1. I like cars that don't don't look sporty or fast.

Audi Nuvlare Quattro - Pricey, but it's runs very close to the quickest Skylines...I can't stand Skylines, sick of them, though I tuned the pace car.

Pontiac Solstice - great launch for a lower power RWD car but runs out of steam at half track. The launch still surprises though, that's part of the fun of this car.

Daihatsu Midget - fun to tune and run 5 wide because they fit on the strip...and they sound awesome though there's nothing awesome about them.
We have had some good runs in that Pontiac Solstice. I also like running the SVT Lightning but like you said most people don't run them.

We have had some good runs in that Pontiac Solstice. I also like running the SVT Lightning but like you said most people don't run them.

Yep, sure did 👍 I think many people just assume the Ligtning runs like it did in gt5

Yeah I definitely didn't read the rules. Oops

Speed 12 runs in the same class as the ZR1 and Viper GTS.

Yellow Bird is about a car slower than the aforementioned.

Not sure what the GT runs with. It beats everything that I've posted.

May i suggest two more cars to add to the list?

The Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M (R32) 89 FR: This car is a pretty fun and solid car if you like the old Skylines traps around 135 mph and you can either do a 1-2 qs or a 2nd rideout and you shift at around 8,200 rpm. It has 491 hp and it weights 1,035 kg so its pretty light. The only flaw about this car is that it has a lot of wheelspin but if you know how to control it then your in good shape. As of testing the only other car that could run with this is the Nissan Silvia K's (S13) 91 Standard.

The Nissan Silvia K's (S13) 91 standard: This car is good to run with if you like the old silvia's. Traps about 134-135 and its a 2-3 qs and you shift at exactly 8,000 rpm. It has 20 less hp than the car above so it has 471 hp but it weights a lot lighter at 979 kg. The huge flaw i have about this is the wheelspin as with the car above this car has a lot of wheelspin so if you can control the wheelspin then your good. As of testing this car could run with the Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M (R32) 89 FR.

Feel free to post and share as you like smasher, as much as you like.

The RX500 is a very tricky car and it has a 500k pricetag, but it's no slouch. It has a decent launch and traps around 145. It's gears are very finicky and it's powerband is very precise, but it's fun. Absolutely Ridiculous track car too, for anyone interested in that.

Here's another car i recommend the Audi TTS Coupe 09: Another car that is 4WD but launchs like crazy. It has 512 hp and weights 1,159kg so it is kind of on the chubby side haha. It traps around 135 mph and you do a 1 rideout and shift at 7,600 rpm. The cars that might run with it is the S15 Silvia and maybe the BMW Z8 01.

937.jpg

WedsSport Celica - 604hp and 1050kgs. Has Aero which affects the top end pull but runs pretty clean against the 350z EU 03. Launch with a 1-2 quickshift and shift as late as possible before banging valves :D

0.jpg

Range Rover Evoque Coupe Dynamic '13 - 556HP and 1313kg. Stage 2 turbo grunt means it can run with early model Evo's and Subaru's.

Will add more when I'm at home.

Edit. Corrected HP figures.

Last edited:
937.jpg

WedsSport Celica - 604hp and 1050kgs. Has Aero which affects the top end pull but runs pretty clean against the 350z EU 03. Launch with a 1-2 quickshift and shift as late as possible before banging valves :D

0.jpg

Range Rover Evoque Coupe Dynamic '13 - 569HP and 1313kg. Stage 2 turbo grunt means it can run with early model Evo's and Subaru's.

Will add more when I'm at home.
I love the Range Rover! Had some great runs with Hat the other day. That car is no joke!!

365gtb.JPG

Ferrari 365 GTB - 708HP and 1053Kg. Old school sports car that shows the Spirit R RX7 what tail lights look like while only using 5 gears to do it. I'm running a 1-2 quick shift but still experimenting with gears. People who have never tuned it do not expect it to go as hard as it does. From memory its around the BOSS302 territory (I will check tonight).

Last edited:
Peugeot 206 RC
Cute as a button, deadly as a knife, this little car can run with all kinds of weight set ups, but the best is a no weight tune. Either way, it edges out the civics

Aston Martin V8 Vantage '99

1000HP at just 600PP
Gets wheelspin off the line but has insane acceleration

a good car i think you should use is the Mitsubishi gto twin turbo its a good one, but by know everyone already nows about that car.

Back