"Car/track match bible" for what groups/cars can be on which courses in ranked modes.

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 0 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
For unranked modes, such as lobbies, each track would have a "suggested" groups/cars tab, where you wouldn't need to adhere to it if you truly didn't want to, but it would help guide players to pick car/track combinations that don't lead to complete chaos. The lists of cars that are ideal for a course may differ depending on if you are doing a race, versus a time trial/time attack/rally. However, for ranked modes, this will be a constant rule, rather than a suggestion, and if you want to view which cars will always be matched with which tracks, you could go into a lobby or arcade mode, and view the suggested cars/groups for a given course layout, and for the mode you pick.

With this in mind, and using the courses in GTS, here were my ideas on the maximum group that is seemingly acceptable for a course, insofar that racing can still be fun but not chaotic, nor a complete wreck-fest. When a course is listed for a higher class, assume that it will also be OK for a lower class, unless I've listed a note saying otherwise.

-Formula-styled cars (e.g. Red Bull cars aside from the Jr., W08, F1500T-A, etc.)
[Circuits that have appeared on the Formula 1 calendar]*
Circuit de la Croix (all)
Maggiore GP
Circuit de la Sarthe
Sardegna A
Dragon Trail - Gardens
Blue Moon Bay Speedway
Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa, Yamagiwa + Miyabi

-Gr.1 + Red Bull Jr.
Circuit de la Croix
Maggiore - West
[Circuits that have hosted various sports prototypes such as Group C, LMPs of any variety, DPi cars, or IMSA GTPs. Examples include Monza, Interlagos, Daytona Infield, and Laguna Seca.]

-Gr.2
[Circuits that have appeared on the Super GT, JGTC, and/or DTM calendar]
Tsukuba**
Sardegna B

-Gr.3
[Circuits that have hosted GT3, GTE, and GT2 cars, but not sports prototypes. For example, the Nurburgring Nordschleife, or Mt. Panorama. F1 in the 1970s wouldn't count for me - there's a reason why they stopped doing that. But I will also repeat that you'd still feel free to put F1 cars on the Nordschleife in a lobby or in Arcade Mode.]
Alsace - Village
Blue Moon Bay - Infield A
Blue Moon Bay - Infield B
Maggiore - East

-Gr.4
Tokyo South
Brands Hatch Indy
Willow Springs - Big Willow
Dragon Trail - Seaside
Suzuka West (if or when it's added)

-N400
Sardegna C
Willow Springs - Streets of Willow

-N300
Tokyo East, Tokyo Central
Northern Isle Raceway
BB Raceway
Maggiore - Center
Red Bull Ring Short Track
Willow Springs - Horse Thief Mile
Suzuka East

-N100
Kyoto Driving Park - Miyabi

* = Some circuits may have been host to other series that can be approximated in GT. For example, the Red Bull Ring has hosted DTM, so that could make it a good Gr.2 locale, while Catalunya has also hosted the European Le Mans Series, making it a potential Gr.1 track, too. Similarly, courses like Interlagos and Monza have also been host to WEC events, which makes them potentially good for Gr.1 and Gr.3 races. However, a circuit such as Monaco has more or less only been host to various formula series. Overall, I would examine each track for reference as to what series also has raced at a given circuit other than F1, and try to match a car/group within GT with that series.

** Time Attack only. In addition, all courses below their highest recommend class would still be eligible for ranked Time Trial/Time Attack events - just not races.

Back