Car tuning for a beginner

• Thread starter Gixxerboy1
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi, ive come back to GT7 after playing WZ for the last year. Is there anywhere i can go to get tunes for car as i have no clue how to tune a car.

Hi, ive come back to GT7 after playing WZ for the last year. Is there anywhere i can go to get tunes for car as i have no clue how to tune a car.
I do tuning for cars up to 1972,so if you have a Classic you want tuned check out The Doc’s Classic Car Tunes Emporium on the tuning sub forum.

And nearly every set up looks like **** with the rear end jacked right up in the air. Why would you ever want to drive your GT7 cars looking like that ?
Because it drives better? 🤷‍♂️ @praiano63 is a fantastic tuner, have you tried any of them yet? Do you know why the rear is up high? Coupled with a wing and in GT physics it works well as a way to get the best of both worlds; oversteer from the high rear ride height, but stability with the rear wing so the rear isn't too crazy. Why would someone want to drive with their car like that? I dunno maybe cause they want to win first and look good second 🤷‍♂️

Jerome

And nearly every set up looks like **** with the rear end jacked right up in the air. Why would you ever want to drive your GT7 cars looking like that ?
Seeing as a mod edited your post I'm guessing some warning points are headed your way for bypassing filter ;)

But yes as I had similar concerns, but in reality rarely watch replays and certainly have no interst in photos or scapes, so as above, get more out the quality drive compared to silly aesthetic look of the car.

Because it drives better? 🤷‍♂️ @praiano63 is a fantastic tuner, have you tried any of them yet? Do you know why the rear is up high? Coupled with a wing and in GT physics it works well as a way to get the best of both worlds; oversteer from the high rear ride height, but stability with the rear wing so the rear isn't too crazy. Why would someone want to drive with their car like that? I dunno maybe cause they want to win first and look good second 🤷‍♂️

Jerome
I never said praiano was a bad tuner. He is very good at tuning. I've used his tunes a lot in previous games. I've tried about 15-20 of his GT7 tunes but all were slower than the setups i already had... except for the 1969 Camaro Z/28 setup on Page 2 with 550PP SS Tyres. That setup drives really nice. The setups don't feel right too me. They feel very front heavy with the low front / high rear. I really dislike the way they look too. Just my own preference & i wasn't intending to be rude about it. My message did sound rude so i apologize for that.

Yes, i know why the rear is up high but they've changed the handling physics since then. There is no longer any need to tune cars this way.
You wouldn't setup a car like that in real life or previous GT games. I race in plenty of lobbies using road & race cars. I've never seen any of the other drivers using cars set up with the rear jacked right up high.

Again i apologize if my comments sound rude. No offence was intended.

Back