Car views, cockpit, bumper, etc...

  • Thread starter Thread starter thesynergy87
  • 6 comments
  • 617 views
Messages
39
Messages
Cynergy
OK, now this is sad I'm asking this, as it's a fairly dumb question, but honestly, I'm not finding examples of these views. I believe I'm using the bumper view, but can't say for sure. It's the view where you can't see your car at all, you are at the very tip of the car. There's another view which I always assumed is cockpit, which is in the car where you can see the interior. Then I'm trying to figure out what the name of the view is when you can see the front part of your car but not the rest, maybe that is called bumper view? I guess if someone could clarify this for me, that would rock.
 
its called "hood view"

Even though the camera is clearly on the roof. Its not a good hood view, i never use it
 
Yes, it's commonly called hood view in racing titles. I agree that it's actually a "roof" view in GT5. I use it simply to get a sense of where the car is. It's difficult for me to draft/pass in some cases with the nose view as there is some invisible barrier ... like the cam is actually inside the car a few inches.
 
So the nose view is the bumper view that the top guys keep talking about in GT Academy. They say they user bumper cam, which is the same as nose cam, where you see no part of the car.
 
So the nose view is the bumper view that the top guys keep talking about in GT Academy. They say they user bumper cam, which is the same as nose cam, where you see no part of the car.
Correct.
 
Yes, it's commonly called hood view in racing titles. I agree that it's actually a "roof" view in GT5. I use it simply to get a sense of where the car is. It's difficult for me to draft/pass in some cases with the nose view as there is some invisible barrier ... like the cam is actually inside the car a few inches.

that invisible barrier is actually invisible front of the car ;)

... something like hood cam without hood or windscreen cam https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=147718&page=6#post4381417
 
Yeah, I figured as much. I've just been using the hood cam to get a feel for the size of the cars. That's the view I normally use in sims unless I have head tracking, then I use the interior.
 
Back