cardboard People in Gtan Turismo 4

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cobra_UK
  • 52 comments
  • 2,927 views
Tacet_Blue
:lol: It's as realistic as a photo of a badly drawn cow.
Is this a screenshot of a picture of a badly drawn cow then ?....... :irked:
 

Attachments

  • Picture(37).jpg
    Picture(37).jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 25
Come on honestly we're gonna buy GT4 but we all hope that it will be the best it can be also. :)

And honestly, I never got funny until I got called annoying on my first reply and then someone told me to go play a ******* fighting game...

But listen I was outside for a smoke with a work collegue and he was constructive like well it'll be alright if they gave an option to turn the spectators off... Or another constructive suggestion like give me a gun and the guy that made the 2D spectators address would have also been welcome. j/k

Gonna recondition the engine and put 50BHP jets NOS in next summer. I need to change the paintjob on my car and put Streetglow Undercar Neon Lights, few other things and then it'll be finnished. Not showing it off till then it's cost me £8000 including the car so far and I can wait a bit longer. My target was under £10K and I think I'll just make it. It's my 6th project and most expensive and time consuming but I think it'll be worth it. You see you may have never have guessed but I'm a perfectionist. lol

Got beaten by a modified Mitsubishi EVO VI with Rally paintjob, but I had 4 people in the car. :grumpy: Since my car has 300+BHP and it weights just under a tonne god only knows what the guy had done to his ride. :scared:

Still a car will never beat a fast bike on a straight. Those things are just nuts!

Now how about those ******* 2D trees ay? ay?
 
Cobra_UK
Come on honestly we're gonna buy GT4 but we all hope that it will be the best it can be also. :)

And honestly, I never got funny until I got called annoying on my first reply and then someone told me to go play a ******* fighting game...

But listen I was outside for a smoke with a work collegue and he was constructive like well it'll be alright if they gave an option to turn the spectators off... Or another constructive suggestion like give me a gun and the guy that made the 2D spectators address would have also been welcome. j/k

Gonna recondition the engine and put 50BHP jets NOS in next summer. I need to change the paintjob on my car and put Streetglow Undercar Neon Lights, few other things and then it'll be finnished. Not showing it off till then it's cost me £8000 including the car so far and I can wait a bit longer. My target was under £10K and I think I'll just make it. It's my 6th project and most expensive and time consuming but I think it'll be worth it. You see you may have never have guessed but I'm a perfectionist. lol

Got beaten by a modified Mitsubishi EVO VI with Rally paintjob, but I had 4 people in the car. :grumpy: Since my car has 300+BHP and it weights just under a tonne god only knows what the guy had done to it. :scared:

Still a car will never beat a fast bike on a straight. Those things are just nuts!
Not below 270 at least ;) The Old Grrl..

Neon - Undercar Neon ?... Ohh well - Each to his own I guess ;) Anyway - Post some pics of the thing, sounds neat 👍

And 300Bhp is about the amount I'm aiming for in my newly inherited Commodore (although it's a bit above the ton mark)
 
Commodore! Wow some of those suckers come with 5l engines. Nice bike man, Kawasaki, in lime green and you blame me for wanting NEON. :)

My next project will have to be a very light chassis and a 2l supecharged engine, no frills, might actually go for a kit car.
 
Cobra_UK
Commodore! Wow some of those suckers come with 5l engines.
Meh - It's a measly 2.5 straight 6 for now - a Fuel Injected Low Compression 3 liter will be found and installed during winter by yours truly.. Hopefully with some form of force feeding as well (Thing is, I'm an IT Idiot, I know jack **** about engines and such (apart from the work I've done on the Kwack) but figure the best approach is learning by doing - one can always ask people in the know later :D )

Nice bike man, Kawasaki, in lime green and you blame me for wanting NEON. :)
Thanks - I'm very fond of her... And Hey - at least it doesn't glow in the dark ;)
 
Still a car will never beat a fast bike on a straight. Those things are just nuts!

true, but i have seen a Skyline R33 beat a R1 1000cc bike on a strip it beat it by .4 of a second @ the quater mile doing nearly 200mph, but this was a super tuned car close on 1000bhp :scared: , but if ya want to see some fast bike watch Ghostrider 1 or 2 now that guy pushes those babys to the max.
 
[returning to topic]
How can it be realistic to have a Ferrari Enzo storming through a city and have no spectators at all?
 
Well I'd run from that ugly ****er, that's for sure ExigeExcel
 
First. Welcome to GTPlanet Cobra_UK :) Please search before creating a new thread.

Cows? Bikes against skylines? Complaining on 2D Spectators? All in the GT4 board :rolleyes:

Look, KY confirmed at E3 04' that 3D spectators will be in the final version of GT4. Even if there were only 2D spectators, you can't remove them from the game. They add alot of realism for a low amount of disk space.

Now I don't know if you realize by looking at all of that media, and as mentioned above, the crowds actually move around. Ex: A spectator jumps onto the center of the track to take a picture (you can even see the flash go off!).

If you would of searched the board a bit you might of been able to find that out. Thus making this thread a complete waste of Jordan bandwidth.

And again, Welcome to GTPlanet.
 
either way, those screenshots are just amazing. 3d people will come in time.

thats not a reason to switch off ps2
 
I don't know about complete waste. We did get to learn some facts about him.
 
Well, going back o the original post. Try watching the road when you play, I am sure the 2D will be much less noticeable. Spectators are a good idea and they just help the overall atmosphere of the game, which will not affect the game play at all. Please keep in mind that the good old PS2 is almost five years old, and most of us don't even have a computer that old. There are obvious reasons that PD is doing what they are doing, possibly due to the limitations of the PS2.
 
Flerbizky
Meh - It's a measly 2.5 straight 6 for now

Okay ommodores out here were released, minimum with a 202 engine which is a 3300 (3.3L), unless i am wrong. So its odd that a commodore over there was released with a 2.5L. My Torana project had a 173 Engine, straight 6, and it is a 2.85L so maybe you have a 161??

Anywho my goal was to spend under $10,000 AUD on my project but since sitting down and working things out, my engine alone is going to cost $8,000-$10,000. Holden 308 mate (5L V8), stroked to 355, around 400bhp, and the car weighs 1050kg, so it will be mighty fine along with a very nice sound.

Oh yeah, 2d trees, geez coudl they get anymore pre-school, lol. Honestly though i was watching the DVD i got with Prologue, and the work that has gone into making the game is enough to make you appreciate the work done.
 
Brocky, Low level Commodores had the 2850 CC six fitted in early Commodores.
New Zealand VL Commodores had a 2 litre 6 cylinder Nissan engine fitted.
We also had 4 cylnder 2 litre Commodores sold in Australia in the early 80's.
 
Before I begin this post, I hope America and Australia play a good game of Men's Basketball at the Olympics this Thursday. America knocked off Greece 77-71, so we'll see how they do against the home country/continent of Eagle, Uncle Harry, Schrodes, GT3Freak_2001 and Blake- Australia.

Having said that, it's time for Houston, TX, USA native John M. to state his points. Let's do this.

You misspelled "Gran Turismo," my friend. Not being mean. Just saying. Okay, so on to crowds. Not to be mean again, but what g**damn difference does it make if the people aren't 3D? That's like saying Mario games are horrible because Mario doesn't draw blood. It's like saying that the NFL is boring because people like John Elway and Joe Namath aren't playing anymore. It's like saying that "Need for Speed: Underground" isn't visually attractive because the cars in the game are "rice rockets." Do you care about little details? Obviously SOMEONE does. I still haven't played Underground, but as I keep saying, you can't let little things determine what makes a game good or bad. You can't expect games to be perfect. Gran Turismo 3 had some psuedo-3D sprites. You want some examples? If you find some corner workers in orange suits at some tracks, they are 2D rather than 3D. Some of the rally spectators on their lonesome are psuedo-3D as well. The trees on the left side after exiting pit road at Super Speedway are also psuedo-3D. So what business does anyone have about cardboard people? More polygons slow down games only if the processor can't handle it all. The game "Virtua Figher 4: Evolution" had that wrestling ring with 3D spectators cheering. These were mostly low-poly 3D models, but designers have to work around games, not the game working around designers. Did "Project Gtoham Racing 2" have cardboard people? Did Sega GT (the XBOX games) have cardboard people? If you ask me, people say this is a dumb topic about GT4, and in ways, I agree. I normally don't attack threads, but you can't expect games to not have shortcomings. Don't rate a game as horrible because of "cardboard" people. Perhaps people who think cardboard people make games bad, MUST BE CARDBOARD PEOPLE! So what's next? "Gran Turismo 4 doesn't have Porsche and Ferrari = worst game of the year?" Damn it to Hell!!!
 
GT4P is basicly a demo, and it was only about a 30% complete version of GT4, the actuall GT4 is now only 75% complete.

my point is that you cant judge GT4 by what GT4P looks like, as all GT fans know, it can only get better :)
 
Uncle Harry
Brocky, Low level Commodores had the 2850 CC six fitted in early Commodores.
New Zealand VL Commodores had a 2 litre 6 cylinder Nissan engine fitted.
We also had 4 cylnder 2 litre Commodores sold in Australia in the early 80's.

Im reading a Holden Heritage book and it has as follows, from all commodore models:

VB: 2.85L 6cyl, 303L 6cyl, 4.2L 8cyl, 5.0L 8cyl
VC: 1.9L 4cyl, 2.85L 6cyl, 303L 6cyl, 4.2L 8cyl, 5.0L 8cyl
VH: 1.9L 4cyl, 2.85L 6cyl, 303L 6cyl, 4.2L 8cyl, 5.0L 8cyl

So you learn something new everyday 👍 👍, i see your a man who knows what he's talkin about, good stuff.
 
I couldn't care less if they stay as they are in GT4P... I'm not focusing on the details on people on the roadside I'm focusing on driving fast.. and whilst I'm driving along those flat people look just fine and add to the experience.

Yeah if they were 3D it may look better but I don't really mind... I'm not going to stop playing the game because of it...
 
The funny thing is... it took you (Cobra UK) watching 10 videos in minute detail to work out that some of the crowd (The far away ones) are in 2D... How you're gonna ever notice this whilst driving and how it will ever affect the game in any way imaginably possible is beyond comprehension...

Remember that the TV you will be looking at is in 2D anyway... so it's all fake 3D that's 2D anyway.

C.
 
fully 3d spectators fall way down the list of importancies as far as im concered. pd have probaby weighed up the visual advantages of everything in the game in comparison to how much power it woud need from the old ps2, i think when gt4 comes out we can say without doubt that it pushes the hardware as far as it will go and if somethings not there it is because its just not possibe without sacrificing something else.

just as GT2 was the game that defined what the Playstation was capable of, GT4 wil be so for the PS2.
 
Ok well although I have spoken with a few friends and fans of GT series in real life and listened to all of your opinions on the thread I must say my views still stand. However I do have to admit that I will be buying GT4 and play it to death as I have done with every GT game. :) I guess I'll just have to hope that in the future GT's I will one day have my wish. NO CARDBOARD PEOPLE! hehehe

To the ones that we're understanding, constructive and friendly on this thread, thank you very much. To the the others and you know who you are **** you very much. :sly:

PS yes I did notice the misspeling on the thread topic and, yes I did feel pretty silly.
 
Back