Carjacking in GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter HumanDestroyah
  • 13 comments
  • 1,388 views

HumanDestroyah

Send it.
Premium
Messages
1,730
United States
Los Angeles
Last night one of the people on my friends list went into a public room. He was told that there were hackers in there and that all of his cars would be gone now. I guess they weren't lying, all his cars were gone (so he says) minus the one that I gave him.

Has anyone out there heard of anything similar? If this is something common I think I'll just stick to private games.
 
ummm....whoa.
 
ummm....whoa.

Um yeah .... agree with this comment =/

If this is for real, this truly defines the word "Hack".

I honestly can't see how that would be possible (PC it is, not so much on PS3), i've never heard of this type of thing on a console game.
 
Last night one of the people on my friends list went into a public room. He was told that there were hackers in there and that all of his cars would be gone now. I guess they weren't lying, all his cars were gone (so he says) minus the one that I gave him.

Has anyone out there heard of anything similar? If this is something common I think I'll just stick to private games.

your avatar creeps the hell out of me...whooaaa :scared: (runs away)
 
Um yeah .... agree with this comment =/

If this is for real, this truly defines the word "Hack".

I honestly can't see how that would be possible (PC it is, not so much on PS3), i've never heard of this type of thing on a console game.

I know right? That totally threw me off. I can't really gauge weather or not to believe him seeing as how it sounds extremely far fetched.
 
It's easy enough to believe that hackers could or would do this. It's just as easy to believe that the guy tells people this to get free cars from sympathizers. *shrug*
 
I suppose anything is possible now the PS3 has been broken into.
Ive heard people saying that "Its ok sony will just release an update". Im Affraid the problem is a bit more severe. The hackers havent just cracked the OS they have discovered the fundemental way that the hardware security works. Now Im not an expert on the subject but from what Ive read this is like been able to bypass a hardware firewall on a PC. Basicly the playstation is now open to anyone with the knowhow. So if there was someone out there that wanted to alter your save game file or see content on your hard drive then it would be possible. :nervous:
 
May be he wants you to send him more cars?
 
It's easy enough to believe that hackers could or would do this. It's just as easy to believe that the guy tells people this to get free cars from sympathizers. *shrug*

That's my initial concern with the story, my bigger concern is what PD might do to the online play if this turns out to be true.
 
Motto of the story is always back up your game save. Tell him to do that in future and that you cant send him anymore cars :P
 
The story would have been much funnier if the black hats painted all his cars pink.
 
Sounds kinda farfetched to me, but it's as good a reason as any to keep your save backed up.
 
Um yeah .... agree with this comment =/

If this is for real, this truly defines the word "Hack".

I honestly can't see how that would be possible (PC it is, not so much on PS3), i've never heard of this type of thing on a console game.

It happens in CoD: Modern Warfare 2 all the time. People/hackers can "de-rank" you online while hosting a public Challenge Lobby.

Never heard of it happening in Gran Turismo 5 though so I don't know what is up with that.
 
Back