Carlos' Aprilia RSV1000R Factory

• Thread starter Carlos
  • 3 comments

Carlos

Premium
Netherlands
Netherlands
Hello!

In May I bought my first bike, an Aprilia RSVR. Made some changes here and there so now I have reason enough to make my own thread :cool:

Bought it stock with 7330 KM on it (4554 miles) and it's from 2007. It is the Factory model that has carbon parts, forged OZ aluminium wheels, fully adjustable Öhlins Racing rear monoshock and at the front also Öhlins suspension with an adjustable Öhlins steering damper.

Some specs:
998cc V-Twin (60.9 cu in)
105.24kW (141.13bhp) @ 10.000 RPM
185 kg (408 lb) dry weight

Engine is completely stock. This will change in the future in the form of a new mapping.

First day home:
17169461028_04de3098ee_c.jpg

17356903441_30a5647de1_c.jpg

First thing I wanted to change was the exhaust. The stock ones don't look bad but...
17820150972_f7bd410010_c.jpg

Exactly :D Much better :bowdown: Also huge difference in weight!
18386667879_0eb51d516b_c.jpg

18568372862_f22608b8ac_c.jpg

Took the DB killers out. Sounds so nice now. Must not twist the throttle too much in my neighborhood though :P

I'm trying to put more carbon parts on. Today I bought carbon upper and lower chain guard, carbon front sprocket cover and most importantly, carbon hanger brackets. Wanted the brackets so bad because I don't ride with a buddyseat (I do have one when needed) so who need passenger foot pegs? Bought the same brackets as the RSVR Nera has. Will throw some photos when I have put them on :D

Aprilia-RSV-1000-R-Nera-Exhaust.jpg

^The 'Nera' (fully carbon version), got those brackets..

Awesome bike man! Be sure to stay safe. I know someone who wanted to take his brandnew bike for a maiden ride during a hot summer evening and went for it without protective clothing and trashed it. Bike was totalled and he spent some days in the hospital, now having a huge scar down his arm.

Looks like you are well equipped, though! 👍

Awesome bike man! Be sure to stay safe. I know someone who wanted to take his brandnew bike for a maiden ride during a hot summer evening and went for it without protective clothing and trashed it. Bike was totalled and he spent some days in the hospital, now having a huge scar down his arm.

Looks like you are well equipped, though! 👍

Hey Bram thank you! I'll make sure to keep the shiny side off the ground :D Hmm that sounds pretty awful, guy got to be happy to still be alive.

Latest Posts

Back