Cars Body Damage

  • Thread starter Thread starter jay*doc
  • 7 comments
  • 853 views

jay*doc

HST :: High Speed Touring Track Days
Premium
Messages
758
United States
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Messages
gtp-jaydoc
Hello,

Please forgive me if this is answered somewhere, I've tried a search for Vehicle Damage, Damage Repair, Body Damage, and could not find an answer.

I'm fairly new to GT5, and last night I noticed in a B-Spec race that the front bumper on the Lamborghini Murcielago SV I was using was out of whack and there were scuffs on the hood. 99% of the time I play using in car view, or on front bumper view, so I have not noticed it before.

My question is, does the car "auto repair" after each race, and if not, what is the way to go about fixing it?

I'm borderline OCD with my cars and gameplay, I like to track and document each as I go, and photo them to track my progress.

On a side note, also something I haven't found an answer to, has the in game online manual posted anywhere for reading out of game?

Thanks in advance!
 
The bad damage in this game auto fixes after the race.
 
Thanks for the info!
 
jay*doc
Thanks for the info!

only the chassis get a bit of a "long terme" damage, but the car also gets some damage on the chassis only by driving corners.
so, after a 150km / 100miles, you have to go to gt auto and repair it.
it is normally not very expensive, only for race cars you bought on th ucd.
 
You should never have to repair the chassis after 150km, the damage would only be bad enough to repair after around 10,000km
 
idea is getting the x2010 or x2011 as early as possible. There are several in the game, so what you do is sacrificing one for B-spec and complete it in half the time without assistance or repairing.
 
only the chassis get a bit of a "long terme" damage, but the car also gets some damage on the chassis only by driving corners.
so, after a 150km / 100miles, you have to go to gt auto and repair it.
it is normally not very expensive, only for race cars you bought on th ucd.
Don't waste his money like that. The chassis repair has minimal effect on time, till you get thousands of miles if you drive clean and don't hit walls, ect,.. Less if you beet the crap out of your car each race.
As far as Oil Change and Engine Rebuild, I know its lower mileage, just keep an eye on your HP and PP, when they begin to drop check the shop to see if you need a Oil Change/Rebuild. The little box in the lower left hand corner will display the HP and PP in yellow if work is needed.
 
Thanks for all the feedback! Anyone know if the manual is available outside of the game?

Thanks!
 
Back