Cars... 'de-tuning' themselves :S

  • Thread starter Thread starter silvia-13
  • 19 comments
  • 1,403 views
Messages
14
Messages
xr3i_power
ok i buy a car, lets say i bought a vx220 and the speed 12. BOTH cars i fully tuned, setup, and visualy modified. i save it, turn the play station off and when i next go on it... COMPLETLY standard again! the only mods that stay are the paint and spoilers.. so gt auto stuff....
WHY ON EARTH IS THIS HAPPENING? ive lost about £800,000 because of this on just these two cars!?
someone help me out, because its really starting to tick me off! >:/
 
They didn't save, next time check you have saved the game and turn AUTOSAVE on.
 
yeah they have saved, auto save is on because u watch it untill it comes up. and i manually save it every time i finish with the game
 
and if they wernt on, id have my money back... which i dont?
 
Kaz hates you. Everyone knows this.
 
ive lost about £800,000 because of this on just these two cars!?
someone help me out, because its really starting to tick me off! >:/

Well there's your first problem, you're using real money. Use the in-game credits rather than your British Pound, it won't cost you anything.

Otherwise, I don't know what's up. I've never had this issue, and I'm sure if it was a common fault it would be well known within the community.
 
I've had this happened to me! Coincidentally with a Speed 12, M5, and an M3 GTR. Only the M3's tuning saved. It was exactly the same as you described.

Maybe mods from the tune shop do not auto-save? I modified the three cars, took them into an online lobby, and poof! Uprades gone! :confused:
 
Never had this happen with any of my cars including my Beloved Speed 12.
 
I've had tyres change themselves, as if by magic! I've done a race, met my mate in the UK in the lounge, found my car was slippery as anything then checked and found it had sports hard tyres instead of the racing soft, which it had moments ago.... it's not even a save issue.

Poppins... agree with you on the Speed 12! Isn't it beautiful??!! And what a noise....
 
I've heard this occasionally happen to people who spent money on the Chromeline cars, but I've never heard of it happening to people who spent money on normal cars. Hmm.
 
Yup happened to one of my cars did a full engine and and drivetrain plus transmission upgrade and went on next day and they werent there.
 
I've had this several times. Don't know how to avoid it... Maybe always enter a race before shutting down?
 
are you sure you click save at the left corner of home screen followed by quit game then by ejecting the game disc and then turning off the console by scrolling all the way to the left and choosing that option make sure you quit game by holding down ps button dont just shut down console by holding down button on it and leaving the disc in there because thats what it sounds like to me unless youre forgetting the complete exact details of the situation
 
I race modded an s15 only to find a standard s15 the next game. This is the only problem I've had but a perplexing one. The money I spent on it was gone though!:grumpy:
 
have had the same problem. Now press save everytime i quit... just to make sure.
 
I thought I'd had this early on, but wasn't sure. I really thought I'd bouught a handful of upgrades for one of the cars I'd won, but it was unmodded next time I loaded up my game. I assumed I was going mad, turns out I might not have been...
 
I just tested this out. It turns out that the game does not auto-save straight after leaving the Tuning Shop. This might've been the cause of it.
 
I came back to my Corvette having 4 different camber settings on each wheel, with the rear wing smashed through the side window. In all seriousness, I was greatful for checking the tune prior race start.
 
I had a similar experience with car tuning. I remember upgrading the turbo on a couple race cars, only to come back to it later with no turbo upgrades. Wish I knew what caused this, as its a waste of credits.

This game really has a lot of glitches that need working out bad!
 
Back