cars do stopies?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LR-MR-Cole
  • 23 comments
  • 1,865 views
Messages
499
Messages
LR-MR-Cole
Does anyone else notice that the rear wheels leave the ground when braking hard into a corner? This seems like a major issue that needs fixing.
 
Do you even watch any races IRL?
 
Last edited:
Does anyone else notice that the rear wheels leave the ground when braking hard into a corner? This seems like a major issue that needs fixing.
I have yet to have it happen to the vehicle I'm driving, but I've seen the AI cars do it twice now....they seem to be only SWB vehicles like the Fiat 500. Its is defiantly a glitch, give it time PD will smooth the game out eventually. GT5 was really bad when it first came out, then became much better via updates....I can't assume gt6 would be any different. Every game seems to be "broken" upon release.
 
Do you even way any races IRL?

You what?

Does anyone else notice that the rear wheels leave the ground when braking hard into a corner? This seems like a major issue that needs fixing.

People have been reporting this bug with AI cars but not player cars, not sure what the issue is but you're not the only one experiencing this.
 
In real life, short wheelbase vehicles with grippy tires and strong brakes will lift the rear axle under braking.

In fact, the fact that you couldn't lift rear tires in cornering or under braking was a major flaw of GT5.

Whether it's a bug or not here depends on the severity of the rear axle lift. But if you can get the rear end of a 1.3 Mini Cooper a few inches up in the air on racing tires in GT6, I'll be extremely happy. :D
 
In real life, short wheelbase vehicles with grippy tires and strong brakes will lift the rear axle under braking.

In fact, the fact that you couldn't lift rear tires in cornering or under braking was a major flaw of GT5.

Whether it's a bug or not here depends on the severity of the rear axle lift. But if you can get the rear end of a 1.3 Mini Cooper a few inches up in the air on racing tires in GT6, I'll be extremely happy. :D
I have you seen this happen? It is not realistic like a few inches...the fiat I saw nearly flipped over like motorbike doing a failed stoppie lol. I do agree with you on the first part though.

Edit: not to mention, the chances of that car stopping in a straight line without the rear touching the ground is almost zero % chance as the rear brakes are primarily for stability...they only provide about 30% of the braking power, at least with abs.
 
Last edited:
I can see what the OP is talking about. When I was racing at Monaco in the Italian hatchback league, there was an Alfa which nearly did a forward flip onto its roof under braking. It was just a standard road car, doing about 100mph on standard road tyres.

Never seen that before in real life, or on the telly.
 
In real life, short wheelbase vehicles with grippy tires and strong brakes will lift the rear axle under braking.

In fact, the fact that you couldn't lift rear tires in cornering or under braking was a major flaw of GT5.

Whether it's a bug or not here depends on the severity of the rear axle lift. But if you can get the rear end of a 1.3 Mini Cooper a few inches up in the air on racing tires in GT6, I'll be extremely happy. :D
Trust me been racing since I was 15 this rear axle lift I'm seeing is not normal hence why I called it a stop piestop pie
 
I think there's too much lift. I saw an AI car with like a foot off the ground when braking!
 
In real life, short wheelbase vehicles with grippy tires and strong brakes will lift the rear axle under braking.

In fact, the fact that you couldn't lift rear tires in cornering or under braking was a major flaw of GT5.

Whether it's a bug or not here depends on the severity of the rear axle lift. But if you can get the rear end of a 1.3 Mini Cooper a few inches up in the air on racing tires in GT6, I'll be extremely happy. :D

I've seen some screenshots and they are literally doing stoppies. It's sad/hilarious.
 
Sounds like fun. Too bad my game purchase is still a few weeks away.
 
I can see what the OP is talking about. When I was racing at Monaco in the Italian hatchback league, there was an Alfa which nearly did a forward flip onto its roof under braking. It was just a standard road car, doing about 100mph on standard road tyres.

Never seen that before in real life, or on the telly.
This. Funny thou
 
and we still can't do wheelstands
 
The breaking prowess of the AI is best observed at Cote d'asur on the hill after the first corner. I have seen (and run into) AI breaking onto their front bumpers.

At least I noted that PD did a better job modelling the underside of the cars this time around.:D
 
Lol... Is it a coincidence that all of the cars doing stoppies are Alfas Romeos?
 
Are you guys sure this is real?

Skip to 2:40 This is not just a few inches LOL..

 
Lol... Is it a coincidence that all of the cars doing stoppies are Alfas Romeos?
More specifically, they're all MiTo's.
 
Lol... Is it a coincidence that all of the cars doing stoppies are Alfas Romeos?
@JacoJa

I have a pic. it is not just alfa Romeo Matterhorn Rotenboden.jpg
 
Better enjoy it before it's fixed - and make some movies; we're not the only ones playing the game. Pd is probably playing it, too. ;)
 
Are you sure that PD is playing it? I mean, the amount of testing/quality control issues I'm seeing in GT6 is such a shame. A multi-million dollar operation like should have a team of testers hammering away at this round the clock. Systematic testing seems to be all but absent in GT6.
 
More specifically, they're all MiTo's.
The car I spotted doing a nose dive was an Alfa 147, and in another thread someone posted a picture of an Alfa GT :lol:.
 
I forget if it was A D1 DVD or best Motoring But I've seen cars going through S-Curves lifting a Wheel off the ground. I never saw that before but it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
 
Back