Cars for winning spider and All Japan races

  • Thread starter Thread starter Biased turkey
  • 12 comments
  • 997 views
Messages
537
Ok, I'm talking about the pro level here.
First, I want to talk about the... Vitz cup. 2 months ago I thought I could never win that cup, but after hard practicing , harder tuning and opting for a 1 pit strategy I did it (even if I lost badly ib SS11-2 , oh man was I driving like **** ).
Antway, that gave me the guts to tackle the spider serie with a Spoon S2000. I lost by around 20 seconds on the Grifith. What's the best car to win that serie ?
Another point is the All Japanese an GT championship:
Is there any way to win it with a Japanese JGTC 500 car ? like the Denso Supra ? ( I like to race a serie with a matching car, I hate to use the Escudo on a race track ;) )
Tia for any reply
 
Well done in the Pitz series, you should use a fast roadster for the spide race, try using a Griffith yourself thats probably the best car. And yes you can win the AJGTC series in a JGTC GT500 car. If you want more in depth help you'll have to wait until a more awake member turns up.
 
Try someting like the cascolinc (SP?) sykyline for the JGTC races it may be hard but It should get you to win the series.
 
Wouldn't the 3400S/Boxter S be the best for the roadster races?

I never really had any trouble with the Vitz series, I beat it all first try...
 
Would it be cheating if I use a Toyota GTone road version ? ( that's the fastest car I own ? ) .
I know, this forum is not exactly oriented about honesty ;) but about wining.
I love GT serie, and I purchased the PS2 just gor GT3 but I have only 3 criticism:
[rant on]
1) One can enter most of the series with any brand and-or any HP car
The all Japan GT should allow only JGTS cars to compete, or there should be a HP lmit
2) No view from the hood ( from the bonet as the Brits would say ;) )
I'm not even asking for a full inside view wit h a different dashboard for each car
3) Unrealistic tire wear, hey even the REAL F1 can run more than 20 laps with a supersoft set of tires.

4) The PS2 FSAA is not up to par because there is no VGA output. I don't connect my PS2 to the telly, but uses an ATI TV Wonder adapter and TVtime software with Linux.
The best picture I have with GT2 is ... on a Dreamcast connected directly to a computer monitor using the ( now defunct ) Bleemcast software.
[rant off]

Shall I preorder GT4 ? you bet I'll do it.

Thanks for the suggestions about a winning car, let's hit the track
 
For the Spyder & Roadster series, I used a moderately-tuned Mugen S2000. Full suspension and transmission, T3 tires, and about 380 hp. Very nice car, a good race series with some competition.

For the Pro All-Japan, I used a stock Oreca Viper on T2 tires. I couldn't win every race in it after the oil went bad, but it easily took the series on points.

A belated welcome to you, Biased Turkey.
 
Biased turkey
Would it be cheating if I use a Toyota GTone road version ? ( that's the fastest car I own ? ) .
I know, this forum is not exactly oriented about honesty ;) but about wining.
I love GT serie, and I purchased the PS2 just gor GT3 but I have only 3 criticism:
[rant on]
1) One can enter most of the series with any brand and-or any HP car
The all Japan GT should allow only JGTS cars to compete, or there should be a HP lmit
2) No view from the hood ( from the bonet as the Brits would say ;) )
I'm not even asking for a full inside view wit h a different dashboard for each car
3) Unrealistic tire wear, hey even the REAL F1 can run more than 20 laps with a supersoft set of tires.

4) The PS2 FSAA is not up to par because there is no VGA output. I don't connect my PS2 to the telly, but uses an ATI TV Wonder adapter and TVtime software with Linux.
The best picture I have with GT2 is ... on a Dreamcast connected directly to a computer monitor using the ( now defunct ) Bleemcast software.
[rant off]

Shall I preorder GT4 ? you bet I'll do it.

Thanks for the suggestions about a winning car, let's hit the track
That's four :sly: :indiff:
 
To address point #3, if the tire life was realistic, all the races would have to be at least 40 laps long, and go up from there. They've compressed the life span to match the race length, and considerinf how much people whine about long races now, that's a good thing.
 
In Pro. of Amateur,just use the car you want to,the JGTC is not that hard(in amateur).
 
neon_duke
For the Spyder & Roadster series, I used a moderately-tuned Mugen S2000. Full suspension and transmission, T3 tires, and about 380 hp. Very nice car, a good race series with some competition.
A belated welcome to you, Biased Turkey.

Yesterday night I tried again with the Spoon S2000 as you suggested: downgraded the NA engine tuneup from level2 to level1 and used T3 tires instead of T2. My time improved by 10 seconds.
The Spoon handle better this way ( another proof that bigger is not always better )
But I'm still short of 10 seconds behind the damn Griffith.
And yes, you're right, the spider serie is a good race serie.
Do you know if every time I enter that serie the Griffith will always be present or if its presence is random ?

It's always good to be welcome on a forum. I like gtplanet forums because people are nice, helpful and don't try systematically to jump at each other throat

Thanks again for the tip
 
You can use the shelby cobra for kicks in the roadster race although the fastest lap times belong to the Ruff. a well tuned s2000 should win it for you. as for the other race the Denso Sard supra is a great ride with nice handling and power.
 
Great, in the GT3 Write-up section on this forum there is a nice and well detailed thread "Spiders and roasters" describing exactly my situation: an S2000 at GrandValley.
It looks like it's gonna be a tough one. But at least I have a ( slim ) chance to beat that Grifith.

Nice work Miata13B
 
Back