cars in the game?? Does someone know?

• Thread starter MadMax97
  • 8 comments
Italy
Italy
Somewhere I read that PAL version of GT2 has 621 cars and US version 623, in some other sources I read that PAL has 618 and US version 621.... In some other I read 536 in PAL and 544 in US version.... I know the japanese version has the least number of cars compared to other two mentioned versions...

For PAL and US releases which are the true numbers cars? 621 or 618 or 623? I know that in PAL disc it's a total of 628 cars along with hidden inacessible cars, how much the US disc has in total counting these inacessible vehicles in the disc? 632 for US disc total considering normally are 4 more than in PAL version even not counting hidden cars? Or 630?

Last edited:
This might not be 100% accurate, but from a quick skim through the data I have on what is and isn't available in the PAL game, of the 628 cars with physics data in GT Mode, the following aren't normally available to the player:
9 Acura cars (replacement for 9 Hondas in the US version)
6 Vauxhall / Opel cars (that are swapped out depending on the language setting)
6 Exxon-liveried cars (replacement for 6 Esso-liveried cars in the US version)
3 unused / deleted cars (CLK Race Car, Polo 16V, Evo 5 Rally Car alternate livery)
3 300ZX models (replacement for 4 Fairlady Z models in the US version)
2 outdated Shelby models (replaced by fixed versions)
2 S14 Silvia models (replaced by 2 UK market 200SXs with slightly different looks)
1 Primera 2.0 Te-V (replaced by a duplicate with no rear wing)
1 Altezza AS200 (replaced by UK market Lexus IS200 with manual instead of automatic transmission)

That comes to 33 inaccessible cars out of 628 total, so 595 player-ownable cars.

However, the license mode also has an S15 Silvia and an NB Roadster RS with a D-Rights driving school logo on the doors, and the Arcade mode has 15 pre-tuned versions of normal cars, badged as 'Rally Car', of which 14 are separate cars to the car they're based on. None of these 16 total cars can be owned by the player, and none exist in GT Mode, so if you want to count any car usable at all by the player instead of what they can own, the number goes up to 611 in total.

Regarding the US version, because it only has 3 300ZX models to replace the 4 Fairlady Zs in the Used Car list, it thus has 594 or 610 cars depending on the criteria. However, there's a bug in the prize list that awards the Esso versions of the two Toyota GT-Ones to the player instead of the Exxon version, therefore as the Exxon version of both GT-One models can be driven in license mode, the total number of cars usable by the player goes up to 612 instead.

The Japanese version has a bug whereby the final page of Nissan's Special dealership list cannot be accessed, meaning that the Nismo GT-R LM Road Car cannot be purchased. Other than that, the car list has the 4 Fairlady Zs instead of 3 300ZXs, leaving the total at 594 or 610 cars depending on the criteria.

I see thanks for explanation :) Well with the cars you added in the mod the car accessible to the player (counting rally cars from arcade, including all vauxhall opel and acura honda all available region free), plus all new cars added by the mod itself now from your count we reach like 645 cars available to player in PAL/US versions of GT2 plus without counting what is still hidden and non-usable (in PAL disc).... well putting the cars exclusive to PAL version putting them together with cars esclusive to US version together and both of only US and both of only PAL cars put together in a free region version of the mod where both version will have same content and amount of cars when all cars from all regions will be together available, and with the future few cars you will add (depending how much bodies slots are remaining before crashing) we can reach more than 650 cars available to the player, when you're mod will be completely finished, including few more cars you will add in next versions I mean. Right? Did I analyzed it well? Or I'm wrong?

Just one small curiosity, with the bodies slots remaining to you before game crashing, I mean slots still available ipotetically approximately how much could you add still to the mod in terms of cars, colours or RM with the body limits you have before crashing?Are racing modification count to number of bodies? For example if you have 10 free bodies/slots or whatewer, you can put 2-3 new racing mod for 2-3 cars with two colors for both and other 2 proper new cars, for example? Does the body slots work in that way, or how it works? I'm not wrong? Just to know, not pushing just asking.

P.S= If it will be another 2-3 cars or special colour cars or something we will have a round 650 number of cars available (with the two 240SX from PAL ported to US in car used list), of course if the slots will permit these 2-3 cars and several colours or RM, obviously. But if you have 5-10 bodies left it could be just as possible, because as you said in the gt2 plus thread in last comments that you have still a pair of cars to restore as I remember, right? Approximately how much bodies you still have at max before the game crashes?

with 5 or 7 slots for example the max you can do are 1 new car and 2 racing modified special colours? If I understood well how bodies works?

For curiosity how much free slots are left currently for the mod?

Last edited:
from your count we reach like 645 cars available to player in PAL/US versions of GT2 plus without counting what is still hidden and non-usable (in PAL disc)
we can reach more than 650 cars available to the player, when you're mod will be completely finished, including few more cars you will add in next versions I mean. Right? Did I analyzed it well? Or I'm wrong?

Regarding the GT2+ mod, currently it adds access to the 9 Vauxhall cars, 6 Acura cars, 3 deleted cars, 2 license cars, and the 14 Arcade rally cars. The duplicate Primera is also modified into a separate car and made available, plus 6 new cars, and 12 special colour variants, which I think comes to 648 ownable cars available so far in PAL, versus the original game's 595. The Japanese version of the mod has an identical amount of content as the Nismo GT-R LM menu bug is fixed, as does the US version bar the Fairlady Z / 300ZX difference.

The Exxon cars and the broken Shelby models are removed, but I'll probably make the 300ZXs, S14s and AS200 available across all regions at some point, which is another 7-8 unavailable cars alone. If there were some major breakthroughs in the understanding of the game's model file formats, there are potentially as many as a dozen more cars that could be recreated or restored, however at that point the body limit becomes a problem. I am explicitly never committing to being able to achieve any particular number of cars though, because a lot of things are simply impossible right now.

Just one small curiosity, with the bodies slots remaining to you before game crashing, I mean slots still available ipotetically approximately how much could you add still to the mod in terms of cars, colours or RM with the body limits you have before crashing?Are racing modification count to number of bodies?

Yes, racing modifications count as separate bodies, so cars with a single RM take up 2 slots. I don't know exactly how much free space there is in the current GT2+ build as I don't keep track of that, but all of the unused bodies have already been removed to make space. If it somehow became possible to restore absolutely every unfinished car, I've planned out in advance how to fit that within the limit, but only barely.

Thanks, very good answer. Very well, does the cars in the disc as 300ZX, S14'S and AS200 when added across all regions will count as new bodies to the total amount? Or they not count as new bodies considering they are cars already existing in the game disk and already counted by the game?

You removed Exxon versions of cars leaving the Esso versions of same cars in the game of the same models for both PAL and US? You removed only Exxon duplicates of these Esson already existing cars so that we still have these cars in both PAL and US with Esso banner without Exxon duplicates, If I understood?

Very good job then, so with these 6 Exxon bodies freed plus the two buggy shelby's removed counting with the slots you had before that say that you have about 10 slots (could be slot more or less, but roughly just as a estimate)

With like 8-10 bodies you can (if the 300ZX, S14's and AS200 are not counting as new bodies, in that case scenario) then you can add following stuff with that space:

-Recreate from scratch some cars from GT1, you can't import these directly so then you have to make them from scratch, as you did with Chaser LM in 5.0, you have the possibility to add: Silvia LM Edition like GT1 green colour, old GT1 Concept Car LM Edition with yellow and purple colours (as it was in GT1) and recreate the Viper GTS '96 original (I know you added blue colour and white stripes for 99 gts viper, but would be IMHO cool to see even the old 1996 original Viper coming back in GT2+ as in the original game, as the car should also have being part of the cut content during development)

IMHO prioritize Silvia LM and Viper as new cars, if space allow even Concept Car LM from GT1 body stile with yellow and purple colour...

So in my hypotesis viper 1996 remade plus 2 RM colours from GT1 are 3 bodies, Silvia LM being a race car would be 1 body or 2 if you add 2 colours so we are at 4-5 bodies used, and with remaining 3-5 bodies or whatewer you can use 1-2 bodies for GT1 original Concept car LM Yellow and Purple colours.... then only 1 to 3 bodies should be left

If after all of that you left with 2-3 bodies with these bodies I would advice too restore as another priority restore beta RM's cut before release of the game, RM of following cars in GT2: RM of RX-7 GTC '99 (the blue color rx7 one you win in FR Challenge), hidden RM of Vectra GSi 2.5v and finally RM of Ford Kà.

All of that counted is 8-10 bodies.... if the 300ZX, AS200 and S14 silvia's aren't counted in that number of bodies then so with such amount of bodies you spared could you in that case do what I specutaled with such slots? Just asking

In case the 6 Exxon versions of the cars you removed had 12 bodies counting their RM, and 2 shelby 2 bodies more then so it would be even much easier with 14-15 bodies of space left to do all of that stuff I wrote up in the post, right?

Last edited:
Very well, does the cars in the disc as 300ZX, S14'S and AS200 when added across all regions will count as new bodies to the total amount? Or they not count as new bodies considering they are cars already existing in the game disk and already counted by the game?
You removed only Exxon duplicates of these Esson already existing cars so that we still have these cars in both PAL and US with Esso banner without Exxon duplicates, If I understood?
-Recreate from scratch some cars from GT1, you can't import these directly so then you have to make them from scratch, as you did with Chaser LM in 5.0
If after all of that you left with 2-3 bodies with these bodies I would advice too restore as another priority restore beta RM's cut before release of the game, RM of following cars in GT2: RM of RX-7 GTC '99 (the blue color rx7 one you win in FR Challenge), hidden RM of Vectra GSi 2.5v and finally RM of Ford Kà.
In case the 6 Exxon versions of the cars you removed had 12 bodies counting their RM, and 2 shelby 2 bodies more then so it would be even much easier with 14-15 bodies of space left to do all of that stuff I wrote up in the post, right?

Yes, the body count is about the number of files on the disc, so all of the existing content already counts toward it. Yes, the mod removes only the Exxon-liveried bodies and uses the Esso version instead in all regions.

Recreating cars from scratch is not possible yet, as the model format is not known well enough to create new models or make major edits to existing models. The Chaser LM and NSX-R GT2 conveniently had modified versions of their bodies used for RMs in GT2, so it was a case of reversing those modifications to make them more like they were in GT1, so that the original textures could be made to fit. The other GT1-only cars don't have that luxury, so a major breakthrough in understanding the format would be needed first.

I don't know anything about a hidden Vectra or Ka RM (other than the unused duplicate Ka body), but I have already restored several cut RMs and will be doing some more alongside restoring whole cars.

In terms of space in the body list, don't forget that the special colour cars alone count for something like 16 new bodies so far, which immediately uses up all of the space freed by deleting the 9 Exxon bodies and 3 Shelby bodies, and more.

Great pezz!! but you mean by 15-16 bodies used by the special colours you include even the special colours you have yet to put in the mod or the special colours you already added in previous versions?or these 15-16 bodies are still to add you mean? Sorry, didn't understand the last part very well.

About the unused RM's of the blue Mazdaspeed RX7 GTC '99, Kà, Primera (named as c-class touring) and Vectra are unused content which are already in the disc but were scrapped before release, while the files still remained alive.... To give you a more clear picture of what I mean:

https://tcrf.net/Gran_Turismo_2/Unused_Cars

And there you can see the unused RM's of the cars I listed, as some unused cars like the Elise

in this link site you can see all the unused content which I mentioned above, personally I wouldn't restore the Kà RM because it too similar to the RM already present in the game, but the RM of Vectra (it was in the demo of GT2 and cut at last moment), the RM of RX7 GTC '99 (even thought similar to LM RX7, i think it's still very cool RM, we would be very grateful if you manage to restore it) and the RM of the Primera (as you can see it's called as C-Class touring but it's basically a racing modification scrapped for the Primera) so these 3 RM's ( Kà is not urgent because too similar to what we already have), but the other 3 are very important IMHO and they really give a big flavour to the game, and in addition to what you want to add would be amazing, in good case scenario assuming if you manage to keep up with body slots and have left space at the end could you restore those 3 RM of Vectra, RX7 and Primera I mentioned above that you can see in cutting room floor? Please? just need 3 bodies for each :) If you do it you are my hero xD There are 2 RM'S of Roadster too, would be great to see even them in future versions (of course if you manage and when will be possible, obviously :)

About the 16 special colours you mean the 12 special colours which you already added in the mod as we can see right away in logs, plus in addition another 4 special colours you plan to add in future versions, you mean? Or that the 12 special colours you added already occupy the slots freed by the removed shelby's and Exxon?? I'm confused

By the Vectra RM from the GT2 demo which was cut I mean these:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...est/scale-to-width-down/185?cb=20151119142158

I dunno if it's already in the game, because in this video of Seban (you probably know him, we are friends) you can see it right at minutes 4:18-4:20 you can see the RM Vectrra I mean and also RX7, Roadster, Primera and Kà RM'S I mentioned:

you can see there all hidden and unused content in the GT2 PAL disc, so then you have an idea of what to restore and add basing on these! :) I hope I helped :)

Last edited:
Great pezz!! but you mean by 15-16 bodies used by the special colours you include even the special colours you have yet to put in the mod or the special colours you already added in previous versions?
About the unused RM's of the blue Mazdaspeed RX7 GTC '99, Kà, Primera (named as c-class touring) and Vectra are unused content which are already in the disc but were scrapped before release, while the files still remained alive.... To give you a more clear picture of what I mean:

https://tcrf.net/Gran_Turismo_2/Unused_Cars
By the Vectra RM from the GT2 demo which was cut I mean these:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...est/scale-to-width-down/185?cb=20151119142158

The Special Colour cars added so far are already using around 16 bodies, as some of them have unique RMs too. I've already used up all of the space that was gained from deleting the Exxon / Shelby stuff, those were deleted in alpha 4.1 of the mod.

I've already restored everything of any use from that TCRF list - the GT40, Elise, E55, Familia, Ka, Primera and so on are just unfinished duplicates of what's already in the game. Some were used as placeholders during development for other cars that were never made, some are accidental duplicates, and all of them are only included on the disc unintentionally. The RX-7 GT-C RM is a duplicate of the LM Edition, so it's a low priority to restore.

The Vectra RM is already in the game, it was never cut.

Don't worry, before even starting the mod I went through all of the demos and retail discs thoroughly to see what actually is there to be restored, and I already have a list of what to look at. Even cars like the New Beetle 1.9 TDI have been considered, although that specific car was cut because the physics engine can't handle low-revving diesel engines and so it can't be restored.

Ok I see, well for what you planning to restore it's all very interesting, with what you will restore if in the very future versions of the mod in addition you manage to restore RX-7 GTC 99 (if space will allow it and if you will still have space after the most important things) along with adding in the future Silvia LM and Viper GTS '96 original from GT1 with the original RM'S as the old body of the old concept car LM from GT1 but of course in the far future when will be possible make cars with the format of GT1, as you said, so in the far future. With already everything else you are planning then the mod will be completely PERFECT, of course with the fixes remaining to do and such stuff and the arcade mode fix/improvements on which you said you're working. 2 versions beta more and with that stuff we will have Perfect GT2 as it should be

RX-7 GTC RM is not a priority of course, but if you have that slot remaining please restore it :) If will happen it would be amazing, it's my favourite car ever and even we have similar RX7 LM, that RM's with the 8 number with that amazing RX-7 99' make the GT2+ even more worth, my suggestion :) But of course, only if you will have 1 slot remaining after you did everything else, as it's obvious :)

Good luck with the work! :)

Mad Max

Last edited:
Back