Cars losing power during race?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Xenn
  • 7 comments
  • 1,329 views

Xenn

NSX
Premium
Messages
2,226
United Kingdom
The U of K
Messages
GTPXenn
I've noticed this a few times while racing online, basically once i've crashed a few times by accident, i've noticed the car has started to slow down quite a bit. Mechanical damage is not on either.

Is this normal? I haven't seen this occur in offline play.
 
Cars go slower if the doors are open or body work is hanging off, I noticed this offline when trying to get the trophy, this is probably what happened.
 
I've still never had a door come open. I don't believe they do.

I have noticed a car slowing after I have hit a wall hard. It does say that aerodynamics change even though you have mechanical damage off.
 
Isn't tire wear turned on for online races? A couple crashes could wear the tires enough to slow you down.
 
I've still never had a door come open. I don't believe they do.

I have noticed a car slowing after I have hit a wall hard. It does say that aerodynamics change even though you have mechanical damage off.

If you want to see it use a Citreon WRC car, damage seems to be better on certain cars than others and the door came off on mine so it will on yours too.
 
I've had it happen to me if I assign more than one button to accelerator input.

Before I got used to changing the L2 and R2 to Brake and Accelerator I would sometimes fall back to using X and [] for driving.

I was doing a time trial and I noticed the car losing power intermittently. It turned out my index finger was brushing the R2 just enough to slightly depress it. It seems that in GT5 the trigger buttons input has higher priority over the pad buttons.
 
In seasonal event bonus race, when i use Citroen C4 WRC, after a crash, car's left door got opened, then the car start slowing down, but then i crash again the door fell off:scared: and it speeds up again, oh and i got a trophy for that :D. I think it's "watch out for falling objects" trophy.
 
In the endurance races you can notice the oil going bad. At the end of the Indy 500 (after nearly 750km) the topspeed of my 908 HDI was almost 10kmh lower than at the beginning.
 
Back