• 15 comments

RikkiGT-R

GT: IamValhalla
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Rikki_GTR
IamValhalla
The figures I'm about to give are not exact because I don't have the game open but I'm only a few mph out here and there if anything (but the point remains)...

Sauber C9 Mercedes, listed top speed 254mph(?). I have never got past 200mph no matter what I try, regardless of track.

Nissan R89C Race Car, listed top speed also around 250mph, can never get much beyond 200mph no matter what.

McLaren F1, listed top speed 231mph(?), but don't think I've ever seen it clock 200mph (again, no matter what settings/track).

Most class C racers max out around 195mph, and really struggle to get there as well. I've tried fiddling with the final drive, aero, individual gear ratios... different tracks, Le Mans (not braking for the chicanes on Mulsanne etc just to see how fast I can go)... it just feels like all the cars are underpowered or something. Unless I've been lied to by games like Forza and Gran Turismo and these cars could NEVER get beyond 200mph anyway without going to VW's super long test track, or unless there's something I'm missing here?

It's the same for virtually every car in the game. Always well below the listed top speed and only creeping up there by the end of the longest straights regardless of settings used.

The figures I'm about to give are not exact because I don't have the game open but I'm only a few mph out here and there if anything (but the point remains)...

Sauber C9 Mercedes, listed top speed 254mph(?). I have never got past 200mph no matter what I try, regardless of track.

Nissan R89C Race Car, listed top speed also around 250mph, can never get much beyond 200mph no matter what.

McLaren F1, listed top speed 231mph(?), but don't think I've ever seen it clock 200mph (again, no matter what settings/track).

Most class C racers max out around 195mph, and really struggle to get there as well. I've tried fiddling with the final drive, aero, individual gear ratios... different tracks, Le Mans (not braking for the chicanes on Mulsanne etc just to see how fast I can go)... it just feels like all the cars are underpowered or something. Unless I've been lied to by games like Forza and Gran Turismo and these cars could NEVER get beyond 200mph anyway without going to VW's super long test track, or unless there's something I'm missing here?

It's the same for virtually every car in the game. Always well below the listed top speed and only creeping up there by the end of the longest straights regardless of settings used.
Were you using the LM variants of the Group C cars when testing? If so that is odd indeed. I haven't tested top speeds myself.

Were you using the LM variants of the Group C cars when testing? If so that is odd indeed. I haven't tested top speeds myself.

Yeah and usually on Le Mans since that track's main focus is top speed.

The speeds may be the top speed of the cars, but they may not necessarily be geared for that by default and excessive aerodynamic drag could will reduce that too.

I have changed the gearing but the result (on the 250mph+ Sauber) is either:

1. Reach the limiter at 178mph, top gear.
2. Barely reach 200mph before the chicane(s) on Mulsanne or Indianapolis corner.
The car just does not look like it could ever reach it's advertised top speed.

Also worth checking the boost - cars with turbos are not always set to run maximum boost :)

Can I change the boost? This is something I haven't looked at so I'll go check.

Also check wind speed and direction. A head wind will greatly reduce those speeds too.

Summer season, clear skies, 5mph wind.

Also check which circuit your running on. We fully model air pressure based power loss with altitude.

Le Mans mostly.
I'll do some more testing.

Also worth checking the boost - cars with turbos are not always set to run maximum boost :)

OK this was the problem. boost on the Sauber was set to 50%, so I increased to 100% and cracked 220mph on Mulsanne. Still plenty of room to fiddle with settings and squeeze more speed out.
Can't believe I've never seen the boost option before, it's right in front of my face :/

Where is the Turbo Boost setting? I'm not seeing a button mapping option or anything in ICM.

In the tuning menu, over where it says ECU/Gearing (something like that). You'll have a few options at the top to change boost, radiator, engine brake etc. As long as the car has a turbo (for the boost) of course...

Gonna use this today on my clio, if possible. Thx

Btw, we need some kind of podium animation. The car just jumps to the pits...

Think he means whilst out on track like AC does.
That isn't possible (at the moment), as you'll already have discovered. I know it was brought up during development but I honestly have no idea if SMS will patch it in later. At the moment you can only change it in the car setup - ie, high boost and low fuel for a quali run and std. boost (+ or - a little bit) for your race setup.

That isn't possible (at the moment), as you'll already have discovered. I know it was brought up during development but I honestly have no idea if SMS will patch it in later. At the moment you can only change it in the car setup - ie, high boost and low fuel for a quali run and std. boost (+ or - a little bit) for your race setup.
Hey I wasn't the one asking haha. Doesn't bother me, I just do it in the garage :)

Thanks for clearing up the Turbo Boost question guys. I assumed it would be like Assetto Corsa where you can adjust on the move.

There are a few settings I had hoped would be mappable/on the ICM. Turbo Boost and FUel mix primarily. I know Fuel Mix is on the ICM, but had hoped it would also be mappable to buttons.

Hopefully at some point this moght get included in a patch. Always hope.......

Back