Cars section are 13+?

• Thread starter JaeDan 101
  • 5 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
Los Santos, San Andreas
complex_remark8
So I got an 11 year old friend here on GTP which is BANNED because he is participating in the cars section. Can any of you explain why this section is 13+?
My banned friend is @Brown TE37s

And please note that I am not here to debate with mods and admins, I am new here and I don't want an argument :)

You must be at least 13 years of age to "legally" be on GTPlanet.

The GTA section is 13+ because, well, the game is centered around adult content.

You must be at least 13 years of age to "legally" be on GTPlanet.
This site is strict, my 11 year old friend is a member at GTAForums.com, well it's an 18+ site but he is still allowed and accepted by the mods

This site is strict, my 11 year old friend is a member at GTAForums.com, well it's an 18+ site but he is still allowed and accepted by the mods

It’s not @Jordan’s decision as it’s a restriction set by COPPA. Any website found to be in violation could be heavily fined.

So I got an 11 year old friend here on GTP which is BANNED because he is participating in the cars section
No, you have an 11-year old friend who has been banned because it's literally illegal for us to have members under the age of 13. It's a federal law known as COPPA - the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.

This is covered during the sign-up process - you cannot sign up if you declare you are under 13 - and he lied about his age in order to join the site.

I explained this to him before I banned him, so I'm not entirely sure where this bizarre corrupted narrative about certain subforums has come from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back