Cars similar to the S15 Silvia 02?

• Thread starter oohhh yeah
  • 23 comments
oohhh8yeah
Hi guys,

I have to say the best car I have driven to date for drifting enjoyment is the S15 Silvia spec R 2002. The reason? It sound extremely good with a sports exhaust, and the force feedback feel is excellent. I'm sure you all know different cars have different ffb feeling. The S15 has a certain tightness/feeling to it that cars like the s13 and rx-7 lack. I'm talking about the forcefeedback and also how the car behaves on the road....the car feels like it has excellent rigid chassis and direct steering feel in game and I can feel it through my hands. (Or perhaps the ffb is making me think it drives stiffer...so vice versa?) Not to mention it sounds better too :) While the rx7 is a pleasure to drive it just doesn't give my hands the same pleasure as the s15. I'm using a g27. :) Even the s2000 IMO doesn't have as good a feel as this.

Please recommend me some cars similar to the S15 in terms of wheel feel/force feedback sensations :), and if you haven't tried the s15 I highly recommend it.

I haven't driven any BMW in GT6 yet but BMW's are always at the top of the list for steering feel and it shows in GT5 and real life.

Last edited:
The S14 has a nice heavy steering weight on CH. Noticeably heavier than sileighty/180sx/chaser

Can't remember the exact model, but it's the one used in the drift bible

There are 2 versions, the Qs and the Ks, one has more power stock, it's that one that I'm talking about. Great motor.

Mine is a replica of the white car with white wheels in the video, just with more power. They say in the video that his is stock.

:P
The S14 has a nice heavy steering weight on CH. Noticeably heavier than sileighty/180sx/chaser

Can't remember the exact model, but it's the one used in the drift bible

There are 2 versions, the Qs and the Ks, one has more power stock, it's that one that I'm talking about. Great motor.

Mine is a replica of the white car with white wheels in the video, just with more power. They say in the video that his is stock.

Of course, who would've guessed the s15' sister has extremely good steering feel too:lol::cheers:

Has anyone tried the 300zx? I'm guessing it will feel great but playing TR atm :)

:P
Of course, who would've guessed the s15' sister has extremely good steering feel too:lol::cheers:

Has anyone tried the 300zx? I'm guessing it will feel great but playing TR atm :)

Its like driving a

boat-show.jpg

Hyundai Genesis Coupe is a car I would consider the spiritual successor to the S15 Silvia, give it a shot 👍

Really?
Must be my tunning, but i feel the S15 much more stable and predictble. Besides, that engine into the Genesis just don´t convinces me.

The s14?

No I have not, been busy :)
Try it when you get the chance.

The 'rounded' headlights version, not the 'slanted evil eye' headlight version.

You will see what I mean, I reckon the steering feel is better than the S15.

Easily my favourite drift car at the moment, due to the incredible sense of control and feedback you get.

Try it when you get the chance.

The 'rounded' headlights version, not the 'slanted evil eye' headlight version.

You will see what I mean, I reckon the steering feel is better than the S15.

Easily my favourite drift car at the moment, due to the incredible sense of control and feedback you get.
You're talking about your blue one with the black carbon hood in the other thread?

I think I will have a new favorite car:)

You're talking about your blue one with the black carbon hood in the other thread?

I think I will have a new favorite car:)
No no Thats an S15...

I don't have a pic of the one I mean on my phone, but it's identical to the one in the drift bible above.

DSC01422.jpg

drift-bible-screen-3.jpg

s14-003_024.jpg

This one.

I don't have a setup for it posted, I'm planning on posting mine later

Is that what his one was? That's not what is called in game, I'm pretty sure it's the S14 K's aero. Could be wrong though.

In Gran Turismo it won't say if it's a Zenki or Kouki. You just gotta Assume it from the year of manufacture. How ever in JDM Terms Usually Face Lifted versions are (Kouki's) and Pre-Facelift is (Zenki).

sizzo.jpg

Zenki'

2i0voy9.jpg

Kouki (US, EU)

IMG_77431.jpg
''
Kouki (JDM, AUDM) (A close friend of mine, who lives locally owns this one :)

This why people complain about the 25 variants of each car in GT6. But it's just simply for the enthusiast :)

In Gran Turismo it won't say if it's a Zenki or Kouki. You just gotta Assume it from the year of manufacture. How ever in JDM Terms Usually Face Lifted versions are (Kouki's) and Pre-Facelift is (Zenki).

sizzo.jpg

Zenki'

2i0voy9.jpg

Kouki (US, EU)

IMG_77431.jpg
''
Kouki (JDM, AUDM) (A close friend of mine, who lives locally owns this one :)

This why people complain about the 25 variants of each car in GT6. But it's just simply for the enthusiast :)
Thanks alot:tup:

I worked with a guy who had a Kouki. Lovely motors.

Thanks alot:tup:

I worked with a guy who had a Kouki. Lovely motors.
So I tried the S14 Zenki today. It did have good steering feel, but for some reason it's a lot harder for me to drift in it. I'm sure it is my setup....but I have tweaked it and it is still more difficult to hold a drift. I have tweaked but it is still pretty flaky to drift this car, wiping out often. S15 feels like an improved version in every way. Please somebody share with me their s14 zenki setup :)

So I tried the S14 Zenki today. It did have good steering feel, but for some reason it's a lot harder for me to drift in it. I'm sure it is my setup....but I have tweaked it and it is still more difficult to hold a drift. I have tweaked but it is still pretty flaky to drift this car, wiping out often. S15 feels like an improved version in every way. Please somebody share with me their s14 zenki setup :)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/nissan-silvia-ks-aero-93-s14.16/

;)

What about the GT86 (or varient) i find its pretty good at holding deep. It may lack power of the big boys but the chassis and strength makes up for it. Used it alot in GT5 as it was light and easy to flick around without it snapping.

What about the GT86 (or varient) i find its pretty good at holding deep. It may lack power of the big boys but the chassis and strength makes up for it. Used it alot in GT5 as it was light and easy to flick around without it snapping.
Seconded.

Also the AE86 has an excellent weighty steering feel.

Back