Cars that can't payoff their investment

  • Thread starter Thread starter p-coletray
  • 18 comments
  • 1,879 views
Messages
535
Messages
p-coletrey
If a car could manage to pay for itself (or its a collector) I understand the value.

What cars appear fast & cool to you, but after upgrades & attempts to tune to compete against equivilent cars, we discover that if wins = rent, it would be evicted?
 
Many of them are worthless, especially the ones that are no good for racing, but have no resale value (Jay Leno's tank)
 
I really think Kaz missed the boat by not throwing in a premium Dodge Aries K...
 
I bought a Lotus Elise '96 for 40,000 and tuned it which made overall cost about 50,000 thousand and I used it for the British Lightweights but it was no good against the other Elise's and then I sold it and got 11,000 back.
 
The chap 2j sure its useful for 2 races but how can it repay 14,000,000 cost price?
 
I think the Tank Car is the best example. I was also very dissappointed that you cannot use the F10 or F2007 for races outside Arcade/Online.
 
Jag XJ13
Ferrari P4
Ford Mk VI race car

These are all 20 million credit cars that can win you zilch in return.

Ferrari F2007
Ferrari F2010

Same thing, but initial outlay isn't so much.

Possibly the Muira aswell, but this is one of my favourite cars in real life, so I am being 100% totally biased. :)

Most road cars can be tuned to win something and don't cost a fraction of what these cars do, there's usually some kind of race for them to enter into, so you can get some kind of return on your investment.
 
Jag XJ13
Ferrari P4
Ford Mk VI race car

These are all 20 million credit cars that can win you zilch in return.

Ferrari F2007
Ferrari F2010

Same thing, but initial outlay isn't so much.

Possibly the Muira aswell, but this is one of my favourite cars in real life, so I am being 100% totally biased. :)

Most road cars can be tuned to win something and don't cost a fraction of what these cars do, there's usually some kind of race for them to enter into, so you can get some kind of return on your investment.

I don't think anyone has ever paid that much for a car. Thats almost 200 indi grinds. I don't know why they are at the dealer.
I paid 140,000 for a Callaway C12, beefed it up, played with multiple tunes and it couldn't win a single race, placed 4th once.
 
Last edited:
I kind of felt that way about the Mustang Cobra R. I expected it to be much better than it actually is.

Truthfully I have not even driven most of the cars I've bought, so I guess they are "worth" what I paid just because I wanted them and had the money.
 
I really think Kaz missed the boat by not throwing in a premium Dodge Aries K...

:lol: Yeah, Chevy Citation?

On-topic: I just got a Mitsubishi i-MiEV the other day. It's the electric car. I'm able to win a few races with it, but assuming no grinding is done, I don't think it would pay for itself over the long run. We shall see.
 
307CC It costs more than a challenger, camera and evo!! Need I say any more?
 
I only ever used my XJ13 in the Extreme European Rome Race for 99K a run. Put Racing Softs on it and it was a superb drive and won very easily. Did the same with the Ferrari 330 P4. Used that race to pay for a lot of cheaper cars (though some I was not too impressed with... Lamborghinis for instance).
 
If you are strapped for cash dont buy useless cars. I beat nearly the entire game with pre-order and prize cars. Exception being the lambo/ferrari/FGT/classic american races.

So in that sense, they are all a waste of cash. I just buy them because I want them.
 
Guys, you're all missing the point! I have bought about 100 cars so far, and I don't plan on racing most of them. I bought an XJ220 from the UCD for about 550kCr, and all I do is blast it around some of my favourite tracks. Some of the more beautiful premiums (Ferrari SP1, Maserati GranTurismo, Aston Martin DB9, Alfa 8C) have hardly seen the track at all, and spend most of their time showing off their stunning looks in photo travel/photo mode.

I can grind Indy in the dream car championship if I need cash, meaning that I can buy more beautiful cars and take photos of them :)

In fact, me and a couple of friends took 3 cars out on that really long special stage route 7. We had a Gallardo, a 458 and a DB9. We just drove side by side at 150kph and all spent hours in the photo mode afterwards :drool:
 
My Fiat 500 has payed for itself and got another 180,000 for me. Lexus IS F RM didn't but I traded it for a supergt so now it has. Ferrari 599 has got me about 20,000 and a California so it needs a bit more. A Masarati I won has only been used in photomode but my racing kart has got about 300k. Some cars won't pay for themselves but some definetley will.
 
I really don't understand people who fuss about a car not being able to earn itself back.

In real life, do you buy that cool sports car to have it make money for you the next 5 years?

Didn't think so.
 
I really don't understand people who fuss about a car not being able to earn itself back.

In real life, do you buy that cool sports car to have it make money for you the next 5 years?

Didn't think so.

1. Obviously you dont understand why we're fussing, thanks for sharing.

2. Real life? Whaaa?

3. I actually paid 159,000 for that clunker callaway, makes me even fussier. I'll trade it to you for a similar priced sports car since you think it's cool.
 
I really don't understand people who fuss about a car not being able to earn itself back.

In real life, do you buy that cool sports car to have it make money for you the next 5 years?

Didn't think so.

You do if you bought it to race professionally. Not if it's just a road car or for amateur racing though.
 
3. I actually paid 159,000 for that clunker callaway, makes me even fussier. I'll trade it to you for a similar priced sports car since you think it's cool.

Level 19 A spec - Digital cup - the callaway should easily win that and you get 300,000+ for winning the series.

I test drive all my road cars there, easy money and it's a good way of finding out what the good and bad points of a car is, so you learn about the car and get paid for testing it aswell. 👍
 
Back