Cars that won't be used again?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BKViper
  • 10 comments
  • 719 views
Messages
845
Messages
bkviper
What do you do with cars that you won't actually plan on driving in the future? Either cars you were given for leveling and such, or a car you had to buy in order to meet the requirements in a Cup?
Do you keep them in your garage because you like to collect all you can?
Do you sell them because you want as much money as you can?
Or do you gift them to other people who need them?

I just gave away several cars that I actually had duplicates of, and then I got to thinking about these other cars I'll never drive.
For example, I have '91 Honda Beat which has been fully modified which I used in the Lightweight Cup under the Amateur Series. I think I spent over $25K on the car purchase and all the upgrades. If I go to sell it, it says it will give me $4K! That is pathetic. $4K isn't going to make much a difference to me at this point in the game, but for someone just starting out it could be just what they need for that Cup.

So what do you think is the best approach?

And if anyone needs that Honda Beat for the Lightweight Cup, let me know.
 
I never sell anything as I find at some point I may need it again lol
 
I'm a terrible packrat, so the only times I've sold a car have been when I had duplicates in my garage. Unfortunately right now I'm stuck with 2 of the Audi Pikes Peak Quattros, and there's no point to sell one as it just asks me if I want to remove it.

Anybody want a Audi Pikes Peak Quattro? I've got 2 of them and they're useless far as I can tell...might be alright in a rally, cause rally cars are so hard to get. :lol:
 
I'll take it cwm33! Hal20xx :D
 
I only sell cars that are duplicates...

I like to have as many cars as possible and also drive some cars that dont exist over here in Europe... or that i dont know off at all... like so weird japanese models :lol:

Chris
 
I will be happy to accept any and all donations of cars that people do not want :) add me on PSN: R1VIKING :)
 
There are cars i hated to that point that after finishing the race i got forced to do and use it, i sold it, no matter if i have to get it again, punishement and examples had to be done to imoress the other cars lol
1 car still comes to my mind, the midget2 just keot it cause in the light weight i didnt have to brake once with it. So it got the: this car has no brakes vip spot in my garage. But i will never use it again.
 
I gave away my Dodge truck to a friend.. probably what I'll do with some others.(Fugly Veyron comes to mind) Keep everything I like or might want to race with...
 
If it wasn't for the 1000 car trophy, I would sell whatever I most likely wouldn't use. In gt4 I think I had about 20 cars on my roster. Now so far I have nearly a hundred and no duplicates.
 
:spoiler:




If you sell you wont be any closer to the 1k cars achievement
 
I've bought (and sold) a Corvette Stingray, to be used for ~4 race events (FR, World Classic, Muscle Car, & Nostalgic Supercar), and ****ing hating it. Tuning it just made it worse, as it wore out the rear tires much faster and the terrible handling didn't help even on fresh rubber. I couldn't do a race with over 3 laps in it w/o a pit stop. Thankfully, I won the Buick Special. It too is a handful to drive, but it makes it up on bank turns and straights.
 
Back