Cars too slow in National B licence in GT7

• Thread starter CedricG
  • 21 comments
France
France
Hi. I have a problem, I cannot pass some of the National B licence tests because the car seems to be too slow compared to the demonstration. Is it me? Is there something I don’t know how to do in order to make the car faster in revving up? Sorry but this is my first time on the game and I am lost. I managed to pass most of the test but not the B1 / B2 / B9 because I am much slower than in the demo. Help please! Thank you!!!

Try looking to see in the assists menu what options you have got turned things like breaking can slow you down and steering assist , on also try turning down traction control abs ect .

I changed the settings but this doesn’t seem to be the problem. It’s really the car that is my ch slower than in the demo. Like the engine isn’t going full speed and it’s revving much less as if there was a blockage somewhere. No idea what’s wrong but it prevents me from doing the times in these 3 events. Anyone ever had this problem?

I changed the settings but this doesn’t seem to be the problem. It’s really the car that is my ch slower than in the demo. Like the engine isn’t going full speed and it’s revving much less as if there was a blockage somewhere. No idea what’s wrong but it prevents me from doing the times in these 3 events. Anyone ever had this problem?
Can you provide video? PS4 and PS5 have inbuilt video capture functions, and it's going to be far easier to diagnose if we can see it.

Saying your new to the game , maybe you just need more track time. keep at it , slow in fast out , get those apexes and make sure your not in too high a gear as it will cost you momentum.

Saying your new to the game , maybe you just need more track time. keep at it , slow in fast out , get those apexes and make sure your not in too high a gear as it will cost you momentum.
This is not the answer.

B1 and B2 licences are driving in a straight line and braking in a finish zone...

You're going to hear from a lot of people who did these awhile ago. The physics have changed. There are several tests where the demonstration is complete BS IMO. I recall one where it was a BMW on some off camber corners and the speed the demonstration used was flat out not possible. Most of the demos are fine, I probably counted 3 or so in all the license tests that were so off that it was notable and easy to identify.

Having said that, I recently golded all the license tests so it is still possible to do, even if not the way they demo it. PD is notorious for breaking the license tests and missions, so you should be prepared for that if you really want to play this game. I would recommend doing them all now while you know they can be done (as I just did it) before they change something and break it for months.

As others have mentioned, one thing that really pays off in this game is patience and persistence. You will be SHOCKED how much better you can get over time. I considered myself to be the bottom of the barrel driver and thought I would never be able to do anything in this game, now I'm raving in A tier lobbies online :) If I can do it, anyone can, I am SHOCKINGLY bad at this game haha.

Keep at it and don't give up.

You're going to hear from a lot of people who did these awhile ago. The physics have changed. There are several tests where the demonstration is complete BS IMO. I recall one where it was a BMW on some off camber corners and the speed the demonstration used was flat out not possible. Most of the demos are fine, I probably counted 3 or so in all the license tests that were so off that it was notable and easy to identify.

Having said that, I recently golded all the license tests so it is still possible to do, even if not the way they demo it. PD is notorious for breaking the license tests and missions, so you should be prepared for that if you really want to play this game. I would recommend doing them all now while you know they can be done (as I just did it) before they change something and break it for months.

As others have mentioned, one thing that really pays off in this game is patience and persistence. You will be SHOCKED how much better you can get over time. I considered myself to be the bottom of the barrel driver and thought I would never be able to do anything in this game, now I'm raving in A tier lobbies online :) If I can do it, anyone can, I am SHOCKINGLY bad at this game haha.

Keep at it and don't give up.
Again, all fine advice, but he can't pass B1/B2:
I managed to pass most of the test but not the B1 / B2 / B9 because I am much slower than in the demo
They look like this:

This suggests something more fundamentally wrong than needing more practice or hitting the apexes - since there aren't any - and it's really worth seeing a video of him doing this test. I'd imagine the culprit is a broken controller but that's only a guess, which a video would confirm.

These videos show exactly my problem. You see you can revv the car and when you start you go much faster than I do. It seems as if my engine is somehow limited and I am in 2nd gear at the end when I need to stop already. It’s probably a settings problem. But I cannot find which one…

These videos show exactly my problem. You see you can revv the car and when you start you go much faster than I do. It seems as if my engine is somehow limited and I am in 2nd gear at the end when I need to stop already. It’s probably a settings problem. But I cannot find which one…
AS @Famine says, it sounds like your controller is not giving you full throttle. Try changing to a different controller if you can or change the throttle to a different button on your controller and see if that helps.

Last edited:
PS4 and PS5 both can record gameplay and offer upload to connected services.
A video would help to find what may be a reason for your problem.
Just make a single attempt like you usually would to and press the button left to the touchpad and top-right of the directional buttons (either called "Share" on Dualshock 4 or "Create" on Dualsense controllers).
Then select whatever timespan you need and upload to show here.

These videos show exactly my problem.
No, the videos show the game in normal operation. We can't see your problem unless you record a similar video showing what it looks like when you try it.

They're two random videos (from the same person) I pulled up of the two licence tests in question, apparently from the game's launch around nine months ago.

For comparison I just hopped on, got gold (not even matching my best time, but that wasn't the point), recorded it, and uploaded it:

It took five minutes, using the inbuilt Create/Share function on the console. If you do the same thing we might be able to tell you what the issue is; without that we can only guess.

Last edited:
Send your own video clip. That way we'll be able to see the throttle input. If it's less than full, probably a busted controller.

OK thx

So the ghost is the demo. It is so much faster??
Your accelation input is stuck, the bar (left to the speedo) stops at around 70%.
If it is pedals, I think I saw some solutions on the board.
If it is a controller, I suppose it needs replacement (or maybe cleaning).

Last edited:
Thank you😊
I did not notice it showed the throttle. It is a controller so yes that must be it!
I did manage to get bronze on the rest of them😋

Switched the controller settings and guess what?
IMG_2512.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back