- 12

- United States
- ChromeTheMoon
- ChromeTheMoon
Boost button raises boost pressure only. Turbo is a MGU-H.
Testing at SSR-X, arcade mode, time trial reveals that the power unit on the Nissan 2020 is much like FIA WEC and Formula 1 Power Units with a ICU, MGU-K, MGU-H and ES.
1. The boost button raises boost pressure only.
2. The boost button does not pull stored power from the ES.
3. The ES can be charged by the MGU-H.
Whether recovered energy from the MGU-H is diverted to the MGU-K, under boost or not, is unknown.
The accelerator data trace in the telemetry file may show the boost button press, but I'm not sure.
You can test these claims yourself with this method. It may be hard to test with a controller, probably impossible if acceleration is mapped to a button.
Start a arcade time trial at SSR-X, all aids off, manual transmission.
Accelerate hard to about 100 MPH, shifting quickly to 7th gear. Start playing with part throttle acceleration. By modulating the throttle and observing speed and the charge arrow I observed the following states:
- Accelerating and discharging.
- Decelerating and charging.
- Cruise and charging.
- Accelerating and charging. (Accelerating slowly, but still)
- Decelerating and not charging. (ES fully charged)
- Cruise and not charging. (ES fully charged)
With the car at part throttle on level ground reach a steady cruise speed start testing the boost button.
Reach a steady cruising speed under part throttle as soon as possible on the back straight. The car will steady cruise at a range of speeds, I reached steady at 161 and 185 MPH, many others are possible, obviously. By observing the boost gauge, speed and charge arrow I saw that:
- Under steady throttle input the pressing the boost button caused the car to accelerate. I went from from 161 to 198(I think) in one trial.
- The boost button caused the boost gauge to jump up.
- Releasing the boost button caused the boost gauge to drop, and the car to decelerate. Sometimes the blowoff valve released, sometimes not.
The charge indicator was not affected by the boost button.
- Pressing the boost button did not cause the red discharging indicator to light.
- If the ES was charging, pressing the boost button did not turn off the charging indicator.
I did take a video of all this, but it's boring. Saving the best lap time and looking at the graph shows this as well. I'm not absolutely sure, but there are marks on the accelerator data trace in the telemetry that may be the boost button.
Testing at SSR-X, arcade mode, time trial reveals that the power unit on the Nissan 2020 is much like FIA WEC and Formula 1 Power Units with a ICU, MGU-K, MGU-H and ES.
1. The boost button raises boost pressure only.
2. The boost button does not pull stored power from the ES.
3. The ES can be charged by the MGU-H.
Whether recovered energy from the MGU-H is diverted to the MGU-K, under boost or not, is unknown.
The accelerator data trace in the telemetry file may show the boost button press, but I'm not sure.
You can test these claims yourself with this method. It may be hard to test with a controller, probably impossible if acceleration is mapped to a button.
Start a arcade time trial at SSR-X, all aids off, manual transmission.
Accelerate hard to about 100 MPH, shifting quickly to 7th gear. Start playing with part throttle acceleration. By modulating the throttle and observing speed and the charge arrow I observed the following states:
- Accelerating and discharging.
- Decelerating and charging.
- Cruise and charging.
- Accelerating and charging. (Accelerating slowly, but still)
- Decelerating and not charging. (ES fully charged)
- Cruise and not charging. (ES fully charged)
With the car at part throttle on level ground reach a steady cruise speed start testing the boost button.
Reach a steady cruising speed under part throttle as soon as possible on the back straight. The car will steady cruise at a range of speeds, I reached steady at 161 and 185 MPH, many others are possible, obviously. By observing the boost gauge, speed and charge arrow I saw that:
- Under steady throttle input the pressing the boost button caused the car to accelerate. I went from from 161 to 198(I think) in one trial.
- The boost button caused the boost gauge to jump up.
- Releasing the boost button caused the boost gauge to drop, and the car to decelerate. Sometimes the blowoff valve released, sometimes not.
The charge indicator was not affected by the boost button.
- Pressing the boost button did not cause the red discharging indicator to light.
- If the ES was charging, pressing the boost button did not turn off the charging indicator.
I did take a video of all this, but it's boring. Saving the best lap time and looking at the graph shows this as well. I'm not absolutely sure, but there are marks on the accelerator data trace in the telemetry that may be the boost button.