Cars with best (i.e :most usable!) cockpit views

• Thread starter fmq75
  • 7 comments
Germany
Germany
Looking for cars with best looking but also (more important) most usable cockpit views.Most of the cockpits look fine but without a FOV slider a pita to drive.Like sitting on the backseat.Such a shame that there are almost no options for cockpit views (and don‘t let me start about the HUD).

Funny,i don‘t wanted to have a tomahawk but i saw a gif on reddit and that looks very much like the tomahawk.And the cockpit view looks awesome with the 3 rear cameras and centered seat,i might buy one now as well :)

And what other cars do have a centered seat/steering wheel?

Last edited:
Pretty much any open wheel center position car is the best cockpit view... Closed cockpit middle seats are also pretty good (McLaren F1, Tomahawk, Red Bull, etc).

Somehow i don‘t like open cockpits (the Ferrari 330 or the Volkswagen VGT is an exception here) but i‘ll look out for the McLaren next time it shows up for sure

The Porsche 917K has a great cockpit view :dopey:

For centered driving positions, there are the single seaters obviously as well as the McLaren F1 (and some VGT cars probably).

I only use cockpit view and find the majority of cars usable at the default settings, with occasional height adjustments. The toughest ones are the cars where the steering wheel obscures your view when turning, unfortunately the Porsche Gr 3 and 4 do this, as does the Ford GT off the top of my head.

LMP1 can be very tricky as well with their postbox views (though the Audi has been adjusted for GT7) honestly the nicest view in a race car for me is the Nissan R92CP which has a gorgeous rounded windshield that gives you a lovely view when blasting round Le Mans

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Was driving the 69 Camaro Z28 at Nordschleif at night and the interior lights and gauges look KILLER.
I like the interior of the Ferrari 365 GTB too.
Using the cockpit view with changing weather and TOD has been the highlight of GT7 for me so far.

Funny,i don‘t wanted to have a tomahawk but i saw a gif on reddit and that looks very much like the tomahawk.And the cockpit view looks awesome with the 3 rear cameras and centered seat,i might buy one now as well :)

And what other cars do have a centered seat/steering wheel?
3 rear cameras and a centred seat... Chaparral 2X has that too, minus the seat.
The McLaren F1 has that famous central seat, two rear mirrors (and unique rear interior view through the side) but the 1750% price increase has put it out of most of our leagues for a while; racing models are moderately cheaper.
The other centre-seat cars are the BAC Mono, Lambo VGT, Hyundai N2025, Super Formula, F1500... maybe a few other VGTs, Mazda LM55 is almost centre, slightly right like other LMPs.

Peugeots first VGT (and Gr3), VW Supersport, Infiniti, Zagato, Toyota SFR Racing, AMG VGTs, BMW VGT, Mitsy XR-PHEV, Subaru VIZIV, Lexus LF-LC all still have no interior option.

Back