Cars without power specs are annoying

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fastphil96
  • 11 comments
  • 1,247 views
Messages
112
Canada
Ste-Marthe-sur-le-Lac, QC
Messages
Fastphil96
So I'm tooling around in the UCD and there's a RX-7 LM Race Car in there for 993,140 Cr... but it has no specs! Would you buy a car with no specs? I don't want to waste the money only to find out the car is crap... do the specs show up once you've bought the car?
 
Yea, I agree it is pretty lame they don't show the hp/weight on some cars in ucd. It will show up when you buy it. That RX-7 is a pretty nice car, if you have the extra credits laying around get it for sure.
 
SmokingCones, thanks for the site link, that could be useful. The RX-7 I'm looking at isn't green like in the pic on that site, it's a nicer black with white roof combo. I'll pick it up.
 
So I'm tooling around in the UCD and there's a RX-7 LM Race Car in there for 993,140 Cr... but it has no specs! Would you buy a car with no specs? I don't want to waste the money only to find out the car is crap... do the specs show up once you've bought the car?

Been doing it since GT1. Why would I stop now? Even do it in real life while window shopping for used cars.

You mean there's another way?!?

/sarcasm
 
I usually read the description on cars with no weight or power spec. The description will almost always contain one or both pieces of missing information.
 
I have one of the GTR/skyline concepts and even in my garage it doesnt have the drive train listed. You'd think the physics engine would need ro know if it was AWD or FR in order for it to function. I might have to do some experimenting when I get home and see if I can figure it out.
 
I have one of the GTR/skyline concepts and even in my garage it doesnt have the drive train listed. You'd think the physics engine would need ro know if it was AWD or FR in order for it to function. I might have to do some experimenting when I get home and see if I can figure it out.

GT-R Proto '05? if so, that is 4wd, they didn't list the spec because Nissan didn't release any at the time. They just tweaked the spec of a production R35 to make it work in the game
 
yeah, I know Nissan didnt specify, but its obvious if it is a functioning automobile, it has a drivetrain. The R35 isn't THAT revolutionary.

I just think its dumb gt doesn' list its drivetrain, when it has to have one to be in the game.
 
yeah, I know Nissan didnt specify, but its obvious if it is a functioning automobile, it has a drivetrain. The R35 isn't THAT revolutionary.

I just think its dumb gt doesn' list its drivetrain, when it has to have one to be in the game.

In 2005 there were rumours that it would be a V8 and possibly RWD only so they couldn't include that information.....
 
But the game came out in 2010 and when I drive the car now in 2011, its AWD. The '---' in the game implies its some sort of unknowable truth. I know why they didn't include the information, it just seems dumb because it IS included in the modelling of the car. Its almost like the car in game isn't a good model of actual concept, because if it were, it wouldn't have a drivetrain, and wouldn't even be drivable. I'm not saying I wish it weren't in the game, just that PD's line of reasoning seems a bit off to me.
 
The concept car was just that, a concept. The R35 is a car that evolved from the concept. At the time is was likely to be a V8 with an 8-speed CVT gearbox, hence the fact they left it blank, PD including the spec would be pure speculation (because it didn't use an R35 engine)
 
Back