Cars you wish don't make it into GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter Epinionator89
  • 143 comments
  • 9,590 views
Messages
152
I was inspired by the "cars you want in GT5" thread, so I got this idea.

After playing GT3/4 for a while now, which cars do you think should not make it into the next Gran Turismo and why?

Please note: "It's slow" and "there's too many of them" shouldn't be considered reasons unless 1) even when modded it just cannot be used to win races, even if you tuned it right up to the max, and 2) two or more types of the same car has the same default settings, power, torque etc. Opinions like "it's not cool" or "it's ugly" are just that; opinions. Hey, I drive (for example) the Honda Element sometimes just because I want to. Heck, you already know that I've religiously driven both types of Toyota Priuses even though gas mileage makes no difference in how you win races.

Here's my list of cars I do not want to see in GT5:

Honda Insight--It's called a hybrid yet you cannot run the battery down (because t runs on a "normal" engine in GT4). Unless they add a CVT transmission or a battery meter in GT5, I do not want to see it. Unnecessary.

Nissan Cube--It's called the "Cube FF CVT" and it doesn't have a CVT transmission. If they didn't add a CVT, why do they call it a FF CVT? If they instead call it the Cube FF, I wouldn't mind having them keep it.

Toyota Volts--C'mon, it's a Pontiac Vibe with no changes in design or (if I remember correctly) power!

Any early 1900's or 1800's cars--VERY low horsepower, no ability to enter it in races, no ability to mod it, usually no way to go in reverse... I wouldn't mind if they kept the Model T though.

Most of the multiple Nissan Skylines: there's at least three of them with the same power figures but different names and prices.

That's all I have now.
 
But the wagons are WHAT MAKE GT what it is!
 
no more multiple versions, that annoys me that they fill gt up with numerous cars that look pretty much the same maybe slight difference in power its pointless because people are only gonna buy the best one anyway
 
the corvette c5r race car with the white on the sides. i hope they change it to the solid yellow one that won all the time.
 
I hope they dont award us again with all those concept cars. Most of them are terrible to drive and they are non-sellable.(in another word Garbages) Also those historical cars, personaly I think they are junks too. I hope they replace them with some decent race cars, touring cars or even road cars.
 
Yeah, if they're going to include all these "special" cars, like the Nike One, it would be nice if they included some events where you could actually race them. I realize there are performance limitations that make this impossible with some of the cars, but they should have considered that before making the decision to include them at all.
 
nah i like all the GTRs and varients of japanese cars. but i hate that some cars, you cant mod..
like the 1886 cars, that would be hell funny with a racing tranny, a wing, and a stage 4 turbo.
 
stumpydino
no more multiple versions, that annoys me that they fill gt up with numerous cars that look pretty much the same maybe slight difference in power its pointless because people are only gonna buy the best one anyway

Not true, my friend purchased the the lower end Supra because thats what he owns. I think for alot of people, playing the GT games means they can purchase their car, or one close too, and see what kind of limits it can be driven too, without doin it real life, which will end up costing you huge in the end.
I partly agree with you though, cause I mean really, how many versions of the Skyline do we really need, but in Japan where this game was made, and seems to center around, its more likely to see different versions of the Skyline driving around, and not different versions of American cars like we have here.
I say, keep all the versions of Skylines, but maybe throw in the different versions of the Mustang, the Corvette, and include more of the everyday cars that we drive in North America, so others can experience that feeling of racing the car you own against a various amount of cars from around the world. 👍
Just my 2 cents though.
 
That stupid Audi Streamliner V16, ALL you can do with it is race on the Oval track...It's POINTLESS and just takes up one more space. That space could have been a 67' Shelby Fastback Eleanor!!!
 
SRV2LOW4ME
Not true, my friend purchased the the lower end Supra because thats what he owns. I think for alot of people, playing the GT games means they can purchase their car, or one close too, and see what kind of limits it can be driven too, without doin it real life, which will end up costing you huge in the end... I say, keep all the versions of Skylines, but maybe throw in the different versions of the Mustang, the Corvette, and include more of the everyday cars that we drive in North America, so others can experience that feeling of racing the car you own against a various amount of cars from around the world.

If that's the case, I'd love to see what a 1993 Hyundai Excel 3-door base model would do on the Nurburgring; tearing up the car as opposed to the corners is what it does best. :) 👍
 
I agree more or less with about every post on here. But, methinks PD should leave out most or all of those goofy tiny Japanese cars that have something like 21 horsepower & the races that go with`em. If Japanese dudes like`em so much, they can have`em. If I had to drive a Daihatsu midget:yuck: IRL, I`d have driven it off a cliff long ago.
 
After 4 installments of Gran Turismo, and hearing so many complaints about GT3 not having enough cars, and then GT4 having all the wrong cars...it's amazing that people actually want cars removed. Now that B-Spec is included you don't even have to drive the cars you hate anymore for the most part...any race that requires them can be done by your AI counterpart and you don't even have to sit there and watch it. I personally want all of the little tiny japanese cars, more concepts, more older cars, more station wagons, more trucks, more SUVs, more vans, perhaps some new vehicle classes: utility, anyone?...anything to have more vehicles in the game. I wish they would have included the Toyota POD...that would have been fun to take around in photo travel...

More vehicles in GT5. Enough said.

-Metz
 
Metzger28
After 4 installments of Gran Turismo, and hearing so many complaints about GT3 not having enough cars, and then GT4 having all the wrong cars...it's amazing that people actually want cars removed. Now that B-Spec is included you don't even have to drive the cars you hate anymore for the most part...any race that requires them can be done by your AI counterpart and you don't even have to sit there and watch it. I personally want all of the little tiny japanese cars, more concepts, more older cars, more station wagons, more trucks, more SUVs, more vans, perhaps some new vehicle classes: utility, anyone?...anything to have more vehicles in the game. I wish they would have included the Toyota POD...that would have been fun to take around in photo travel...

More vehicles in GT5. Enough said.

-Metz
Metzger28
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I didn't want to write that but you did for me .I agree TOTALLY! 👍
 
Hi all,

I have interviewed Kazunori san before (I am a car magazine editor) and his rational for including many historical cars or variants of Skyline and others plus concepts is because firstly he wanted to make GT4 a sort of virtual showcase for cars that usually would not appear in other racing games. The historical cars are a tribute and celebration to the evolution of the automobile and it's inclusion is to give players a chance to experience how these cars feel and drive. There are cars for every purpose. Racing, driving and for 'ownership'.

Personally, I have a AE86 Sprinter Trueno GT Apex and a Civic Type R EK9. I love to take these two cars and drive them around the GT4 tracks that I will never be able to do in real life. Catch my drift?

As for cars I would not want to see in the game are concept cars that have made it into production. Like the Mazda Atenza (Mazda 6) 2.3 concept '01. There is no difference from the regular Atenza Sports 23Z '03 don't you think?
 
If they've only budgeted time, money, and disc space for 700 cars, it's inexcusable that so many are subtle Skyline variants when so many other cars are just ignored completely. I don't mind a gathering of historically significant Skylines, say even one of each body style and maybe 2 or 3 R32 and R34 variants. But there are just way too many in this game that are so similar that they make no noticeable difference in driving.
 
Epinionator89
Most of the multiple Nissan Skylines: there's at least three of them with the same power figures but different names and prices.

yea, I dont know how many versions of skylines are in GT4, but I know theres a ton of them. I hope I wont see repetitive different versions of skylines in GT5 or anything similar to that.
 
What cars don't i want in GT5?

None. I don't want them to exclude any car - simple as that.
 
Duke
If they've only budgeted time, money, and disc space for 700 cars, it's inexcusable that so many are subtle Skyline variants when so many other cars are just ignored completely. I don't mind a gathering of historically significant Skylines, say even one of each body style and maybe 2 or 3 R32 and R34 variants. But there are just way too many in this game that are so similar that they make no noticeable difference in driving.


In regards to the Skyline variants I agree with you. I feel Kazunori san is a fan of Skyline and thus a little bias to it. Originally he created the game to have all his favorite cars. He has two GT-Rs personally.

I am a Honda fan and I personally miss the GT2 Civic SiR EK4, SiR Ferio sedan and I would have like to see some U.S specific Honda which U.S enthusiast guys turbo charge.

My job as a car editor and jounalist allows me to drive a lot of cars. I have driven almost 90% of the road cars in GT4 and have come to a verdict.

For the Japanese cars, the handling models and engine tuning is almost 100% realistic and ideal in most cars.

However, the European cars are not quite as good. Especially Mercedes Benz. I think because some higher end models have a great deal of factory flexibility settings and to include all the variables in the game is asking too much.
 
The insight does have a CVT, what are you on about? and the hybrid isn't about running out of power, it generates power from inertial forces and utilizes it mainly in accel, not during highway crushing (thats when it recharges)
 
insane
That stupid Audi Streamliner V16, ALL you can do with it is race on the Oval track...It's POINTLESS and just takes up one more space. That space could have been a 67' Shelby Fastback Eleanor!!!


You can race it on Nürburgring!
 
Trucks and SUV's don't belong in GT. Especially the concepts that sell for zero dollars!

I like the classic cars and daily drivers. Some of my favorite races are the classic car factory races (though, I hate when the prize is the same car I was driving in the race).
 
can we all agree on, . A) the gt series of games are the best ever racing game series.
(nfs sucks)
and B.) when we have our own billion yen companies , we can buy anycar we like,
and anyway
my baby is in the game, but i wanted to bodykit'ify it :\
F6! typhoon
 
The problem I'm finding is I have all these cars I wanted to try out, but I really have no true purpose in using them. For example, by the time I was able to afford the Dodge Viper and '69 Z/28, I had already done all of the American races. It doesn't seem like I ran into this problem in GT3 very much even though I had hundreds of cars.

So what I propose is not taking out more cars, but putting in more races.
 
i wish they had all the modern 4 door skylines, like r32 r33 r34 , and also the R33 gts and r34 25gt
 
Nissan Skyline. That should save about 220 cars from making it into GT5.
 
Mustang-man
What cars don't i want in GT5?

None. I don't want them to exclude any car - simple as that.
:lol: I agree!

I can see people being annoyed by all the Skylines, but IMO, it probably takes very little time to create different versions of them in the game. It's not like they have to start creating the model from the scratch. I also agree that KY probably is a Skyline fanboy, but Gran Turismo is his creation after all. :D
 
No commercial cars like NIKE 2022, thank you!
 
I hope they dont carry on the crummy old nissan skylines, they should concentrate on a more varied collection of cars. More off-roaders, less 2wd suv's.
 
On the contrary, I think there should be more cars in GT5 than there were in GT4. Different variety of cars can only be good for the life-span of the game.
 
I agree about having way too many Skyline variants in the game when so many other pivotal cars in history were excluded....I for one would love to see a bit more variety in the American Muscle car classics.
 
Back