Caterham Fireblade PP rating

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vegard
  • 1 comments
  • 566 views
Messages
3,070
Norway
Norway
I tried the Caterham Fireblade in the British Lightweight seasonal today.
I had to de-tune the engine in order to reach 550 PP.
In the Nordschleife race i was forced to use sport soft tyres to win (car is 100% stock, engine limited slightly)
I remember winning easily in a stock TVR Tamora on sport hard tyres.
That car has a PP rating under 500 PP.

So less than 500PP on sport hard - easy win

550 PP with sport soft - hard work

I realize that the PP system will not make all cars equal on all tracks, but this case really shows that the PP rating for some cars are way off.
Some cars in a specific PP range will be fast on tight twisty tracks while being slow on fast tracks, but the gap in this case is ridiculous.

Or am i just miles away from driving the Caterham towars it's limits?
50 PP is quite a lot!
 
Back