• 26 comments

IfAndOr

Still here.
Premium
Seychelles
Shropshire
IfAndOr
Caterham & KTM

This series features battles between the KTM X-Bow R and the Caterham Seven 620R.
Photo - PROJECT - 2022_9_7_20_11_49_.jpg

Since this is a shorter 6 week series before Zolon starts something more serious in late October I thought it'd be best to not run anything too complex.

Each meeting will comprise of 1 x 15 minute race followed by 2 x 20 minute races.
The first race will have a 5 minute qualification session (which will allow connection problems to be sorted out) the following races will be manual reverse grids of the previous race. One formation lap at around 60mph/100kph controlled by the pole sitter. Race to start when we cross the line. We've managed this in the past without too many problems, we'll see how we get on with a double dose.
So, it'll be race 1 - Grid start. Race 2 & 3 rolling starts.

You can choose either car and swap them between races if you so wish. The exception is if you finish on the podium you MUST swap for the next race.

The Seven is the faster of the 2 cars, not by too much, but is also the trickier to drive. The X-Bow while a little slower is the more stable. Each car might shine more than the other on different circuits. It'll hopefully be quite close though.

--------------------------------------
ABS and TC allowed if needed.
Standing starts.
Damage will be Visual only.
Penalties - ON
Track limits - OFF
Drive Through Penalties - Off
Pit Exit Penalty - On

Tyre wear etc. - ON
Mechanical damage - ON

View restricted to internal!
--------------------------------------

Track List

Brands Hatch GP
Hockenheim National
Laguna Seca
Sugo
Donnington National
Zolder

Last edited:
I'd like to use the Caterham but with internal view can't see, depending on which view, the road, the car's front, braking points or apexes with that massive middle mirror so if internal view is forced I'll give this series a miss.

Happy to still do the scoreboard if you post results here.

Very kind of you, but as @Zolon32 just reminded me, I can move my seat around to create a clear view. Keep the setting as you intended because I know there are people who enjoy that, and I'll sort myself with your keyboard shortcuts trick.

Given no practice, I may be a bit all over the place, but looking forward to racing.

Just realised the cards have gone and there's a 22° sun halo! Nice.

Very kind of you...
Keep the setting as you intended
That's ok, I'd forgotten the Seven had that obstructive mirror. Not sure what it's like in reality, you'd need to see the road. I suppose you could move your head and look around it which you can't in the game without VR.

I'll leave it as unrestricted because there'll be those who don't/can't move their position around and like their preferred view.
What I'll say to all is, try to use the internal view since it does make it much more immersive,. Especially with the open topped cars it makes side by side racing more fun (and possibly safer). :)

Hi guys, Im taking a little break from Monday night racing, only due to not getting enough sleep with the very early starts im having on Tuesday mornings at the moment, but i'm still around. Not good timing I know, with not many people around at the moment, sorry about that.

I'm taking a little break from Monday night racing
That's fine Simon, you need your beauty sleep. ;)
You're of course welcome to return any time. See you soon.

I should be back for Monday meeting and apologies for not attending for the first night at Brands Hatch.
That's also fine Old. No need for apologies since there's not any pressure to race. Same goes for all, join in when you can.
Hope to see you next week. 👍

I've had a message from a holidaying Beachboy, he should be back next week as well.

Results from Round 2:

EDIT: I will be away next week, so if someone could capture the results please and post them here, I will do the standings when I get back.

Race 1:
Race 1.jpg

Race 2:
Race 2.jpg

Race 3:
Race 3.jpg

Standings:
Cat7KTM.jpg

Last edited:
It was nice to be back with you guys after a lengthy absence. My quick recap

Race 1 (Caterham) - didn't do too bad in quali getting a surprise pole, but it only happened because both @Zolon32 and @Napalm_LT , whom I was following (and paying attention to) both overdid it in their last lap. It was short lived though, I made serious mistakes early on and spun twice, both in laps 1 and 2 (taking out @half_sourly in the process, sorry about that!) and was so far back all I could do in the remaining laps was to re-learn the car and take good measure of the track's boundaries :dopey:

Race 2 (Caterham) - Reverse grid came to the rescue so again I started close to the front. This time I knew better and was more careful, had a nice, several laps long battle with @half_sourly that only ended because he made a slight off track mistake. After that I just kept focused and nursed the car home. Of course it helped that some of the main contenders in this cup (@Zolon32 ; @Napalm_LT ; @richroo ) were driving the KTM in this race.

Race 3 (KTM) - First time with this car, it was a more relaxed drive (compared to the Caterham at least) but also a much slower one, I started last of the grid and ended at the back end of the field, with the good company of @IfAndOr and @Oldbass47

I will again be away for a few weeks, hope to return to a more regular presence from November 7th onwards!

PS - Side note to say that before receiving Paul's invite for the event-lobby I browsed the public lobbies and was very surprised by the great online activity going on, wasn't expecting an old, previous gen game already delisted to still have so many people playing it online. Shows its quality, I guess

Congratulations Zolon, another cup for your already impressive virtual cupboard!

Paul, mine is green and looks very small with lorries all around but in every other aspect very similar to the one you posted! ;)
IMG-20221018-WA0008.jpeg

Edit: this afternoon, somewhere during the "Spanish crossing". France is next!

Last edited:
very similar to the one you posted!
I'm slightly disappointed there's not any garlands on it. 🙂

I like the look of the Angus Burger. Or even better the Big Pig! You're treating your wife to all the local delicacies.

And yes congratulations to @Zolon32 on his series win. Rich and Napalm were also having a strong surge towards the end.

Back