cayman gt4 project cars Vs assetto corsa

• Thread starter formulaic
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm a noob to all this SIM racing but am enjoying learning. I've found the project cars 2 career reasonably easy so far but found the Cayman gt4 really hard to handle on imola and another teac track i can't recall. After eventually managing to finish somewhere reasonable and get the trophy, I went and tried the same car and set up (everything off except abs) on assetto Corsa and found it far easier to drive. Would others say the gt4 Cayman is overly hard to handle in project cars? Thanks. I'm using a g920 set up btw and manual shifter.

I always found pc2 version easier to handle maybe its a setup issue I would load the stable setup and check tires on track or the track could be very hot or very cold.

The Cayman has very low aero which means it relies on mechanical grip. The issue is that the default setup is too stiff to provide this.
Try this suspension setup:

Cayman GT4.png

Thanks guys. I'll try that suspension and see how it goes. Which game would you say is more realistic or does it vary by car and track?

How many of us have driven these cars and tracks IRL to say what is more realistic?!

I like AC's FFB better than PC2's, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it is more or less 'realistic', simply able to convey more information about the car and track. But the price you pay is far fewer tracks, no weather, little ToD effects. That's why I have all 3 main games... Nobody is head and shoulders above the rest! For every thing you gain, you lose something else...

I happen to love the Cayman, had no problems with it in career. But I'm not really a tuner other than the basics (gearbox, downforce and fuel!) and part of the fun for me is learning to drive around the issues.

How many of us have driven these cars and tracks IRL to say what is more realistic?!

I like AC's FFB better than PC2's, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it is more or less 'realistic', simply able to convey more information about the car and track. But the price you pay is far fewer tracks, no weather, little ToD effects. That's why I have all 3 main games... Nobody is head and shoulders above the rest! For every thing you gain, you lose something else...

I happen to love the Cayman, had no problems with it in career. But I'm not really a tuner other than the basics (gearbox, downforce and fuel!) and part of the fun for me is learning to drive around the issues.
Yeah I also have now bought AC, PC2, GTS and DirtRally to get the best of all worlds. Funnily enough for the moment I'm enjoying FH4 the most because i can use my wheel and shifter setup and feel pretty professional driving around (plus it looks sensational on the XBX). Hopefully I can get better with the other games over time.

Yeah I also have now bought AC, PC2, GTS and DirtRally to get the best of all worlds. Funnily enough for the moment I'm enjoying FH4 the most because i can use my wheel and shifter setup and feel pretty professional driving around (plus it looks sensational on the XBX). Hopefully I can get better with the other games over time.
hehe I am the same playing the crew 2 atm

I find it really hard to bounce between arcade and sim titles (or simcade if we want to get anal!), especially with the wheel.

That's why I stick primarily to the Big 3. But I confess I did just pick up Burnout Paradise Remastered on PS+ for their Black Friday $5 special... But I'll stick to that on the pad just for a bit of a lark! God help me if I start to take that game seriously!

Back