MainBanner-1.jpg

Welcome to week 92 of the Certain Car Certain Location Competition​

Week 90 Winner, Rayquaza

ThemeBanner-1.jpg

Car: Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C4) 1990
Edit Rule: 2.0
Poll: All

RulesBanner-1.jpg

• You may submit one entry. It must be your own work and not previously entered in a competition.
    [*]You may only change your entry once. When changing it, indicate clearly (please, when doing this, edit your post with your new entry, do not submit a new post with a new entry);
    [*]Please mark your Final Entry clearly.
    [*]Your entry may not exceed the poll character limit. (5 characters are enough to name your image). If your entry exceeds it, the link to the full size image, will be removed.
    [*]We recommend you use a free image hosting service such as or
    [*]You must post your entry either as a thumbnail, or as a preview linked to the full image - see here for instructions .
    [*]Previews should be no larger than 400 pixels along the longest side - be it vertical or horizontal - and should not have more or less effects than the full size image.
    [*]Photos must be taken from a normal version of GT4, do not use any cheats or Game Shark codes to modify the game content.
    [*]Please do not ask other members to choose your entry. Have confidence in your own skills and go with your favorite shot.
    [*]The theme chooser cannot enter the competition he is judging.

Image enhancement rules
(what you can and can't do in Photoshop etc.)

• Edit Rules

Allowed Photoshop tools list:

Lasso;
    Crop;
    Clone stamp;
    Smudge; Blur; Sharpen;
    Dodge; Burn; Sponge;
    Gradient.

Allowed Photoshop Adjustments:
    Levels;
    Curves;
    Color balance;
    Brightness & Contrast;
    Black & White;
    Hue/Saturation;
    Desaturate;
    Photo filters;
    Shadow & Highlight;
    Exposure.

Allowed Photoshop Filters:
    Blur;
    Distort - Diffuse glow;
    Noise;
    Render - Lighting effects;
    Sharpen;
    Other - High pass.

[Note:No plug-ins for any of the above adjustments or filters are to be used]

What you may not do to a photo.
    You may not alter the geometry of the car. This includes adding body kits, stickers, etc.;
    You may not add/remove anything from the car (spoilers, carbon fiber, intercoolers...not even if you use allowed tools/effects -Rims are an exception);
    Nothing from outside GT4 may be added to your photo.

What you may do in a photo:
    You may migrate wheels from phototravel to in-game photmode;
    Scale (or enlarge) rims;
    Remove license plates.

DeadlineBanner-1.jpg

September 26

Last edited:
Great entries speedemon and GrumpE.

I hate to close this with so few entries, I'll leave it open until...say, the 30th maybe?

(I'm working on an entry, by the way)

EDIT: Here's my crappy entry, at least the blur is decent.

FINAL ENTRY

Last edited:
Come on guys! We need more entries! Seems like after I took over this comp everybody lost interest in it. :lol:

I will enter...maybe tomorrow if I have time to edit it. I did take a shot though, and I like it... But don't hold it open for me. I will try to get to it at some point tomorrow though...

Final Entry

Oh Hai guys not done any of these in a while, infact I've not touched GT4 in ages. Anyway I need to brush up on my photoshop skills for my photography course so I thought I should get back into these comps again.
@SVX, Bram did a guide somewhere on how to make blur like that in Photoshop.

Looks great Sweetshop, you don't need to brush up that much. Cracking entry!

Final Entry

Oh Hai guys not done any of these in a while, infact I've not touched GT4 in ages. Anyway I need to brush up on my photoshop skills for my photography course so I thought I should get back into these comps again.
@SVX, Bram did a guide somewhere on how to make blur like that in Photoshop.

But I don't have photshop,kinda,it CS2indesgin but I use GIMP more.

And nice shot BTW.

Thanks for coming in and murdering the competition, Sweet. Nice to see you back.

I think I'm going to redo my shot, not very happy with it.

Haha thankyou guys.

SVX, I'm sure it can be done in GIMP, the basics are cut out the car and make several layers without the car in them. Blur the background layers but not the car. Merge the image back together and edit as you would from there. The only thing that wouldn't make sense in Bram's guide is the menu system. As long as you can find the tools it shouldn't matter what your using.

I never understood all that layers stuff. It seemed like the tutorials didn't explain it enough for me to understand it.

Back