CCR: Blancpain GT Sprint - Silverstone GP 25/03/15Finished 

ColouredBadger

(Banned)
England
England
ColouredBadger
5of95e.jpg

CCR is opening its doors for an Endurance Race for the GT Planet community to get involved. You can have a taster of how we race and the fun we have when we do it. We take the racing seriously, but if you're not having fun then you're taking it too seriously. We'll be giving information on how to join our group if you enjoyed the race and would like to be involved in our small community.

Race Description

The race will be a 60 minute timed race done in the style of the Blancpain Sprint Series races.

The CCR race etiquette is to race clean, fair and respectfully of other drivers. We give drivers room and pass cleanly wherever we can. If an accident occurs then you let the person back past you, giving up the place you took. Standard etiquette online. Any brake-checking, excessive contact or pushing is strictly forbidden.

We only want racers who race properly, but like to have fun doing it.

The lobby will be a Public Lobby and titled 'CCR: GT3 Endurance'. We will only allow people to participate who have booked a car in this thread. Look out for my alternate account name of CorsairBadger.

Times

Wednesday 25th March

21:00 GMT: Lobby Opening Time
21:45 GMT: Qualification
22:00 GMT: Race

Track

Silverstone Grand Prix

Race Length: 60 Minutes
Track Time: 13:30
Time Progression: 3
Weather: 0%
Weather Changeability: 0

Qualification

There will be a 15 minute timed Qualifying Session before the race. We will start from the Pits so this should give you 6 laps to get your fastest lap time.

Race

60 Minute Timed Race

We will be using the pre-race Gran Turismo Qualification and will go straight into the race afterwards.

A formation Lap will happen from the 60 Minute countdown. The CCR rules for this are as follows. Max. Speed of 100 mph around the whole track. Stay in grid order throughout the lap and reduce speed to 60mph/120kmh before the final few corners. Allow everyone to reform the grid in a double file formation. Please maintain 60mph/120kmh until the Purple Best Lap Time comes up on the screen. This is Green Light.

Pitstops

There will be ONE mandatory pitstop during the race. To enforce this there will be a Pit Window between 25 and 35 minutes. You must make your pitstop during this window or a time penalty of 30 seconds will be added.

The Cars

Each car has it's own specific regulations. PP cheating (Adding power parts and engine restricting) will not be allowed so make sure you are at the exact power, weight and PP for your car. I will be checking these regulations and if you are not conforming then you'll be asked to alter your regs, if you fail to do so then you WILL be kicked from the lobby before the race.

Audi R8 LMS Ultra Team Phoenix

-Power: 484 Bhp
-Weight: 1,290 Kg
-PP: 586

BMW Z4 GT3

-Power: 483 Bhp
-Weight: 1,245 Kg
-PP: 583

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) LM Race Car

-Power: 489 Bhp
-Weight: 1,245 Kg
-PP: 569

Mercedes SLS GT3

-Power: 508 Bhp
-Weight: 1,350 Kg
-PP: 598

Nissan Nismo GT-R GT3

-Power: 542 Bhp
-Weight: 1,350 Kg
-PP: 600

Tyre Compound

Race Medium

Car Booking

Cars will have to be booked to allow for a diverse grid and to know who will be attending the race. Anyone who did not book a car will not be allowed to race with us. We're only allowing 14 cars on the grid so that we can have a better connection during the race.

Audi R8 LMS Ultra:
CorsairBadger
Audi R8 LMS Ultra: Available

BMW Z4 GT3:
Gusta_Mes
BMW Z4 GT3: Adrian_Cameron

Mercedes SLS GT3:
GTP_Iainoflo
Mercedes SLS GT3: Ph1sher
Mercedes SLS GT3: Robabt111
Mercedes SLS GT3: Sambloxxy

Nissan GT-R RJN
:
Otune13
Nissan GT-R RJN: Available
Nissan GT-R Schulze: Available
Nissan GT-R Schulze: Available

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 LM Race Car:
SERIALF
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 LM Race Car: Available

Once a car is booked, no one else can use it so if you have a favourite then get it booked quickly.

CCR Members get first choice in the car bookings but we will only have around 5 or 6 join us so there is still a lot of places available.

Any ability is welcomed so as long as you enjoy your racing then it doesn't matter if you're the fastest or not. It's CCR's opinions on racers.

Last edited:
I very much like this idea, and i also have Wednesdays available to race! I just need to know which timezone your in on the ps3, that way i can compare and find out if i have any appointments that day, also I would like to run the Mercedes GT3 if possible. I'm curious about a few things since everyone is serious here about racing, first things first, do you run with people who use a wired internet connection or is wireless allowed? Secondly, do most of the drivers use a disc to play the game or do they have the game downloaded to their ps3 HDD/SSD? I am wired and i have the game downloaded to my HDD, it seems to run a lot smoother overall online especially.

go6
I very much like this idea, and i also have Wednesdays available to race! I just need to know which timezone your in on the ps3, that way i can compare and find out if i have any appointments that day, also I would like to run the Mercedes GT3 if possible. I'm curious about a few things since everyone is serious here about racing, first things first, do you run with people who use a wired internet connection or is wireless allowed? Secondly, do most of the drivers use a disc to play the game or do they have the game downloaded to their ps3 HDD/SSD? I am wired and i have the game downloaded to my HDD, it seems to run a lot smoother overall online especially.

Thank you for your interest.

Our times are GMT/BST as we are mainly based in the UK. Our lobby times are based upon UK times.

CCR ins't that serious. We're a casual racing community that does it for fun. We're not that anal about things. As long as you don't cause lag or have connection issues then you're good to go. We are strict with the regulations of the cars (to make good, close racing) but in terms of other things it's gentlemen drivers playing a game. So wired, wireless, disc or install, it makes no difference to us as long as you don't cause issues with lag and disrupt other's gameplay with it. :D

Four drivers from CCR are attending so far and I expect another two to be joining very soon.

GT Planet players shouldn't be put off by the fact that we are an organised group. The casual fun aspect is our main aim and winning or losing is not everything as long as it was a fun race. Microphones are encouraged (not banned) so that everyone can be involved with the banter and the fun.

@go6 shall I put you in for a Mercedes SLS? It'd be good to have you racing among us if our time-zones don't collide.

I'll take the Mercedes SLS

It'll be good to race with you guys again! Miss you all :cheers:

I'll take the Mercedes SLS

It'll be good to race with you guys again! Miss you all :cheers:

Hello Phish, not seen you around in ages mate. Look out for my other account - CorsairBadger - or send a friend request to it as I think you're still on my ColouredBadger one?

I'll add your name into the car selection above.

Hello Phish, not seen you around in ages mate. Look out for my other account - CorsairBadger - or send a friend request to it as I think you're still on my ColouredBadger one?

I'll add your name into the car selection above.
I'll add you later today 👍

Thanks!

7 people booked in for the race so it should be a decent fight.

Last chances to get your cars for this race, I promise it'll be a good one! :D

Hello @ColouredBadger
Felling tempted to enter but I'm not a fassst guy (I'm doing the Wrs TT's and still in div.3). I would take a chance anyway since the purpose is clean fun! Give me your opinion pls

The cars are stock and power reduced or are fully tunnable within the PP limits (Z06 is 616pp at stock, no oil change)?
Can change the RM's at pit stop or stay with same compound all the time?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I'd like to sign up to this, sounds like a great format! I'll take the remaining SLS please. My PSN name is: sbloxxy

Can we tune these cars (suspension, lsd, aero etc) or is it as-standard?

Thanks,

Sam

@Serialf, Hello. We don't mind if you're the fastest in GT Planet or just getting to grips with racing online. As long as it's clean and fair then it's all good in our eyes. Our normal format does a Pro and Pro-Am style format that is determined by a Qualifier so that the fastest and the normal aren't racing directly but as this is on GT Planet we cannot do that.

The cars are stock power after an oil change. Meaning NO extra power parts to be added for the race as the engine will limit enough to the regulations for each car. I have tried to replicate the real life regulations with these cars as best I can but still keeping them balanced. Some CCR members can match real life GT3 times at Bathurst and Brands Hatch with these regs.

Tyres must stay the same compound throughout the entire race, including practice and qualifying.

@Sambloxxy, Hi. The cars can be tuned but there must not be any power parts added to the car. Suspension, Aero, Brakes, Transmission and LSD are all open to tuning. I shall add you into the car list above and
I shall add your PSN (if I remember lol)

I hope that answers all questions you both asked.:cheers:

Hi @ColouredBadger,

I just wanted to check with you about the bhp figures. You mention in one of your posts that the cars are stock power after an oil change, but my SLS GT3 is showing a much higher bhp than the regs at the start of the thread (I think oil its 598bhp). I'm guessing that's been done to keep cars balanced, but just wanted to double check:).

Also, out of interest, what is the Tyre/Fuel depletion set to for your races?

Thanks,

Sam

@Sambloxxy. Yeah, the engines are limited back to reflect more realistic regulations as Gran Turismo isn't exactly accurate in what they put in the game. Proving example. There's a contradiction in figures for the Nissan GT3. The car weighs 1,350Kg in-game but in the Car Description it says 1,300Kg (also in-game) so I wouldn't go on the SLS's stock figures as truth to real life. Lol... All you need to do is restrict your engine back to the power regulations and you're good.
I matched the cars to the Blancpain BOP regulations on their website so they are pretty close to the real life counterparts (give or take a few numbers due to balancing in-game). I only say "Stock" to stop people adding the extra parts to PP Cheat. :D

The Tyre and Fuel will be set to 'Normal' as tyres last around 40 minutes on those settings and fit nicely with the Pit Window, but still allows for some preservation in your driving.

I hope that long winded reply answers your question. lol :cheers:

@ColouredBadger thanks for all the info, that's cool that you've matched it actual Blancpain BOP stats

I had to convert most of it from PS as it's a European site (not sure where) but it's pretty close. We did a test race last week on CCR which had 1st, 2nd and 3rd finish 0.8 seconds apart over a 17 minute race. Not sure how close it'll be over 60 minutes but it has potential at least.

The fastest lap was a 1:59.7 something, so the pace will probably be around the 2 minute mark up at the front but we have other members lapping around 2:04 so there should be battles throughout the grid. Just wanted to share that bit of information so that you don't feel like we're all super-fast semi-professionals or anything. Lol

Edit

We hosted a Club Time Trial for members so they can compare times and the top 3 are;

1:59.212
1:59.450
1:59.471

That's with 3 different cars. The race pace won't be at this fast though.

@ColouredBadger, pls inscribe me if it is still the time. Corvette. My PSN: SERIALF
I'm going to send you a friend request.

Still time. I'm going to stop taking entries at 8pm UK time. I shall enter you into the list above with your car. Free practice starts at 21:00 and runs through to 21:40.

It's good to have 9 potential racers tonight. Lets make it a good one! :D

It was a great race last night and as the co-existence of CCR Members and GT Planet Racers moulded quite well on track. We will be doing more races in future in the same style as this one asking GT Planet racers to join us in our racing adventures.

We managed to gain a new member from the night so it was a success all around. Hope to see some of you soon, when we share the next CCR/GTP Endurance Race!

Some pictures from the race. Thank you to all of you who took part and made it a good race. Everyone else, you missed out. :P

Race Start

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_4.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_5.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_6.jpg

A few laps in

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_7.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_8.jpg

Pit Stops

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_9.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_10.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_11.jpg

Chequered Flag taken by CCR's Adrian.

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_12.jpg

After a 60 minute race the top 6 drivers were separated by less than 10 seconds. Was a good race overall, especially mid-pack. Hopefully the next one will have a larger field!

Back