CFM's Live Racing League. Starting soon...check in if interested!

• Thread starter CFM
  • 27 comments

CFM

GTP FORZA 2 LIVE RACING LEAGUE INFO
cfmmiatagt1.jpg

Hi all you fellw Forza 2 fans. Basically what I am planning on doing is organizing a group of drivers from GTP who will race clean and with good sportsmanship. The format I am proposing is as follows:

1) Races will be done between 1-3 nights a week, depending on interest levels. No one is required to race every event. There will be no points scheme or anything at first. If there is sufficient interest, this may be added later.

2) Times for races will be announced well in advance, so people can plan ahead. An email list may be started where I or another race organizer can send out times in advance so everyone is aware of all scheduled events. Races will be scheduled at different times to accomodate drivers from North America, Europe, Australia, etc.

3) All races will be run using full damage/wear/fuel/manual transmission, and NO AIDS. If you are not comfortable with these settings yet, it will provide a good way to get acclimated quickly. Any view can be used. Grid order will be set to random.

4) At firts, all races will have the "Force stock upgrades and tuning" option enabled, and all drivers will use the same car. This is to even the playing field at first. Later on once everyone has been participating for a bit we can all discuss adding tuned cars. Paint jobs still show up under this option so feel free to paint your heart out. Races will be run in all classes from D to R1.

5) After each race, the driver who finishes last gets to choose the car for the next race. Tracks may be planned in advance and ran in a series each racing session, or may be chosen by the second to last place driver.

6) Good sportsmanship and clean driving is expected from all drivers at all times. Accidents will happen of course, but every effort should be made to avoid contact with other drivers. Repeated offenses or complaints from other drivers may be grounds for removal from the series.

Basically, I am checking to see if there is any interest in this type of racing. I ran the WRS here at GTP for 6 months and can provide a organized and fair event for all those interested. Anyone else who can handle the resposibility of running this type of event is also welcome to organize and run events in this series alongside me, as this will take a bit of work to maintian. If you are interested in either participating or administrating, please post below, including you Live gamertag, as well as any suggestions for race nights/times/formats/etc. Also feel free to add me to your friends list on XBOX Live and get in touch with me via chat or PM here at GTP. Hopefully we can get something going that will be alot of fun for everybody.👍

INTERESTED DRIVERS LIST:
CFM - The Mighty CFM
chaser_fan - juanchai
Steeda - JuggleNutz
nitro_2005 - woodwiss
MistaX - MistaX
socomplayer2 - GRSINNJ90
Ebiggs - Ebiggs
Tedehur - Tedehur
ROAD_DOGG33J - holycOw
DWA - vprfrk
YSSMAN - YSSMAN
Ryosuke_Gumna - Tau88
Dave A - The Manc 1982

I'm interested in joining in as I want to race with people who enjoy racing and not driving around the track backwards trying to knock everyone off. My only problem is that I am on a completely different timezone to most people here other than the Aussies, as I live in Hong Kong. I think my appearances wouldn't be very consistant making a league a bit of a no go for me. But for the time being if it's all just for fun, I'm in...

In if you can define "night"

I simply cannot do 10PM EST or later during the week.

I'll race when I can, which probably won't be too often with my completely random work schedules.

GT - Ebiggs.

Edit: Any thoughts about doing a WRS? I would definitely compete in that since I'd have plenty of time.

In if you can define "night"

I simply cannot do 10PM EST or later during the week.

I'm planning on having events at all different times, since I work from 7PM to 7AM. On my nights off I usually stay up all night until at least 5 or 6 in the morning or even later. Some nights we could start around 6 or 7 PM EST also. It all depends on what kind of response we get to this thread. I'm thinking Fri, Sat, or Sun nights might be good for some of us, let me know what you think. After this Friday, I have two weeks off of work so I can do a few events then to see how the turnout will be. I'll make some plans in a few more days and discuss with you all in this thread about when the first event should be. Hopefully a few more people will show some interest by then. If any of you have anybody on your Live friends list that you know are good people then they are welcome also, GTP membership isn't required of course.

@Ebiggs - I've done the WRS thing for years now and I'm pretty tired of it. Now that online racing is a reality that's where my interest lies...thousands of hotlaps by my self doesn't appeal to me anymore.:crazy:

count me in i have ben trying to find something like this for awhile. i was originaly a member of koudosracing.net but pgr2 had nothing compared to forza. just one question i only have forza 1. will that be a prob? hope not but if so its cool.

That sounds interesting, so count me in too.
I hope that the race schedules will fit into my planning. I live in France so I'm 6 to 9 hours ahead of US time.
And since I play roughly from 10pm to 1am, that means I can join races between 3pm/6pm NY time, or 1pm/4pm LA time.
Not really promising :(

BTW Todd, do you plan to update the interested drivers list in post #1 ? Or else I'll do it later.

count me in i have ben trying to find something like this for awhile. i was originaly a member of koudosracing.net but pgr2 had nothing compared to forza. just one question i only have forza 1. will that be a prob? hope not but if so its cool.

Sorry, it's only for Forza 2. If you buy Forza 2 then you'll be welcome to participate.

Ok, I guess I'll make a double post, hopefully no lawsuit will ensue.:)

I was thinking that this Sunday, July 8 might be a good time for an event, about 3 P.M. EST. I'm throwing this out there to see what kind of response this will get. On Fri. I will send messages to all those who have shown interest, and hopefully we can get 5 or 6 drivers together for some laps. Let me know guys.

Lets put it this way, I'm interested (as I always love a good race), but we'll have to see with times. As with a lot of folks here, work can do a lot to screw things up, so we'll see what happens.

Per this suggested time on Sunday, I can already say that I won't be in attendance; I'll be working.

Lets put it this way, I'm interested (as I always love a good race), but we'll have to see with times. As with a lot of folks here, work can do a lot to screw things up, so we'll see what happens.

Per this suggested time on Sunday, I can already say that I won't be in attendance; I'll be working.

Yes, I know it will be a problem to get a bunch of people together. I was hoping for about 15-20 people to show interest, so that chances are we could get 5-6 for each event. This may be hard to do however since not a lot have shown interest so far.:guilty:

As far as contacting each of you, would you all prefer an email message, a PM here at GTP, or a message via xbox live? I'll be sending out something tomorrow to let everyone know about Sunday.

Your pic game me an idea, like a mazda miata spec race or somethinglike that or mabey like a e36 races.... i dont know theres lots of possibilities.

CFM
Yes, I know it will be a problem to get a bunch of people together. I was hoping for about 15-20 people to show interest, so that chances are we could get 5-6 for each event. This may be hard to do however since not a lot have shown interest so far.:guilty:

As far as contacting each of you, would you all prefer an email message, a PM here at GTP, or a message via xbox live? I'll be sending out something tomorrow to let everyone know about Sunday.

I'll try to make it on Sunday. 3 PM Eastern will work out to right after the Formula 1 race on FOX.

I think my messages would be better through PMs, since I check this site often. But an Xbox message wouldn't be that much worse. In either case, I think I will be checking this thread anyway, so do what is more convenient.

I'm interested, but timing is critical. So far I haven't raced anyone off this site, I'd really like to but I don't often get the chance. TYhough I have had my XB360 on more than usual the last week or two, I've spent more time with DiRT than Forza 2 in the last week.

OK, I have sent PM's to all those who have shown interest so far. Please let me know if you are planning on participating for sure or not. Thanks for the suggestions in the thread so far. If this becomes sucsessful, then we can do all kinds of differt styles of racing in the future. 👍

Alright I'll be starting a session one hour from now, if anyone wants to join just add me to your friends list and send me a message. I've added all those who've show interest to my friends list, hope to see you all online sometime.

If you want to set a race session up tomorrow as well though I'll happily join that. Provided it isn't while I'm in bed.

BTW 3pm EST on Sunday the 8th is oaky if I'm in. That's about 8pm here, it juist depends on if I'm in or not.

If you want to set a race session up tomorrow as well though I'll happily join that. Provided it isn't while I'm in bed.

BTW 3pm EST on Sunday the 8th is oaky if I'm in. That's about 8pm here, it juist depends on if I'm in or not.

That was 3 hours before you made this post.

You know what, I've been working like mad this weekend and got my weekends in a muddle :dunce:.

I guess I won't be online at that time :lol:.

Just realized today that online racing is only available to Xbox Live Gold members. Which I am until my one month trial period expires next week.
And I'm not planning to pay an extra cent to MyCrookSoft.
So I guess you'll have to count me out.
See you online on GT5.

Back