Challege for 200 mph Suzuki GSX/R '01

  • Thread starter Thread starter sMondo
  • 9 comments
  • 861 views
Messages
29
Well as the title says, I have been trying to get this
car to hit 200mph at the big test track. 197 mph is all
I can get out of it (no drafting/slipstreaming).
My car is fully modded useing supersoft tires.

Can any one here beat this challenge and hit the magic 200?
I have tried for 2 straight days now.
 
Try using Super Hards, they might help. I think its better to have harder tyres when trying to go top speed, because of less friction. I am probably wrong though
 
Hard tires should make it faster in a straight line than soft tires. Also have you tried reducing downforce and ride height.
 
no your right harder is better for speed, just look at the silverstone GP all of the cars use hard compunds for the tire because of the straights and high speed turns.
 
d12dotcom
Try using Super Hards, they might help. I think its better to have harder tyres when trying to go top speed, because of less friction. I am probably wrong though
I think it's rolling resistance, not friction.
Might want to try economy tires. The point of those (in real life) is to increase gas mileage by having super-low rolling resistance.
 
xXSilencerXx
Hard tires should make it faster in a straight line than soft tires. Also have you tried reducing downforce and ride height.

Yes I have tried that. In fact no downforce at all and it makes no diff for
the ride height. Have not thought to try the hard tires. I want say that I
have tried every gear and trans ratio because they are numerous. LOL I
have used 3 diff cars to keep from wearing them out,even then I had to do
a refresh on one.

Thanks to everyone for your replies.
 
how much is 200mph in kmh ,320? no?

my top speed with it is almost 400kmh fully modded of course and with nitro
 
Hard tires at the rear doesn't always work because they sometimes lose traction. You should do some experimentation on that. SuperHards in the front is fine.
Did you stiffen the suspension and lower it as much as possible? I don't remember if the Suzuki has built in downforce, but you could add a wing and set it for zero downforce just in case. If the Suzuki can use snow or dirt tires, try them also. You could also run the car a lot of miles and then add oil to see if when the engine breaks in it gains more hp. When I get the chance I'm gonna experiment with mine.
 
SirBerra
Hard tires at the rear doesn't always work because they sometimes lose traction. You should do some experimentation on that. SuperHards in the front is fine.
Did you stiffen the suspension and lower it as much as possible? I don't remember if the Suzuki has built in downforce, but you could add a wing and set it for zero downforce just in case. If the Suzuki can use snow or dirt tires, try them also. You could also run the car a lot of miles and then add oil to see if when the engine breaks in it gains more hp. When I get the chance I'm gonna experiment with mine.

Hey 100, yes nitro would take it there, but it will not maintain the speed
once all the nitro is gone.

SirBerra- I have tried supersoft to superhard tires = no diff
It has the wing and is set to 0-0, anything else slows it down.
I have tried with and without the frame stiffner = no diff
Hp with all mods and oil change = 275, you will gain no more
horses from having a lot of miles, in fact you will start loseing<sp>
some after a time.

If this car can hit 200mph "without nitros", it will be in the right gearing and
trans setup.
 
Back