Challenge Accepted

  • Thread starter Thread starter thuban2
  • 21 comments
  • 1,616 views
Messages
13
United Kingdom
UK
Im bored of sport mode, so let's set each other some challenges. These aren't meant to be the very hardest thing I could come up with, im sure many of you could breeze through this.

Nordschleife
1 lap
Gr3
Beginner
BoP off. Car fully tuned? (If you want..)
Opponents in Gr2
You start first
No boost, slipstream real

It will sadden me if you can all win this race, because I could not. But im not THAT far away. Avoiding being rammed off is the hardest part.

Go go go?
 
Last edited:
After a couple of tries I managed to do it
Corvette Gr. 3, BoP no tune. My pedal's acting faulty and I'm in a bit of a hurry so the lap isn't the cleanest of all :O but the penalties ensured that my accidental cuts were slower than if I didn't go through them, so hopefully you'll consider it as valid ;)

Video coming soon
 
I didn’t even know you could race against a different class of race cars
I’ll have to try this later
 
For a while i tried something similar with Gr.4 vs. Gr.3 on Dragon Trail (Guess I should mention now that it was - seaside). Boost off, Opponent difficulty Pro, Corner cutting hardest (can't remember what the game calls it) and fuel and tire wear both x6.

I tried different lengths of race from 5 laps to 2 hour endurance but couldn't get anywhere near!

May have to try this Nurb one though! What distance did you start with between cars??
 
May have to try this Nurb one though! What distance did you start with between cars??

114ft.
Best I could manage was sixth this morning.

---

Nice video AC. As the highest arbiter of justice in this thread, I will *allow* it.

---

I should have mentioned I had BoP off and car fully tuned. But no micromanagement tuning- because im not smart enough for that.

---

EDIT: I got first by changing the starting intervals to the maximum. It was very close.

I'll try shorter intervals and/or intermediate difficulty when I get home.
 
Last edited:
114ft.
Best I could manage was sixth this morning.

---

Nice video AC. As the highest arbiter of justice in this thread, I will *allow* it.

---

I should have mentioned I had BoP off and car fully tuned. But no micromanagement tuning- because im not smart enough for that.

---

EDIT: I got first by changing the starting intervals to the maximum. It was very close.

I'll try shorter intervals and/or intermediate difficulty when I get home.
Fully tuned as in max hp and min weight or is it the suspension and all?
If it's the latter then I recommend BoP, since without it the pace of the Gr. 3 cars are all over the place. On one end we have a Viper with 670 hp, and on the other a McLaren that's barely 500 hp, so you get the idea :lol:

Intermediate sounds doable. I'll try that :)

Edit: I managed to beat Intermediate! :D did only one major mistake :)
It'd be impossible for me to beat Professional at this point :lol: unless I set up my car and RSS, but even then it'll only be a 50/50 :p

Video otw
 
Last edited:
Any tyre restrictions?
 


Plenty of time left there... grp3 can run under 6'30 on RH with BoP on (record on the circuit experience is c.6'24 in the M6).

If you want to make it a proper challenge it will most likely need to be Pro difficulty, BoP on, RH tyres. Allow tuning (suspension and/or power/weight) and better tyres and a grp3 would murder AI grp2.
 
Plenty of time left there... grp3 can run under 6'30 on RH with BoP on (record on the circuit experience is c.6'24 in the M6).

If you want to make it a proper challenge it will most likely need to be Pro difficulty, BoP on, RH tyres. Allow tuning (suspension and/or power/weight) and better tyres and a grp3 would murder AI grp2.
I'm not pushing it at 100% in this run, but I did try Pro before completing the beginner. It's so much harder than it seems :lol: They'd try to (and they most probably will) divebomb you into the nose and actually pass you. And when you let a car pass you're dead since their cornering speeds are too fast

Maybe I'll try it one time, but when I have hours on my hands ;)
 
Any tyre restrictions?

I was on hard tyres, I should have said.

---

Nice going everyone, I knew it would be cracked pretty easily. If it's something I can do/almost do, it must be easily doable to B rank up.

Its still a nice way to get more life out of the game now that I am bored with sport mode.

This challenge can be pushed forward in difficulty, and doesn't have to be winnable. We could make it your best finish when starting first- even if that happens to be seventh on professional.

I'll give intermediate a try for a while.
 
A new challenge has appeared

I think this warrants a new post.

Brands Hatch GP
9 laps
Begin 1/20
Max interval distance
No BoP, Max engine, Min weight
No other modifications
No fuel/tyres
No boost, real slipstream
Gr3- (im in a FT-1 VGT)
Gr2 opponents
Intermediate difficulty

Please upload your inevitible victories for my entertainment.

My failure of a first attempt is uploaded tag1- challenge
 
2nd, 0.592 off 1st on my 1st try, pro difficulty, using the viper.

Stock, BoP, RH tyres.

Easy enough to get a decent lead, but hard to hold them off on the final straight when they bunch up.
 
Hmmm, not sure if possible on RH. Won comfortably on RSS in the Vette, so might have another try, reducing tyre grade each time.

Needed about a 3s lead on to the back straight for them not to swamp me on the long drag up the hill.
 
2nd, 0.592 off 1st on my 1st try, pro difficulty, using the viper.

Stock, BoP, RH tyres.

Easy enough to get a decent lead, but hard to hold them off on the final straight when they bunch up.
Nice :D

Hmm. Maybe a Mustang could give you precious milliseconds on the straight? Idk not that I can do it myself :lol:
I wonder what happened to that one AI that was stuck at the start.
Oh yeah you're right. I noticed it just now
Didn't save the replay rip :(
 
needed about a 3s lead on to the back straight for them not to swamp me on the long drag up the hill.

I haven't achieved much results wise, but it has produced some exciting racing compared to what you'd normally get with the AI. Passes and then repasses into wheel to wheel.
 
I haven't achieved much results wise, but it has produced some exciting racing compared to what you'd normally get with the AI. Passes and then repasses into wheel to wheel.
The technique I used is to get into as little battles as possible with the AI, and focus on building a gap

If they get close to me I don't let them pass as much as I can, but rather hog the middle lane where I know they won't risk it. The battles you see on the intermediate difficulty are honestly just big slip-ups for me and I actually thought on both occassions that I have to restart again :lol:
 
A new challenge has appeared

I think this warrants a new post.

Brands Hatch GP
9 laps
Begin 1/20
Max interval distance
No BoP, Max engine, Min weight
No other modifications
No fuel/tyres
No boost, real slipstream
Gr3- (im in a FT-1 VGT)
Gr2 opponents
Intermediate difficulty

Please upload your inevitible victories for my entertainment.

My failure of a first attempt is uploaded tag1- challenge

I think this is possible with stock RSR, RH, BoP on, pro difficulty. I got to lap 5 1st try, before they barged past me, and start of lap 8 2nd try.

Need to eat now, but may come back to it another time.

AI are very forceful if they see even the smallest gap :lol:
 
Custom race time trial challenge


Gr.3 car of choice
Circuit de la Sarthe(with chicanes)
4 laps
Start P1/20
Bop on
RH tires
Fuel x6
Tires x9
Opponents Gr3 professional
Short cut penalties on strong

Time to beat: 16‘18:80

Note: Similarities between these race settings and the upcoming race C on Sunday are purely coincidental:D

Edit: New time to beat 16‘14:38. If someone is interested.
 
Last edited:
Back