[Challenge!] How well do you know that track? (ZR1 video going online now)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deuce350z
  • 21 comments
  • 2,347 views
Messages
78
Messages
Deuce350z
Messages
Duece350z
How well do you know that track?
This is all about knowing the track layout by heart, I challenge the community to come up with some great videos showing just how well they know the track by utilizing the night time racing with low beam headlights.

There are a couple of requirements in order to submit a video -
A) The race has to be done at night
B) You can only use low beam lights
C) No map or hud information during the race
D) The video has to be recorded from inside "My Lounge" live during the race to ensure people aren't following ghosts.
E) No requirements in view mode, drive what suites you best.

I'll start by posting my first video from Nurburgring shot at 11:50pm in the amuse 350z.

 
Last edited:
Your vid isnt accessable. Maybe you made a mistake uploading it.
Oh ok. Fair enough. I just saw it :-)
 
Crazy stuff! The elevation changes don't look as pronounced in the dark making it even easier to get lost
 
You should make the requirements more challenging. I think the use of the map interface ruins the challenge some what. Can it be disabled? (I haven't used the settings for the map yet)
Also how about having to drive in cockpit view with a car that has limited visibility such as the C4 WRC zoomed all the way out. Then we really know if someone knows the track :). I personally don't know the Nurburgring very well but I'm sure some do know it very well especially Chris as he has raced for real there.
 
You should make the requirements more challenging. I think the use of the map interface ruins the challenge some what. Can it be disabled? (I haven't used the settings for the map yet)
Also how about having to drive in cockpit view with a car that has limited visibility such as the C4 WRC zoomed all the way out. Then we really know if someone knows the track :). I personally don't know the Nurburgring very well but I'm sure some do know it very well especially Chris as he has raced for real there.

I like your idea, I changed the rules to map off and you have to drive in cockpit view, now i'm redoing my video :)
 
I like your idea, I changed the rules to map off and you have to drive in cockpit view, now i'm redoing my video :)

Look forward to watching your lap. Should be interesting ;).
 
I'd love to try this but I dont have a video capure device that I can run while playing live :grumpy:
 
Well my video card decided to go out on me so I won't be getting any new videos uploaded anytime soon. I have been playing around with the cockpit view and I hate to say it but I think it takes away from the experience, unless there's a force feedback seat the vibrations in the cockpit throw me off. I'll leave it optional at this time for folks to choose their preferred view, but i'll leave the map option disabled.
 
Were you just connecting your ps3 to your pc's video card and using some software to record?

How did you do it?
 
I'm using the blackmagic intensity capture card, connected to the PS3 via rgb connections then outputting to hdmi to my big screen.
 
Last edited:
Thats just insane LOL
 
ZR1 video going online now, should be done in about 30 minutes.
 
Last edited:
Actually I was doing an online race on nurburgring, night time with rain and on sport tires, that's what inspired me to do this.

I think i'll have to do my next video in the rain. :)
 
How about the HKS CT230R in the ring with rain :scared::sly:

LOL - well... I tried it, but found it kinda hard when I had no lights at all. I don't know the track quite that well. :crazy:
 
I'm using the blackmagic intensity capture card, connected to the PS3 via rgb connections then outputting to hdmi to my big screen.
Sorry, don't want to hijiack... just wanted to know as I am planning on getting the Intensity Shuttle... Are you finding the PS3 and the Intensity working well together?
 
I just did a lap in the HKS CT230R on Nordschleife, no hud, no map :) My time was 9'35.441 but it wasn't entirely crash free. Although I managed to go full speed all the way from the drop to the big right corner (Schwalbenschwantz).
 
Sorry, don't want to hijiack... just wanted to know as I am planning on getting the Intensity Shuttle... Are you finding the PS3 and the Intensity working well together?

No problem man, i'm loving it and it works really well. If you use Adobe Premiere you'll want to make sure Premiere is installed before you install the intensity software, it installs a profile used for the intensity MJPEG codec... otherwise it's a pain in the arse to get the videos de-interlaced correctly
 
I just did a lap in the HKS CT230R on Nordschleife, no hud, no map :) My time was 9'35.441 but it wasn't entirely crash free. Although I managed to go full speed all the way from the drop to the big right corner (Schwalbenschwantz).

That's awesome man you should post the video i'd love to see it!
 
Back