Challenge Mode!

• Thread starter sicbeing
  • 5 comments
Cribanox
So, I've recently won my first, second, and third stage in lvl 18 on S ranking. These seem to be the hardest to get used to, but it tought me a lot about drifting that i didnt already know.

I seem to be just completly stuck on stage4. Anyone have any tips? Use clutch? etc?

Stage 4 is the Caterham one, right? I must humbly tell you that I used the clutch to get "S" on that one, after many enfuriating attempts that only got me an "A".

Using the clutch feels like cheating, but after getting "A" once every 100 tries, it was the wisest thing to do, and I did it before I came to the point of wanting to throw the game, the PS2 and the wheel out of the window :dunce:

If you have a DFP be VERY UNBELIEVABLY SMOOTH, in line and in angle. I used the clutch, but only to get more angle 3/4 way round the turn. If it straightens out your done, this is how I stumbled upon the "Crash Effect" for the first time. If you get too much angle you'll slow down too much and your done. If you don't have enough angle you'll gain speed and miss a gate.

This test is all about learning how to harness the rear steer effect of a drifting car and keep a drift longer than the car wants too. If you had to cheat you clearly don't have that kind of higher level of car control. Most people don't even have enough to make it to level 18, or play the game and enjoy it for that matter. This is why most people hate this game. It's easy if you know what your doing, but painfully hard if you don't.....Fact is, most people just don't. Congrats on making it this far!!!!!

thanks rs, true words of encouragement. I actually enjoyed getting this far, and so far ive gotten S rank on all tests, except for 17.4 (got A) and 18.4 (havent passed yet)

I'm sure ill get it, but sometimes i like to just go down dragon range as fast as i can, for fun :)

Back