Challenge : Walk'on Bathurst !

Netherlands
Utrecht
YukinoSuzuka
On the 20th of March Dutch radio DJ Sander Hoogendoorn did the amazing thing to get 'You Never Walk Alone' from Gerry and The Pacemakers played on the radio.
Over180 radio stations around Europe and as I've followed this initiative via Twitter, even two or three online stations in Canada and Australia played it too. Everywhere on the same time, 8:45 CET !

Now, it's a bit to late to be part of that event, but last week I discovered you can actually walk any track in GTsport when you're in photomode in your replay !

So that got me thinking and the association with this #neverwalkalone fired up.

Let's do a photo challenge !

Bathurst !

Why Bathurst? It's one of the longer tracks + it has some unique features to capture it on photo !

What to do ?

1 : Strap yourself for a +10 lap race on Bathurst with a Gr3 or Gr4 car. Offline or online is up to you.
2 : In the replay of this race, pause your car on start/finish in lap 11 !
3 : Start your trackwalk around the track in the opposite direction !
4* : Make 7 mandatory pictures for this challenge !
5 : You won't win anything, but you earn a lot of respect + you didn't walk alone!

Mandatory pictures

If you want, you may share your walk around the track in a timelapse video, but the challenge is for yourself and hopefully these 7 pictures will proofs enough you DID IT !

1 : A picture taken Murray's Corner (last corner before start/finish) and make a photo of your own car

2 : Make a photo of people cheering (free to improvise)

3 : Photograph the kangaroo family, wherever they might be (I don't know at this point either and have to discover myself too)

4 : Make a photo of the 7th car behind you ! (There should be 6 cars in between you and the 7th car)

5 : A photo taken as far away from start finish, with the pitcomplex visible (free to improvise)

6 : A photo of some sparks, tire smoke or other 'action' that caught your eye (free to improvise)

7 : Make the last photo from Hell Corner (first corner of the track) of your car on start finish !

You are free to attend multiple times, Max effort ! :bowdown:

Challenge will end on Sunday 31th of May, 23:59 CET

Race it, walk it, shoot it, share it ! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Tomorrow morning I'll do my track walk, anyone would like to walk simultaneously with me ? I'll start racing around 8.00 am (CET) so will be starting the trackwalk between 9:00 and 9.30 am.

I'll race it offline, with the following rules I'll race with a Gr.3 car ! Because I guess we won't get up to 20 drivers, you need to finish 13th or better to complete the challenge :D

Race - 11 laps (a few seconds before the finishline would be my startpoint)
Professional, No damage, no wall contact penalties.
Tire & fuel degradation on 2
AI strong, slipstream realistic

I think I'll also share my time at the finish ! :D

I’ll give it a try, but I’ve never found the kangaroo family... I was looking for them for the « the Others » Photomode competition.

Yeah I experienced it myself too.

Ip photographedthe tree were they've been seen for the last time.. maybe they are ghost kangaroos.. ? Will upload my own series of photos tonight I think !

Mention to all ;

The reason of the 11th lap finish was because I thought that would be enough to have a wide spread field and the 7th driver behind you should/could be somewhere on the hill, but in fact the 7th driver behind me was not that far behind, just at the start of the chicane, at The Chase Tunnel. Hopefully you'll see enough reason to participate in such boring times !

(The view from upon the hill at The Esses is phenomenal)

Last edited:
Back