Challenges to make the game a bit harder

• Thread starter Fiffo
  • 4 comments
Bulgaria
Bulgaria
Hello, I am new here :-)

I've come to ask (and also share) what challenges you guys are doing in-game, so it feels a bit harder (cause it's insanely easy imo). Of course, getting all gold medals the normal way (not by saving and loading on PC in mid-race) is still quite the challenge and I got 4 medals that are still silver :(. I already saw Jaime's challenge and the time attack one, so I will share mine:

Complete the game only following these rules (completing means becoming the world champion but having a Toyota GT-1 on the grid is required; wins on all races are not, only overall points matter):

1. Only cars from the same part of the city - East, West, North, South and NO special cars. Meaning, you go and buy the Fiat 500 and then you progress in buying only cars from West City. Same for the others. Obviously, you cannot buy any car with 10 000 credits from North and South city, so you can go buy one from East and when you get the money, immediately switch to the cheapest car possible (I think it's 13 000 for South and 15 000 for North). And again, NO specials!
2. Only cars with the same drivetrain - that one is extremely easy for the FR, MR and 4WD but hard for FF and extremely hard for RR cars. This time you can use specials, because I don't think you can complete the FF challenge otherwise.
3. Only cars with 50% less hp than the race requirement - no more than 49 for the 98 ones, no more than 147 for the 295 ones and so on. For the unlimited, I would say the limit is 50% of the highest hp car in the game - so about 500 hp. Specials are allowed.

So, I would like to hear your suggestions, guys, if you have any.

Last edited:
The rules look interesting, but maybe instead of restricting drivetrain and city, why not restrict the rewards, so you can use (for example) 50% of the prize, and no reward cars, so anyone can use more variation of cars but you will need to think wisely which upgrade, or new car you want

Neat idea, I used to have my own in past. For instance, you can completely prohibit interaction with prize cars, you must never use them in a race or sell them. If you garage gets clogged with too much cars, sell some of your cars (though that likely won't happen).

Also, in restricted special events use the same type of car AI uses, e.g. in a station wagon cup use a wagon, in a kei cup use a kei car, and so on.

These two conditions alone would make the game more interesting and tougher to beat. Another thing you can do is play the events in order of their license requirement. This is a concept Digital-Nitrate from GT4 forums came up with, IIRC. For instance, you must not play A events before you complete all the B events. This is kinda tricky though, because one-make RM events usually have no license restrictions (meaning you would need to beast them first), and they want you to install 80k credit RM livery to complete them, for which you probably won't have enough money...

The rules look interesting, but maybe instead of restricting drivetrain and city, why not restrict the rewards, so you can use (for example) 50% of the prize, and no reward cars, so anyone can use more variation of cars but you will need to think wisely which upgrade, or new car you want

You mean not sell the reward cars, I guess, cause simply not using them is fairly easy. Ye, that's not a bad one and similar to what Matej also suggested.

If you garage gets clogged with too much cars, sell some of your cars (though that likely won't happen).

Ye, probably clogging won't happen before you beat the game.

Also, in restricted special events use the same type of car AI uses, e.g. in a station wagon cup use a wagon, in a kei cup use a kei car, and so on.

Yes, I've also thought of this one. Will try it some day.

These two conditions alone would make the game more interesting and tougher to beat. Another thing you can do is play the events in order of their license requirement.

This one might feel more tedious than interesting, cause you still won't have any other restriction. :)

And I have thought of another - beat the game with only retro cars - manufactured before 1980. And also - no specials again. :)

Also, in restricted special events use the same type of car AI uses, e.g. in a station wagon cup use a wagon, in a kei cup use a kei car, and so on
In my playthrough I've been doing this, and it's been fun. Where possible, I've also tried to use cars that are not opponents in the race but which fit the category, for example a Del Sol or Silvia for the Trial Mountain enduro. I don't stick to that rule all the time, but it's nice to look for more variety.

Something else I found fun is using cars from the appropriate country for all the National League races. Japan is easy but for everything else it can get expensive, especially when I try not to use an overpowered car for the first race, forcing me to either upgrade or buy something else for the later ones. I beat the Pacific league in a Pulsar, but I'll probably do it again in a Mustang or other American car, then the European League in a car from each of those four countries. If only for the prize cars to sell. :lol:

Back