Chances or us being able to use our PC wheels Forza 5

• Thread starter isamu
  • 13 comments

isamu

(Banned)
I would really like to see Microsoft make the X1 compatible with ALL PC USB steering wheels and pedals so we can play Forza 5. I don't see why this is an issue?! There are some of us who own wheels that only only work on the PC. I have an ECCI 7000 and it doesn't work on Xbox 360 which is a shame.

If it turns out Micro$oft has a change of heart and allows us to use our PC wheels on X1, and I can use my ECCI 7000 on the X1, I would seriously consider buying the system just for Forza 5.

I would say the chance is very small, in fact it seems like there may not be any wheel on the market that will work with it which may be on purpose so they can launch a new wheel with it and get some suckers to buy it.

Now they're even saying that headsets from the 360 won't work either (including high-end 3rd party sets) because they're using a new connector.

I appreciate that they're doing this because it allows for better audio fidelity, but they're really starting to alienate their user base.

Enjoy using batteries in your controllers too (honestly, what's wrong with the PS3 system?)

Oh, and I hope you didn't want to play used games....

The Xbox One sounds so completely unappealing from a consumer perspective. It's getting to be really hard to overlook some of these harsh restrictions, no matter how badly I want Forza 5. The Xbox 360 was already pushing it, but this is taking it to a whole new level.

Now they're even saying that headsets from the 360 won't work either (including high-end 3rd party sets) because they're using a new connector.
Well keep in mind that connector would only an issue if you are plugging into the controller. In many cases the headset may be wireless so no connector and in other cases like mine the headset would be connected to the wheel in which case the connector is not the issue.

In cases where the connector is an issue there may be an adapter that could be used.

I hate the notion of locking down games in any way but that probably would not stop me from considering the the console and FM5. If my wheel can not be made to work that will stop me from considering it for sure.

When the xbox 360 has been designed, Microsoft was still producing steering wheels and Forza was a 100% gamepad game.
The situation is quite different now so it is much more in Microsoft interest to facilitate third party pc wheels compatibility.

Raitziger
it now seems like Fanatec wheels won't work with the xbox one. There has been some discussion on wheels section.

I think nobody really knows. Gamepads, headsets, kinect for 360, etc won't be compatible but steering wheels are specific. PS2 accessories were mainly not PS3 compatible but Steering wheels were.

There is some kind of embargo until E3 so Fanatec do not comment anything on Xbox One so far.

Again; it would not be in Microsoft interest to have Forza as a launch title for Xbox One but no wheel compatible with it... so there might be some good news at E3.

Well keep in mind that connector would only an issue if you are plugging into the controller. In many cases the headset may be wireless so no connector and in other cases like mine the headset would be connected to the wheel in which case the connector is not the issue.

In cases where the connector is an issue there may be an adapter that could be used.

I hate the notion of locking down games in any way but that probably would not stop me from considering the the console and FM5. If my wheel can not be made to work that will stop me from considering it for sure.

Oh, I agree that it shouldn't sway a purchase decision (much in the same way the new iPhone connector didn't stop me from getting a 5). The problem right now is that the cons for the One are far outweighing the pros. Hopefully E3 can sway things.

Oh, I agree that it shouldn't sway a purchase decision (much in the same way the new iPhone connector didn't stop me from getting a 5). The problem right now is that the cons for the One are far outweighing the pros. Hopefully E3 can sway things.
Yes... if the cons I have heard so far do not turn out to be false then at least I am going to save some money this year but sadly will not be able to play FM5 when it is released.

Thankfully there is GT6 :)

Latest Posts

Back